[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

damn....dunno what to do with single target....even 5link bad(
That claw section is a bad choice, as others have mentioned. Single target is terrible in leveling so far, but I'm enjoying using the skill. I plan to use the mana/life leach area of the tree instead of CLAW (seriously....why).
"
Dub88 wrote:
That claw section is a bad choice, as others have mentioned. Single target is terrible in leveling so far, but I'm enjoying using the skill. I plan to use the mana/life leach area of the tree instead of CLAW (seriously....why).

You're missing the point and so are others. You ONLY pickup that wheel when you purchase a Lioneye's Fall Jewel. It turns all of those claw nodes into bow nodes. So not only are you getting mana leech, but you also get a shitload of crit.
"
thekaos1k23 wrote:
damn....dunno what to do with single target....even 5link bad(

I don't think ice shot single target is a thing? Go barrage or scourge.

"
zazey wrote:
"
Dub88 wrote:

You're missing the point and so are others. You ONLY pickup that wheel when you purchase a Lioneye's Fall Jewel. It turns all of those claw nodes into bow nodes. So not only are you getting mana leech, but you also get a shitload of crit.

Well depending on his currency situation, he should still probably not go for claw nodes since lioneye's fall might be too expensive for him atm and will only go up. But yea he missed the point.
"
illmtk wrote:
"
zazey wrote:
"
Dub88 wrote:

Well depending on his currency situation, he should still probably not go for claw nodes since lioneye's fall might be too expensive for him atm and will only go up. But yea he missed the point.
The Lioneye jewel is expensive every league for that specific reason, these "claw nodes" are point per point better than vitality void or king of the hill or whatever else you can use normally as a bow character.

For crit bow builds it's a must have, which drives the price up, but ofc not something you bee-line as your first purchase (probably invest in weapon and other items first) so ofc you don't spec these nodes while levelling, esp. as your league starter char.

There's been a dozen posts about "claw nodes" this week in various bow build guides, I guess authors need to write in all caps big font "don't spec claw nodes until you can get lioneye fall, it only works when combined with the gem".

Especially irritating when people claim it's a "mistake" or "bad choice" when it's been a staple of crit bow builds for years. It's fine to not know, it's not nice to go all judgemental on people who create these guides (for free) and probably have multiple seasons of experience with given build.
"
Viktranka wrote:

Well depending on his currency situation, he should still probably not go for claw nodes since lioneye's fall might be too expensive for him atm and will only go up. But yea he missed the point.[/quote] The Lioneye jewel is expensive every league for that specific reason, these "claw nodes" are point per point better than vitality void or king of the hill or whatever else you can use normally as a bow character.

For crit bow builds it's a must have, which drives the price up, but ofc not something you bee-line as your first purchase (probably invest in weapon and other items first) so ofc you don't spec these nodes while levelling, esp. as your league starter char.

There's been a dozen posts about "claw nodes" this week in various bow build guides, I guess authors need to write in all caps big font "don't spec claw nodes until you can get lioneye fall, it only works when combined with the gem".

Especially irritating when people claim it's a "mistake" or "bad choice" when it's been a staple of crit bow builds for years. It's fine to not know, it's not nice to go all judgemental on people who create these guides (for free) and probably have multiple seasons of experience with given build.
[/quote]

Yeah you can just take duelist wheel nodes instead, it's simple as that.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
Viktranka wrote:

Well depending on his currency situation, he should still probably not go for claw nodes since lioneye's fall might be too expensive for him atm and will only go up. But yea he missed the point.[/quote] The Lioneye jewel is expensive every league for that specific reason, these "claw nodes" are point per point better than vitality void or king of the hill or whatever else you can use normally as a bow character.

[/quote]

Yeah you can just take duelist wheel nodes instead, it's simple as that.
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
I will be adding daily vlogs on how i've progressed, I just got to the party two days late cos of work.

So far I'm able to facetank metamorphs due to not being hit.

Evasion is key
I'm still trying to figure out what the best possible single target setup would be. IMO ST ice arrow is awful and scourge arrow doesn't feel too great. Maybe it's barrage but not sure yet.
"
zazey wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what the best possible single target setup would be. IMO ST ice arrow is awful and scourge arrow doesn't feel too great. Maybe it's barrage but not sure yet.

From your character you are missing a Diamond Flask which will make it feel a lot nicer, but I'm not sure what to say I've got a video up pre-Ice shot buff doing shaper and that was fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info