[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
gawddawg wrote:
I still wish to thank YAAB Synix for the build and his efforts despite the mixed feelings on how people have experienced the build. A topic for another time but perhaps in the ranger forums there should have been an established notion that while extremely rewarding, it is an absolutely brutal start to a league.

Now to try and help out some players here: are you prepared to invest the time and patience for 50-100ex? Not going to shroud people's eyes on this - if you want to go full force at endgame it will require this magnitude of currency.

Refer to Poe.ninja builds (deadeye->barrage) and take a look at the players on the top and what they're running. Obviously don't put too much emphasis on the builds using Headhunter.

They're expensive to follow/copy but as always a compromise can be made: instead of going for the Fractal thoughts with barrage +projectile (30-40ex), you could opt for the Barrage 40% enchant on it for 4-5ex, same compromises can be made for voidfletcher, hyrri's ire, watcher's eyes etc.

Just remember to place a lot of emphasis on barrage as your main skill, if you have only one 5link or 6L put your best support gems with barrage in there. You can acquire a 5L easily on Opus if you buy the non-linked bow outright, then use the prophecy "jeweller's touch" which is around 5c to use a jeweller's orb on it. An actual 5L opus may also be around the same price.

For any of those interested in taking elements or following entirely on a top player's build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/DaitePofarmit/EsseExileMetamorph?i=0&search=class%3DDeadeye%26skill%3DBarrage

They don't use headhunter but it's still potentially very expensive. Be prepared for that, as stated. But it is absolutely worth to be at this level of gearing for endgame - it feels great. Feel free to use whatever sources inside or outside poe.ninja to make your own builds work guys, good luck

There's not too much point looking at poe.ninja since you don't know if they are running with an aurabot or not. I tried this self curse HH multiple inspired learning iceshot deadeye (got em from lv100 characters poe.ninja too) and it feels great, only when you can actually stack like 50-100 buffs and you are literally a god, metamorph dies in blink of an eye. The other time when you die and loses all the buff good luck doing boss and metamorph.

The profile you linked is also a straight up glass cannon build, which is why he linked portal with cast on death, just like me.

Honestly if people are looking for a fast build that can do all content easily and also not expensive, just go zombie necro.

I am running a variation of this build for 2-3 league's in a row now, and don't really encounter major problems which aren't already known by now.

The most important thing to take away from this and any other guide is, that blandly copying a persons build isn't going to guarantee you the same end result. It's always a good start, but people should learn and understand the game so they can make changes necessary to what they are lacking in any build.

Obviously don't look at my profile for any guidance (You can ask me questions though), as I am running with a HH and 2 IL Jewels. I have ran this build without this setup and still did fine (which I hopefully explain in the different Gear/Gem decisions).

You should look at your character and ask yourself, what do I lack, what do I need to increase and go from there.

Different Gear Decisions
Spoiler

I am not going to discuss HH, IL, Self-curse setups here as people who use that already know what they are doing. The different options that I listed below are not all the options that are out there. Don't be afraid to try things out as well and see what works best for you!

I mainly listed items I have experience with and know how it feels for this build (e.g. I have never used Voidfletcher as quiver, so I didn't add a quiver selection)

Amulet
Spoiler

The build makes use of a Gloomfang if you feel like you are losing to much health or can't get a ring with +19 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your attacks, you can swap it for Pandemonius (I am not saying this is a cheaper solution

Helmet
Spoiler

You can choose a wide range of heads for the build, and play with whenever you are satisfied with them. I will not tell you to get helmet X or Y, I am just showing you the different selection of helmets you can choose from.

The build makes use of a Starkonja, but you can also select a Fractal Thoughts, Rat's Nest or a crafted fossil head with -9% cold resistance to nearby enemies.

If you are rich and despise running lab for a head enchant, try crafting a 30% quality base (base of the unique head you want) and roll the enchant on it with fossils. Once you hit the enchant scoure and chance the helmet to the unique version (This is a tedious process and by no means cheap!).

Gloves
Spoiler

Same as the helmet, for the gloves you have a variety of gloves to choose from.

You can either use the Gripped Gloves that are in the guide of this build, or select one of the following ones Tombfist or Null and Void or other gloves that suite your need.

Gripped Gloves
The Gripped Gloves gives you a damage boost, but also survivability with health and resistances.

Tombfists

Tombfists give you some life depending on how much you already got, and gives you the ability to Intimidate Enemies when you socket a Murderous Eye Jewel in it.

Null and Void

The Null and Void Gloves are something I personally prefer, as it gives you Rampage on Kill. Besides that once you enter a different Rampage Stage you dispel all ailments and gain 1.5 seconds Physical Damage immunity.

Another way to get Rampage is by using a weapon swap tactic with
and then running a cyclone setup in it to get your first initial kill to trigger Rampage.

Flasks
Spoiler

You can decide to swap out Atrizir's Promise for a Cinderswallow Urn with the increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect veiled mod on it.

You could drop the bleeding flask for another utility flask if you think Atziri's Promise or Cinderswallow Urn will give you enough survivability. To avoid dying to the most common bleed, use a corrupted jewel with 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' like this
(This can be any jewel you use in your build, doesn't have to be a Searching Eye)

Different Gem Link Decisions
Spoiler

Depending on what you feel you are lacking you can make some changes to the gem link setup. As most people have pointed out (even OP) is that your best go-to Single Target skill is Barrage.

Iceshot (Clear):
Spoiler

The current setup is as followed:
Ice Shot - Chain - Added Cold Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Damage on Full Life - Increased Critical Strikes

If you find out you are not always on a 100% HP for whatever reason, Damage on Full Life is not a good gem for you and should swap it out for something else.

My setup for faster clear:
Ice Shot - Chain - Added Cold Damage - Mirage Archer - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Inspiration

You could drop the Mirage Archer and take Increased Critical Strikes here as well, but basically swapped out the Damage on Full Life for a Inspiration.

Scourage Arrow/Barrage (Single Target):
Spoiler

The current setup is as followed:
Scourge Arrow - Mirage Archer - Added Cold Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Damage on Full Life - Infused Channeling

My setup for bosses:
Barrage - Hypothermia - Added Cold Damage - Cold Penetration - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Inspiration

I use this in a combination with Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste, which I will talk about in the aura setups section.

Auras:
Spoiler

Herald of Ice (Guide Setup):
Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

Herald of Ice (My Setup):
Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

I added Ice Bite to my Herald of Ice to gain Frenzy Charges. The reason for this is that I do not run a Green Nightmare Jewel in my point. Therefore, I needed another source for my Frenzy Charges, which I solved by adding Ice Bite to my setup

Seperate Auras & Golem gems(Unlinked)
The other auras that I run in this build are not linked to anything. The first one being Hatred.

The other two auras are Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste (I do not active these auras!). I only use these for bosses or metamorphs.

Besides that I also use a Lightning Golem for some extra attack speed. This isn't really necessary, but personal preference.

Lastly I do not run a Cast when Damage taken setup, the reason being if you get a big hit you die anyway. So instead of that I run a Ballista Totem - Ensnaring Arrow setup which I use for bosses and metamorphs. Ensnaring arrow stacks 3 times, and makes enemies take 20% Increased Projectile Damage from Attack Hits

Triple Curse Setup
This section could be in the Different Gear Decisions. I decided that this isn't a good idea for just anybody to just copy and use, as it is tailored to my setup/liking. The only reason for me showing this is to let others see the different possibilities.
Spoiler

Currently I am trying out a triple curse setup with relatively a small amount of changes to gear.
1. Annoint to your amulet (+1 curse)
2. Awakened Curse on Hit Level 5(+1 curse) It has to be level 5 to get the +1 curse
3. Default 1 curse

This will get you to a total of 3 curses, yes it is investment as the anointment is around 1 ex and the gem around 10-12 ex.

The curses I run are Assassin's Mark, Elemental Weakness and Frostbite (currently not equipped, as I still need to level Curse on Hit to 5)

Now you might wonder how you achieve 3 curses in the build? I have crafted a ring with Shaper and Hunter influence to get Assassins Mark and Elemental Weakness on the ring, I then throw frostbite in my gem links.

How to get a ring like this?
Spoiler

Step 1:
You will need two rings
1. Shaper Ring
2. Hunter Ring

Select a ring you want to be the base (so the ring you want to equip in the end) and the other ring can be any ring with that type of influence.

Step 2:
Now use alterations on the Shaper Ring to get Assassin's Mark and on the Hunter Ring Elemental Weakness

Step 3:
Once you have two rings with the only Shaper Mod being Assassin's Mark and the only Hunter Mod being Elemental Weakness, use a Awakener's Orb to merge the two rings.

Click the ring you want to destroy and add it to the base item you selected before. You should now have 2 curses on 1 ring, the other stats will be randomly rolled on the merge.

With the recent changes to monster HP, Awakener levels increasing map mods, and much more you should understand that not all builds are great at excelling at everything. Sure you can kill Sirus or Uber Elder with this build, will it be easy and feel great I personally think it doesn't.

There are other builds out there that do this much better. That is also the reason I run a Deadeye Iceshot for map clearing (yes also bosses and metamorphs) and a Minion Build for the Conquerors and Sirus
Last edited by Kikkah on Jan 21, 2020, 7:31:33 AM
What is the purple skin that u use no 1lvl to shaper video?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
gawddawg wrote:
Now to try and help out some players here: are you prepared to invest the time and patience for 50-100ex? Not going to shroud people's eyes on this - if you want to go full force at endgame it will require this magnitude of currency.
Your whole post is right, you only forgot to add: typical bow build deadeye is squishy with small life pool. If you can't afford good enough gear to obliterate everything around you, you will die a lot. You rely on evasion / dodge and sidestepping dangerous abilities with high movespeed thanks to tailwind, but if that fails, you will probably be 1-shot. If it doesn't 1-shot you, you can leech it back, but many typical deadeye builds end up with 3,5-4,5k life which easily places them in 1-shot territory on high maps and bosses.

Bow builds (typical crit-oriented ones) were always expensive, always squishy, excel at fast clear, but make poor league starters. It's even more so this league when bosses and red maps were buffed.

I didn't do a deep dive into it as I was more focused on highlighting the good points and how to get there, but yes definitely in terms of survivability bow builds have it pretty tough as they naturally do. But yeah exemplified this league tenfold. It's one extreme to the other where you have to go all in on damage+evasion+expenses or hp+budget. I simply thought it was clear consensus across the board how squishy a deadeye is already, looking at recent and past posts :P.

But it's good to be clear on it for sure. So good info on your part to clarify it still. Yup, the point where you kill things before they kill you looks like this:
Hp = 3k-4.5k
Evasion = 55% - 60%
Barrage tooltip = 40k+

while chilling with buffs excluding tailwind in the hideout.

I recommend using a regular portal self-cast along with a cast on death portal link, that has made mapping really smooth and autopilot. A lot of deaths can occur funnily enough AFTER a metamorph has died and you let your guard down looting etc. Bow life yo, we live on death's edge no matter what
"
mickeymicky wrote:

There's not too much point looking at poe.ninja since you don't know if they are running with an aurabot or not. I tried this self curse HH multiple inspired learning iceshot deadeye (got em from lv100 characters poe.ninja too) and it feels great, only when you can actually stack like 50-100 buffs and you are literally a god, metamorph dies in blink of an eye. The other time when you die and loses all the buff good luck doing boss and metamorph.

The profile you linked is also a straight up glass cannon build, which is why he linked portal with cast on death, just like me.

Honestly if people are looking for a fast build that can do all content easily and also not expensive, just go zombie necro.

Necromancer is the door that's more or less been shown for players since the beginning :P. Whilst hard I did want to be brutally honest about what players can expect if they attempted to bring this build to the endgame.

Personally I do everything solo to the point where I don't even bother selling a mastermind or Chayula kill challenge, and clearing is super breezy and the sacrifice on hp for damage is absolutely worth it and genuinely felt safer.

Good point on the aurabot, but there's always a point referring to poe.ninja for specific elements you can modify for yourself. For example if a beginner player starting out got lucky with drops and sales they could afford a Voidfletcher corrupted implicit, which can be seen widely used across the board. From hereon if they simply took that one info and integrated it into their build, it's not as though they now need to go glass canon full force, they can still be like 5-6k hp if they wanted. It's making those free swaps by attaining a bit of insight into what items are viable - a reference point where you can see what's working for most people doing the hardest content.

I did mention for people to probably stay away from the headhunter builds as it can go like you said with dying and reapplying buffs. Not to mention HH is not realistic for most budgets. I am also following that build, and linked cast on death with portal, I just see that as part of playing bows tbh, deaths simply happen when your evades rng you, metamorphs have the exploding effects, your dodge chance is unlucky. Personally I'm at 59% evasion without tailwind, 3.4khp and found it far more effective to survive than 5khp, ~45% evasion.

The point is definitely to kill things quickly before they can launch anything at you, hence before stating anything I put it out that people will have to be prepared to spend a lot of currency.
Last edited by gawddawg on Jan 21, 2020, 1:14:28 PM
To reiterate what I said
-"Refer to Poe.ninja builds (deadeye->barrage) and take a look"
-"Feel free to use whatever sources inside or outside poe.ninja to make your own builds work guys, good luck"

These points were not made to enforce blindly following any build, the language there suggests having a look and taking elements out of any build that seems to have common aspects to the vast majority of other top builds and integrating into your own without compromising on survivability. For example, pandemonius with the Heart of ice annointment works incredibly well with the ES provided by fractal thoughts and voidfletcher. Big damage boost with a lot of evasion and +eHP with Heart of Ice + flat energy shield.

The league is reaching its maturity by now as we're about 5 weeks in, hence increased quantity of people are seeking to trivialise endgames with gear which absolutely can be aided by looking at poe.ninja builds. I changed my setup about three to five times before I found a sweet spot for me and that was using largely differing poe.ninja builds. One of the lvl 98 deadeyes on the ladder I know does solo content without an aurabot.

Of course it goes without saying, feel free to ask people on different platforms in and outside the game before investing. Obviously for people starting out, there's not much point right now following those builds, but it's still worth looking at to see what endgame items they could possibly use and save up for. At the end of the day, we are posting on a build thread that already has a step to step guide for beginners and many people to people posts on what worked for them while leveling up.

On the beginner note though, place more emphasis on the recent posts as in all honesty I also was not convinced on gloomfang and Scourge arrow
Mapping with this is great, but the moment I get to any boss at all, it's a nightmare. A mixture of really bad single target and being squishy as hell has made me just skip all metamorphs and all bosses. Think someone can check out my profile and give any advice? I've tried both Barrage and Ice shot + barrage support, but both are fairly bad.
Last edited by Quietess on Jan 22, 2020, 3:21:46 AM
"
Quietess wrote:
Mapping with this is great, but the moment I get to any boss at all, it's a nightmare. A mixture of really bad single target and being squishy as hell has made me just skip all metamorphs and all bosses. Think someone can check out my profile and give any advice?

I can only talk from experience and what feels good for me. I do see a couple of things you can change up and try out.

1. I see you have a headhunter, this should give you enough juice to kill bosses and matamorphs with ease, but your play style might interfere with that. How strict is your loot filter? When you run a HH and want to keep as much juice possible till the end of the map, you require a pretty strict filter.

As a little extra you can invest in 2 Inspired Learnings to give you even more juice. This isn't necessary btw, it just makes the HH experience feel even smoother.

2. I see you use a CWDT setup, just wondering how much times that really saved your life? I think you mostly freeze/shatter the mobs rather fast (especially with HH juice). Try swapping those out for a Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste. Save those for the metamorph fight and it should go a lot smoother (That is currently what I run).

3. When you change up the CWDT setup anyway, you can try a Ballista Totem Support with Ensnarring Arrow, it gives 20% more projectile damage on enemies (Only spawn the totems at bosses and metamorphs).

4. You can try to swap out your increased critical strikes for a Mirage Archer on your Ice Shot and take a precision level 3 aura to get at least half of the crit back. It will make you lose some Critical Strike Chance, I don't feel that I struggle while only having half your crit chance though.

I personally prefer offence over defense as a Ranger in most cases. The reason being if you get hit in a Tier 16 by a boss you will most likely die anyway. A CWDT setup isn't going to save you in that case, especially if a fight takes a little longer then expected as it has a 3 second cooldown after the skill is done.
Is there any video of players doing full awakened atlas and full sextant t16s boss and metamorphs?
My rating for this build in 3.9:

Clear speed: 4/5

Boss/metamorph fights: 2/5

Gear used: 6 Link Death's Opus, 6 Link Hyrri's, Headhunter, Dying Sun.

Boss fights pretty much took forever unless the map mods were complete garbage or I had some lucky HH buffs. Problem with the build is that it's not optimize for 3.9 and metamorph fights. With only 3.5k HP, it's either kill stuff instantly or play a game of RNG and not get hit and die in one hit. But this is pretty much garbage when you vs Metamorph, because they spam so much AoE and spells, your chances of dying every encounters with them in end game maps is pretty high.

Is this a budget friendly build at start of new leagues? Probably no if you expecting to go to red maps with just 6link bow and armor. You are going to have optimize every pieces of gear you can if you want to melt bosses.
Last edited by Ryce on Jan 22, 2020, 2:01:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info