An Update from Chris

Plenty of ARPGs are coming. But this post is the reason I'll stay on POE for a while.
Nice to hear that community complaints are being heard and addressed. Also, I fully agree that employees (even of game companies) have the right to a helathy work/life balance - keep it up!
Awesome to see this type of communication and transparency!
Great job, many people don't understand the time and effort development/programming takes. Like you said the main effort should be keeping the employees happy, everything will fall into place from there, it just takes time. Keep it up.
Pog
I appreciate the communication with the player base which a lot of companies don't even try anymore. I'm happy to spend money and time if it feels like the game is going the right direction.

Like at least one other person has pointed out, all the worst aspects of this game right now were based on terrible ideas not the current implementation of those ideas:

10% exp loss, that was a decision, and it is stupid - especially in a game where so many things dog-pile the character at once with full screen of effects and what, 35 different things that stun or stop movement or bleed or explode? When you hit a point you lose 3+ hours of grind over some stupid game lag or cheap one shot mechanic you couldn't even see, who the hell is going to walk away from that happy and satisfied with what they're part of?

The current idiotic trade implementation was a choice as well. Nobody is going to sit around for 12 hours in their hideout trading besides a bot. When you try to buy a map and have to message 30 people to get a response, it is also an absolute failure of your model and implementation. You've gutted drop rates so bad most players only hope is trading and they will never have the time or currency to do so. This is the worst aspect of the game and has been for a long time, so don't think we don't all see it as an ongoing mess you guys double down on every chance you get.

Betrayal, who the hell thought putting instant gank encounters in yellow/red maps who are 3 times as strong as the map boss was smart? And if you bother to deal with it, the loot and grind for it is so boring almost anything else away from the game is less boring or frustrating.

Synthesis is pretty much neutral, at least it is optional but it still sucks how much space, RNG, and tabs it takes to get anything useful. Most people will hit level 90 before they even hit the first boss encounter and it will of course instantly kill them because like everything else its vastly over-tuned around meta builds.
I think it's great GGG tries new ideas for their leagues. Some were great and some were duds, but they're always pushing new content. Great company. Perhaps you should have a minimum development time before something goes live to ensure it doesn't have such serious issues.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
I appreciate the communication with the player base which a lot of companies don't even try anymore. I'm happy to spend money and time if it feels like the game is going the right direction.

Like at least one other person has pointed out, all the worst aspects of this game right now were based on terrible ideas not the current implementation of those ideas:

10% exp loss, that was a decision, and it is stupid - especially in a game where so many things dog-pile the character at once with full screen of effects and what, 35 different things that stun or stop movement or bleed or explode? When you hit a point you lose 3+ hours of grind over some stupid game lag or cheap one shot mechanic you couldn't even see, who the hell is going to walk away from that happy and satisfied with what they're part of?

The current idiotic trade implementation was a choice as well. Nobody is going to sit around for 12 hours in their hideout trading besides a bot. When you try to buy a map and have to message 30 people to get a response, it is also an absolute failure of your model and implementation. You've gutted drop rates so bad most players only hope is trading and they will never have the time or currency to do so. This is the worst aspect of the game and has been for a long time, so don't think we don't all see it as an ongoing mess you guys double down on every chance you get.

Betrayal, who the hell thought putting instant gank encounters in yellow/red maps who are 3 times as strong as the map boss was smart? And if you bother to deal with it, the loot and grind for it is so boring almost anything else away from the game is less boring or frustrating.

Synthesis is pretty much neutral, at least it is optional but it still sucks how much space, RNG, and tabs it takes to get anything useful. Most people will hit level 90 before they even hit the first boss encounter and it will of course instantly kill them because like everything else its vastly over-tuned around meta builds.

I don't know if I agree with you about the xp penalty on death , it used to be 15% btw … and if theres no risk at all the game feels meaningless

I do agree its a gut punch when you get into a situation where you cant possibly survive , but to not have a penalty on death it becomes like the boss kills on normal mode where you just portal back continuously and theres no sense of accomplishment whatsoever. (yes I am aware end game maps only have 6 portals) but my point still stands
IGN- Shaeyaena
So you tell your core players that you are busy releasing Path of Exile on Xbox then on Playstation and now the 3.7.0 Release in South Korea. But you tell this to your Core Players. You decided to release on Xbox - You decided to release the to PS4 and Now South Korea. If everything is so short why do you do those things at the same time and tell your PC CORE gamers : Sorry we have no time to fix league mechanics. I dont get it. Its not about keeping up with other companies. it is about to make the right decisions.

Edit : Anyways im looking forward to your next releases. im not a part of the angry community ^^
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
Last edited by x7yr on May 2, 2019, 7:20:50 PM
"
x7yr wrote:
If everything is so short why do you do those things at the same time and tell your PC CORE gamers : Sorry we have no time to fix league mechanics. I dont get it.

"core" is likely where the most income is coming from.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info