Developer Questions and Answers

Thanks. I got into one race season. Loved it. I Would buy A race season supporter pack for a reasonable price guaranteed.
"
Quantifier wrote:
Recently, Chris has announced that Synthesis is not going core.

This announcement, while great for our general knowledge, has also driven the prices of certain items out of wack.

I've personally saved up a lot of money trying to buy those items, and now, they are far more expensive than they were before.

Obviously, I'd want to have information like this. Just as obvious, I don't want my plans and the economy to go into the gutter with such an announcement.

Does GGG have a way to both give the information, and not affect such plans?
Maybe if you suck real good .....
Any plans on improving API? I'm not talking about adding completely new functionality - a lot of already existing stuff could be improved w/o much effort(or so it seems to me), eg:
- Allow users to generate a token for accessing stash/profile api instead of copying POESESSIONID cookie. A lot of popular tools(Currency Cop, Aquisition) rely on this method.
- Add methods for getting info from user profile(skill tree, items, etc) which is now accessible only by parsing poe website afaik.
- Add documentation for stash "api"(https://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-stash-items..). Map tab support would've been amazing as well.
- Add documentation for official trade api(https://www.pathofexile.com/api/trade/search) and static data api(items, mods, currency, etc).

My point is that a lot of things are already implemented, but currently trying to use poe api feels more like reverse engineering.
Are there plans to put more work into the "mid-game" phase, and not just uber-hardcore-lategame content?

Playing through the Acts is fun and the lore is impressive, but then the difficulty scaling becomes a mess. Starting with the Act 10 Kitava fight, you get punched with seemingly completely random monster damage, and in the same map you can burn through everything with closed eyes, only to get randomly nuked from full HP by another pack.

Some people (like me) enjoy exploring the game rather than tryharding in Excel for the most extreme lategame build, and looking at how much effort you put into the lore, I assume you consider us(?) an important part of the playerbase. Would be good to have someone actually look at the difficulty and damage scaling in the late acts and during the transition into maps, because I'm pretty sure this puts off a lot of people who love the game but get sick of randomly dying to things they couldn't prepare for or learn how to deal with.
Last edited by TheLiberation on May 3, 2019, 5:46:31 AM
In regards to item drop quality:

- A current trend is that regular dropped items barely can compete with crafted items. Did you consider to implement a system that inherently makes the dropped items slightly better without effecting the crafting side?
For example with them on average choosing a higher level of modifiers with just the first identify? Or sometimes them having an enhanced modifier like the items from the incursion temples?
1)Can GGG remove intervention encounters from Betrayal mechanics please?
There is no way to run from the intervention encounters as the syndicate members will chase you through the whole map.
It's either you get killed or kill the syndicate members.
The syndicate members have more HP, defense and damage than map bosses or rogue exiles. It's really unfair as this is the only dangerous game mechanism which forces players compared to fortress, lab, transport, breach, incursion , abyss etc where players have a choice to avoid.

2)Is there any plan to remove xp lost penalty in SC?
It's really painful if you die and lost 10% exp in SC at levels 96 and above.
This will just discourage players to continue playing POE due to lost progression. it's just not fun anymore.
Whar are the plans to adjsut the Syndicate encounters in maps , especially unavoidable Interventions?
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Will there ever be a revamp towards high end unique items from non-bosses such as a drop chance decrease or newer less-accessible uniques only obtainable from high tier maps such as skyforths?, because the excitement for obtaining tier 1 type uniques doesn't quite feel as accomplishing anymore due to the current lack of value and lack of build-enabling uniques from non-boss encounters.
In response to the current state of trade, there's been a highly pro botting attitude. This is very similar to the other trade improvements, like the trade indexing sites, where third parties addressed problems with trading. What do you think of people seeing trade bots as the solution to a problem?
In your Q&A part 1 you mentioned the reason why you do not want to give map bosses more reward is because it doesn’t take much time to fight them. Do you think that’s appropriate design for a map boss? It almost feels like it’s a rare monster, even syndicates are stronger. What about making the bosses harder yet they yield much better rewards?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info