3.6.3b Patch Notes

"
vio wrote:

Oh look, the fanbois are out in force today. There is no excuse for there being bugs and lags and crashes in ANY game

[ ] This user understands the complexity of software development
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Apr 4, 2019, 2:01:41 AM
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Oh look, the fanbois are out in force today. There is no excuse for there being bugs and lags and crashes in ANY game

[ ] This user understands the complexity of software development

i agree but it wan't me posting that.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
im a fan of a fresh start to a league but the Synthesis content is neither fun or rewarding.

Fun is debateable but I got quite a bunch of good stuff out of the memories. 2 or 3 Exa from random maps and just yesterday one Chayula's Breachstone dropped from one of the chests of a breach items distant memory...
"
Jaylock24 wrote:
And also it can be argued to play this game with any sort of efficiency, you must spend real $$$ on currency tabs and stash space.

There's nothing to argue. You don't have to spend money to play this game so it is free to play.
Hoarding problem is a personal issue. You don't need to keep as many things as you think.
"
Drakaris wrote:

It's completely pointless since both mechanics have absolutely nothing in common.

You still dont get it.
it dont matter if darkness or decay are simmilar, what matter is they are a integral part in the leagues mechanic and flawor.

You cant remove Darkness from delve without completly changing it
and its the same with decay, its the point of the league.

"
Drakaris wrote:

Um, yes it is. I'm not the first person to report it and there are numerous gifs and videos even on reddit literally showing this.

most videos i have seen ither leave out inportant information only showing the end result or clearly show they dissregarding the signs in the start just rushing out and instantly fail.

i can only remember one video that actualy show an issue, and i have experience the same thing myself, but if it happen once in a blue moon it not the end of the world. but its just like in bestiary where a witch hunt starts over a minor thing compiled by personal errors.

"
Drakaris wrote:

Really? Then I suppose that currently the 21k people who are still playing barely 3 weeks in the league compared to 111,000 in the beginning is just because suddenly 80% of the player base got bored? Gee, I wonder if this league is completely busted or that "we just don't get it and we're missing something and something-something puzzle".

Yea, I can understand fanboism. Believe me, I am one, this is why I am so critical of the current situation. But there is a limit even to fanboism and I have reached mine.

You do know that the player base have barly droped since the Rework/fix patch right?

and it around 35-40k on just steam not 21, Sure thats about 2 week befor the curve from previus leagues but with the rocky start and mass exudus its not entierly unexspected
idk what to say .. 4 weeks and this? Seriously?

When you started this game you took great lengths to copy the gamerhythm that the d1/d2 makers so carefully developed. You did a good job at it, that's why you're still here.

Now let's look at what we have now: 6 maps and my synthesis stash is full again. So I should go and run some Nexus. That'll be 1 1/2 -2 hours in Nexus (clearing all enemies).

Next thing after 3 more maps it's Incursion. About 30 mins Temple. 1 more map - oh delve is full. Up to 1 1/2 hours of delve.

2 more maps and its Nexustime again.

Between that you have Betrayal.

So, whats left of that carefully designed rhythm? Basically nothing: to keep within the rhythm analogy: you nowadays throw the whole band down a staircase .. and expect the result being fun somehow? The game feels pretty overstuffed, some activities take longer than the main endgame.

Suggestion: Go back and look at the rhythm your game had and get it back on track.

Another thing on this synthesis league: I'm not a medium or something. So you can't expect me to guess, where you decide to let the goo creep in 1st.
As I see it (especialy looking at cases, where you get trapped at start under 5 seks) you let a map randomizer run AGAINST a goo randomizer.
This would take some careful testing to work. You didn't seem to have the time to do that.

Suggestion: get somehow rid of it, it's obviously broken by design.

On the gameplay of the Nexus: boring af, sry to say.
1) the same squaremaps over and over. You main game randomizes map including their outer shape (most maps not all). THAT is a fresh thing. I have no idea why you thought leaving that out would make a fresher experience. It doesn't.

2) move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen (endless repeat)
That what it feels to "build your very own dungeon". Same - same - same - same
I get it that you stuffed in so many ranged mobs to make the decay thingy challenging but it ends in: broken by design.
"
Cassedyz wrote:
On the gameplay of the Nexus: boring af, sry to say.
1) the same squaremaps over and over. You main game randomizes map including their outer shape (most maps not all). THAT is a fresh thing. I have no idea why you thought leaving that out would make a fresher experience. It doesn't.

2) move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen - move forward - get shot at from offscreen (endless repeat)
That what it feels to "build your very own dungeon". Same - same - same - same
I get it that you stuffed in so many ranged mobs to make the decay thingy challenging but it ends in: broken by design.

Maybe it would have been better to use the existing map-system to "build your dungeon" - potentially using that fragment/nexus editor like we currently have... but instead of having an actual "Nexus" of any kind (completely removing the Nexus world-space), you can "build your dungeon" in the editor up to a minimum requirement of some kind, then seal it into a physical map item that you can then use in the map device, just like any other map - and this way it can actually be ran as one big map-space that actually feels like a custom dungeon-memory map thingy (given that they give you a better variety of actual "pieces" to work from, not just "squares"). Then, you can collect more and more crazy-modded map fragments to use in the construction of weirder and crazier maps, that you can build and seal into your own wacky, custom map - with the corresponding map-bosses potentially being those "distant memories."

EDIT: One option could be that each time you complete a map fragment, a "blank" map item would drop after you exit (along with all the other loot) and that map could be fragmented (with fragmented stats, just like fragmented items) - then you can just the synthesizer to construct a map with your custom map design based on the editor AND map mods based on the synthesis of the fragmented map stats that you used to "construct" the map. This would allow them to slightly randomize and "gate" the process a bit behind some RNG to match the rest of the game.
Last edited by SpeedyParticles on Apr 4, 2019, 8:40:41 AM
"
(...) then you can just the synthesizer to construct a map with your custom map design based on the editor AND map mods based on the synthesis of the fragmented map stats that you used to "construct" the map. This would allow them to slightly randomize and "gate" the process a bit behind some RNG to match the rest of the game.

Then the most professional players, playing at least 23h/d, having no less than 100 Quad Stash Tabs, will be able to collect all required ingredients to create a map where they could have a 20 minutes fun. There will need to be also an option to submit at the league end our PHD dissertations in the matter of a proper items and maps synthesising. Good idea. Everybody can do that. Easy.
Nice, finally some more bugfixes. Would like to see more announcements like this. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Quxer wrote:
"
rugalb666 wrote:
"
Quxer wrote:
A lot of people are so vocal about intervention lag. I think I'm so lucky to be in minority without that problem. I use steam client and I decided to redownload package file. As was stated in other threads it gets messy with time after many patches. Since that and patch with fix (I think some hotfix to 3.6.2 patch) I have no problems with intervention.

Could you please elaborate on that?
Did you desinstall and reinstall the game?

I just remove file and check cohesion of files through steam. My file was so big, had I think 3-4 GB more than my friends.

I need to state, that I have game installed on SSD, but steam client is on normal HDD. I play on updated win 10 with graphics:
- disabled vsync (I think, that cause my fps drop to 30 sometimes)
- disabled antialiasing
- enabled lightining and shadows
- low sun shadow and lights
- enabled postprocessing (I think it adds about 20 fps for me - stable 75-80)
- high water, textures with trilinear filtering
- no dynamic resolution
- enabled multithreading
- windowed full screen mode

Asus laptop with geforce gtx 1060 and 16gb ram and intel core i7-7700HQ. I'm using 64 bit client on steam. I just sometimes get dc cause of steam. Very rarely cause of game lag (mostly restart from my adsl at night). And to add to that I am using laptop and 2 extra monitors while I'm playing.

Thanks for the detailled answer, I made a clean reinstall after some defragmentation, now intervention is playable (still a bit of drop in fps but nothing dangerous)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info