[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
phucbui7718 wrote:
"
DevonX1 wrote:
Hi, what is the tier list for helmet enchants. What is the worst and the best of ice shot damage 25,40 and barrage +1 arrow?

+1 Barrage enchant on fractal thoughts. (if you can afford it, otherwise just save it up)

already got the mask, but that one gives me less dps on the tooltip
The way I play now I am only getting 1 to 3 ex a day, so for me to get 40 ex for that helm seems to be somewhat impossible atm. Not sure what I can do to get more currency. I am currently running t15 maps juiced up with chisels and sextants and vaals.
How do you guys deal with strongboxes that freeze you? I don't see a flask or anything that prevents freeze? Sorry I haven't played since 3.1
"
Apolloco wrote:
How do you guys deal with strongboxes that freeze you? I don't see a flask or anything that prevents freeze? Sorry I haven't played since 3.1

you re-roll them so that they dont freeze you
Hello Guys.

How do you kill bosses and league bosses? Can't understand waht's problem with my build. Got troubles with fat mobs...
Saint-Petersburg. KUPCHINO!
"
How do you kill bosses and league bosses? Can't understand waht's problem with my build. Got troubles with fat mobs...
It's not problem with your build, it's problem with this guide... Try to use barrage for single target + try to use another amulet (something with critical multi, ele dmg etc.) it's also will allow you to use another ring (instead of +20 hp on hit one). This is not bad guide at all... It's just not tuned for 3.9 with fat bosses and just overkills all the trash with so many chains... (Also you can use your 6l bow for single target barrage, and 5l body for aoe,I don't think that aoe is problem for you...)
Last edited by Muscat on Jan 20, 2020, 1:03:26 AM
"
Muscat wrote:
"
It's not problem with your build, it's problem with this guide... Try to use barrage for single target + try to use another amulet (something with critical multi, ele dmg etc.) it's also will allow you to use another ring (instead of +20 hp on hit one). This is not bad guide at all... It's just not tuned for 3.9 with fat bosses and just overkills all the trash with so many chains... (Also you can use your 6l bow for single target barrage, and 5l body for aoe,I don't think that aoe is problem for you...)

Hello. Thx for advice. I'll try to do it.
Saint-Petersburg. KUPCHINO!
I still wish to thank YAAB Synix for the build and his efforts despite the mixed feelings on how people have experienced the build. A topic for another time but perhaps in the ranger forums there should have been an established notion that while extremely rewarding, it is an absolutely brutal start to a league.

Now to try and help out some players here: are you prepared to invest the time and patience for 50-100ex? Not going to shroud people's eyes on this - if you want to go full force at endgame it will require this magnitude of currency.

Refer to Poe.ninja builds (deadeye->barrage) and take a look at the players on the top and what they're running. Obviously don't put too much emphasis on the builds using Headhunter.

They're expensive to follow/copy but as always a compromise can be made: instead of going for the Fractal thoughts with barrage +projectile (30-40ex), you could opt for the Barrage 40% enchant on it for 4-5ex, same compromises can be made for voidfletcher, hyrri's ire, watcher's eyes etc.

Just remember to place a lot of emphasis on barrage as your main skill, if you have only one 5link or 6L put your best support gems with barrage in there. You can acquire a 5L easily on Opus if you buy the non-linked bow outright, then use the prophecy "jeweller's touch" which is around 5c to use a jeweller's orb on it. An actual 5L opus may also be around the same price.

For any of those interested in taking elements or following entirely on a top player's build: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/DaitePofarmit/EsseExileMetamorph?i=0&search=class%3DDeadeye%26skill%3DBarrage

They don't use headhunter but it's still potentially very expensive. Be prepared for that, as stated. But it is absolutely worth to be at this level of gearing for endgame - it feels great. Feel free to use whatever sources inside or outside poe.ninja to make your own builds work guys, good luck
Last edited by gawddawg on Jan 20, 2020, 10:54:13 AM
What exactly is the point of Gloomfang in this build? If i understand it right, it only gives bonus damage after the projectile has chained, which is not going to help against bosses (since most of the time they will be the only ones left, so no chains) and even contradicts the "ricochet" passive, which has the exact opposite requirement (for projectiles to hit before any chain happens). Do we only take it for the +1 chain?
"
gawddawg wrote:
Now to try and help out some players here: are you prepared to invest the time and patience for 50-100ex? Not going to shroud people's eyes on this - if you want to go full force at endgame it will require this magnitude of currency.
Your whole post is right, you only forgot to add: typical bow build deadeye is squishy with small life pool. If you can't afford good enough gear to obliterate everything around you, you will die a lot. You rely on evasion / dodge and sidestepping dangerous abilities with high movespeed thanks to tailwind, but if that fails, you will probably be 1-shot. If it doesn't 1-shot you, you can leech it back, but many typical deadeye builds end up with 3,5-4,5k life which easily places them in 1-shot territory on high maps and bosses.

Bow builds (typical crit-oriented ones) were always expensive, always squishy, excel at fast clear, but make poor league starters. It's even more so this league when bosses and red maps were buffed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info