What We're Working On

Eh, don't really care, having a couple days or not is fine by me, not like I'll have any needs to play at the last day of league when I'm all done in 1 or 2 weeks from now on
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
FIX THE DAMN STANDARD MAP TAB ISSUES BEFORE YOU ISSUE A NEW CRAP LEAGUE.

+1 Need a ffs fix on that!!
separate betrayal encounters to reduce syndicate lag, we don't need to have all of them in the same map. as a player with kind of an old rig, almost all of my recent deaths are because of betrayal lag.

don't rework the passive tree to make melee viable, the tree is fine. just give melee skills and ascendancies more utility, it's pointless to play melee/physical builds as they are right now because the clear speed sucks and they're not tanky.

for example, why does tectonic slam use an endurance charge for a stronger slam? i need those goddamn charges to survive, its my only defense mechanism if i'm a juggernaut. just rework it to not spend any endurance charge but be more likely to use a charged slam in proportion to the amount of endurance charges i have. 20% base chance for a charged slam, 2% increase per endurance charge. or allow it to receive a 2% bonus for any kind of charge for the sake of diversity while you're at it, why not? reduce its damage a little bit and it'll be perfectly viable. any skill can be viable with small touches and this is the biggest problem with melee, skills like lacerate are neither strong nor interesting.

casters can get a huge dps boost with multimodded items but the same isn't really true for physical damage users. we have to convert it to something and then get something like added elemental as chaos to be able to deal some damage. or do it like I did with my oni-goroshi jugg, have 5 million dps but get one shot by literally everything in the game... the way ES works heavily outclasses armor and life because of multimodded/synthesised items, take a look at this first.

the last but not the least, don't add synthesis garbage to the core. keep memory fragments as occasional encounters, they're fine but overhaul it and find a new use for them, we don't really need the memory nexus and synthesised items. fragments could be used for a completely different, an actually enjoyable purpose. if you insist on keeping the nexus, i'd do this:

- make the nexus smaller than it is, it won't be boring if it's more "casual".

- increase memory fragment charge count, decrease decay speed, make fragments bigger. if fragments are bigger and the nexus is smaller, it'll roughly take the same amount of time to do the whole thing but there'll be less time spent on doing useless shit.

- in my opinion synthesised items have no place in PoE but if they have to exist, make them weaker and less complicated. how many people playing this league know how to get onslaught implicit on boots? why do we have to use third party tools to understand how the whole thing works? even if everyone knows how to craft stuff via synthesiser, power creep factor hurts the game. why do majority of unique items have to be completely useless?

- make it possible to manipulate existing memory fragments by using currency. rotate, increase area level, increase quality, remove a mod from it etc.

- add unique/special memory fragments with only one charge to the memory fragment pool to provide a more exciting experience. this could be used to deliver memory modifiers/boss encounters/chests, it might be better than fixed distant memories for a smaller nexus.
Last edited by auspexa on Apr 8, 2019, 8:25:39 PM
"
but can confirm that there is a significant balance focus on Melee and a League of a simpler scope than the last few. Our internal playtest version of the new league is much further along than leagues normally are at this point in the development cycle. We're hoping it'll be a new fan-favourite.

You have to admit, time and time again GGG eventually always listen to the loud feedback.

Literally all I've wanted was a simple league. Thank you so much, GGG.
I think that it would be great if the league went up until the new one launched! Yes pls GGG.
I like having few days to get back to standard and sort my inventory, upgrade my old chars etc
i hope the bugs and performance problems are fixed before that 1 month event
I mostly play leagues, but its nice having several days where everyone is in Standard and you can actually Trade with others to gear your old characters up (i.e. its much easier to trade in Standard during this few day window than any other time).

Thus, not really a fan of having current league run directly into new one.
Let me make things easier for you, end this shit league now
You guys seem to be coming out with these 'What we're working on' posts more often nowadays than I ever remember (and by 'nowadays' I'm not referring to just this league, but the last half a year or so). They didn't used to be this common, and when they did come out, it was about longer term plans than just the next couple weeks. I dunno, but it feels like GGG is a lot more nervous about its community than it used to be. The optimistic view of that is they're more responsive and receptive to the community pulse. But the pessimistic view of it is that they're unnerved and less sure of their own visions for the game as they once were...and have less faith in their playerbase. :/

As for the question, the current 'few days off' is good. It enables players to properly clean and settle their stashes in Standard post-merge, as well as enables Standard players to access the newly dumped league-specific gear during a time when everyone who's playing is playing on Standard (instead of having to beg them to switch leagues to trade). Merging during new league launch will result in worse dumps into Standard stashes than at present, as well as not let Standard players get their hands on any cool new toys without having to undergo the usual pain they must go through for the next three months after launch anyway.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 8, 2019, 7:26:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info