An Update from Chris

"
A big topic in the gaming industry recently is development crunch. Some studios make their teams work 14 hour days to pack every patch full of the most fixes and improvements possible. Sometimes when we read our own Patch Notes threads and community feedback, we feel that we are being asked to do the same. I will not run this company that way. While there's inevitably a bit of optional paid overtime near league releases, the vast majority of a Path of Exile development cycle has great work/life balance. This is necessary to keep our developers happy and healthy for the long-term, but it does mean that some game improvements will take a while to be made.

I love you and everyone working in and for GGG for this.
That kind of Thought is -poorly- a rare Gem nowadays. Please stay like this, you do great.
Die Erdkrümmung ist schuld!

7 Years to Level 90! *Joy*
02.02.2013 ~ 24.05.2020
"
A big topic in the gaming industry recently is development crunch. Some studios make their teams work 14 hour days to pack every patch full of the most fixes and improvements possible. Sometimes when we read our own Patch Notes threads and community feedback, we feel that we are being asked to do the same. I will not run this company that way. While there's inevitably a bit of optional paid overtime near league releases, the vast majority of a Path of Exile development cycle has great work/life balance. This is necessary to keep our developers happy and healthy for the long-term, but it does mean that some game improvements will take a while to be made.

Thank you.

Would be nice to get some way of having synth mods... Crafting good crit poison daggers is... Very difficult.
Last edited by Issarelias on May 5, 2019, 3:28:51 PM
Thanks for all the work you and the team put into the game! Glad to hear work-life balance is prioritized :)
Don't sweat Chris. You guys are doing a good job. I don't even have time to play this game anymore, but I still buy points and supporter packs once in a while, because you guys deserve it.

Failures happen. Stuff doesn't always go smoothly. In fact, as a fellow developer, I'd say things rarely go smoothly. What's important is to have a plan and be transparent about intents.

GGG has been one of the most transparent, friendly, and approachable gaming companies in the past decade. And Path of Exile, despite some glaring flaws and various occasional shortcomings, is still one of the best ARPGs on the market at the moment. Keep your chin up and continue doing what you're doing.

And much applause and gratitude to the entire development team for pulling through all this. I don't envy the difficulty of their job. I know you say you encourage good work life balance but the cycle GGG has been on in the past years inherently make for pretty demanding work for developers.
I took a break early into Synthesis because the league was not all that fun and other great games were being released, therefore, I saw this post only recently. All I have to say is I appreciate this post and GGG's commitment to openness in their communication with PoE community. Keep up the great work GGG!
One question that I've never seen Chris answer is if he actually plays his own game. If he did I'm sure he'd see some of the very obvious problems that have arisen recently.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I love you guys keep up the good work!
for me league is shit, BUT the most important is ur company :) Awesome info in post, thx for this. Now i can undesrtand why some leagues or things can be bad and its OK AND FAIR! So, now i understood thati shouldnt rage on a bad league, cause all this other stuff. ty
Saying something is one thing, but doing something is another.
I call bullshit, you don't have to work your people 14 hours a day. You have to test your garbage before you release it. Take your time and get it working 95% instead of 30% working.

Last two season on Xbox have been TRASH. Please stop rushing content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info