An Update from Chris

It is unlikely that anyone posting request on the forums believes their requests would force developers to work significant amounts of hours of overtime and they would also likely not support a policy of mandatory overtime for the developers. It is very easy to request something, not knowing its cost, and it's not possible for folks outside of GGG to be aware the developers' current workloads generally.

I do strongly believe that there must be some way to redirect some of the resources into improving the perm leagues or having longer temp leagues, at least sometimes, so the amount of time the developers get to work on temp leagues will be increased eventually and more of their efforts will consist of essentially routine maintenance and QoL improvements.

I am still not a fan of Synthesis mechanics at all and believe they will need many changes, so I am pleased to hear they will not be shoved down our throats like the Syndicate was. That being said, at least there have been some very needed improvements as the league has gone on. I will be keenly interested in the answers from the Q&A post.
Ty very much for taking the time to post this. It puts my mind at ease. I'm one of the players frustrated atm. I am having loads of fun with PoE (still maining it, hardly playing any other games) and am glad to know the dev's have an awareness of where we're at. That's a big deal and definitely good enough for now.

Thanks
thank you for the transparency in your post, as well as all the work everyone at GGG puts towards this excellent game and community, keep up the good work, I'll be here for another 8 years if you guys are!!!!!!!!!
One More Day...
Synthesis is a great league even with these few bugs which had been corrected. Take time for 4.0 GGG! Make a flashback league to get this time for a VERY GREAT release as always!
As with any game it's important to listen to it's players, and you are very good at doing that.

As for this league, it's a shame all the work you put into it won't be implemented, but I can understand why as it's got its issues and would need some changes to make it work well. The most important ones you seem to have adressed mainly the long long memory paths which you fixed with a max of 5 and the betrayer part (which I had serious issues with in this league, but lately seems to work, bit of lag but not lagspike death.. last league(betrayer) was really great though and I'm glad you implemented it)).

As for putting in time to fix the other things, it is the correct decision and you know it and most of us know it as well.

I'm glad you also try to ensure the people working at GGG stay sane by not crunching, it's more important we keep getting good stuff than that we get a super patch immediately. It's really in everyones interest to keep the staff happy, players, staff and company all thrive this way.

Cheers mate, you guys really put out one of the best games of our times, and have hopefully shown other game creators how you can properly run a company. Incredible work .

Yay, meme league dies on it's arse.

The weekend just got a lot better, cheers GGG.
Just revert Poet's Pen nerf and its all fine. I dont mind one league being trash, i mind having more build possibilities and forcing people to play handcasting by nerfing Poet's Pen wasnt a good move. I found Poet's Pen one of the most fun uniques to use. At the current state, its not fun anymore, feels clunky and even reaching 8 AS i still have troubles to make it work as it used to.
Last edited by manueloel on May 3, 2019, 6:20:50 AM
I am glad that Synthesis is being trashed away and that GGG realises how much we disliked it.

I am eagerly anticipating 3.7 and 4.0 reveals.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
I'm hoping as well that u would at least cut the rest of leagues that aren't something like syntesis was and remove them from game core, but looking forward to see what u have installed for us in Wreiclast..... ;)

keep up the good work.....

Best regards from

Omega & Acient Guardians
1. Who is complaning about the dev team for sure doesn’t play other games .

-80% of the games I've played don’t have such a good feedback / fixies as POE. Also they don't come up with something totally new at 3 months. So they keep fixing things, one year, till the next "big release".

If i count just the free games the percent goes up and the maintenance time must be named "download a tv show", because you will never know for sure if it takes 1h or 10h. The fixes are fine, but it happens to break something else... so, yep it's fun.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against other teams. It's pretty hard to keep up and do everything perfect in time, for sure they do everything they can. But all those things make me appreciate much more the POE team, it seems to be compact, organized and really creative team.

2. Synthesis .. I love it !!!!!

The first thing I’ve said about this league was "the person who thought this is a genius"

and follow me:

-almost every player waits for the new league like a Christmas present, to open it and see what’s new, the same thing it's happening with the items in the game. You happily pick up and identify them, but this is soon lost in game. After one week nobody picks up more than few specific items (mostly uniques). This league fixed this ... after 2 months I still identify a lot of items, I’m looking for good opt. to synthesize.. not just seeing the base item lvl and throwing way because I can’t roll good opt.

- I’m not the kind that throws 20-30 same maps in the map device, and go farm.. . I find this boring, so I prefer delving or looking for other masters "quests".

I love Alva.. but when you meet her you have 2 random rooms ( to upgrade or change), Jun a little more complex but the same idea of choosing (every member offers 2 opt)...So you don’t have all the time the option to "build" a temple or safehouse the way you want and also you can't skip or wait for other opt. too many times.

Sometime you open useless temples or safe houses. Synthesis league gives you freedom to choose whatever memory modifiers you want to stack in 1 to 5 fragments. Also you need to be careful to the path way, to the no. of runnings left, the fragment to replace it, if the decay goes wrong, so one thing is clear:

Braindead farming ≠ Synthesis league

*No wonder why many times when I check for price I need to level down my item because are very few or none items 89 level shaper/elder base.

I'm pretty sad because you will not integrate it in the core game, in my opinion those changes are a must. Anyway good job!! One of the best dev teams!

P.S:
"
"A big topic in the gaming industry recently is development crunch. Some studios make their teams work 14 hour days to pack every patch full of the most fixes and improvements possible. Sometimes when we read our own Patch Notes threads and community feedback, we feel that we are being asked to do the same. I will not run this company that way. While there's inevitably a bit of optional paid overtime near league releases, the vast majority of a Path of Exile development cycle has great work/life balance. This is necessary to keep our developers happy and healthy for the long-term, but it does mean that some game improvements will take a while to be made. "

As an artist with a system administrator boyfriend this quote is the best thing I’ve read in a while, I hope is true. Respect Chris !
Last edited by IngaM on May 3, 2019, 7:17:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info