Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.6.3b Patch Notes

"
TG_Thunder wrote:
i dont know why people complaining about many things its a free to play game and there is many way to play it choose your play method and start with it and have fun instead of complaining. yes your valuable opinion will help the developer improve a lot more but negativity will bring nothing good it will make things worse.
(...)
god bless u all.

Path of Exile is not a game created by few nice amateur guys in the backyard garage, which are doing us a favour that we can play their game for free. This game is a BUSINES worth far than 100 mln. $$$. We are the clients and we deserve respect. GGG will bring to Tencent at lest 50 mln. $ of pure income every year (typically corporations do not invest money, if pay-back is longer than 2 years and Tencent has spent 100mln.$ to buy 80% of shares). At this moment a game development seems to be focused only on MTX not on the game itself.
Last edited by Mark___75 on Apr 5, 2019, 5:32:20 AM
Since 3.6.3B the game is basically not playable for me anymore. The FPS drops are insane whenever im fighting some bigger mob groups. I have stable 200 fps in my HO, which goes down to 40 FPS when fighting! Anybody else has this issue since the new Patch? Before the patch everything was fine.
Im using an AMD R9 390 btw.
"
Fixed a bug where the "No Physical Damage" modifier didn't prevent Physical Damage on the item if Quality exceeded 20%.

Fucking RIP. That was cool to get phys Damage on e.g. a Piscators and get to benefit from Deadeyes Rupture (and other Bleed related Stuff I guess).

It was fun, interesting and maaaaybe Build enabling.

It took me longer than I want to admit to get Hillock into Transportation. Now I either gotta waste an Affix on an Abyss Jewel for Phys Damage, or build around a Multimodded Shaper Wand.

Unlucky
Mind adding the size of the patch? Every patch? I may have a limited data but at least I/we know how large or small it is. Cheers!
I am not mad if you are slow with updates of basic mechanics (like for example not being able to go back to start node on reward islands that got fixed and is now ok) of the league because i don't really care about having all challenges i want first week, i understand its a complex system and you need data to get it done properly. Its fine.

I don't like what you did with challenges for the last couple of the leagues and to be honest it works the opposite way for me and my friends (you put more extremely grindy and rng challenges, less based on skill, it shuns me away from doing them and as a result the game and spending money on it, my friends don't even bother, this is the first league ever with my friendlist being empty)

The main problem for me is false advertising of this league that led me to pick something i probably shouldn't to have fun with these leagues content.

You have branded synthesis as the self casting league. You have buffed a lot of spells so i kinda fell for it.. I did a self casting freezing pulse scion this league. Its solely my build i tweaked a lot of it, having a lot of fun while doing so and it feels wonderful in maps as of now (around t7-9 maps), but it has a lot of problems with this leagues content (only this, betrayal, delve, temple, breach, beasts all go smoothly - just synthesis feels bad).

As a friendly reminder:
- self casters are ranged characters that usually sacrifice some of their toughness to deal more damage in large areas. They fair well in controlled environments and they do really shytty when there is a lot of cluster shytstorm offscreen damage and super fast high damage-ing and stunning mobs.
- Their main defense is positioning and being outside of harms way, they rely mostly on dodge, evade, they have usually not much "hp" recovery. They do really good in open areas and they do terrible in really small ones.
- Self casting as opposed to totems, traps, RF-type/WinterOrb builds have to stop and position to deal damage. They do not have autoaim ability. Timed events are usually their weakness.

Now lets put this "archtype" in this league. Main thing about it is decay, which is pure time gating (and its done in a bad way imo - why when i click a stabliser i destabilise the whole map?, its counter intuitive and feels like losing). Second thing is an incredible amount of really narrow, full of small rooms tilesets with extreme amounts of small debris, columns, trees, doors that hinders movement and bugs spells like .. freezing pulse.. because the projectiles can't go over them or near them (that's doors) and the mobs are either super fast (those "wheels" are probably fastest of them all in game) or shooting at you from offscreen (that mob that looks similar to the 24 challenges reward pet) with a lot of fireworks you can't really tell what is really the threat and what is just benign fireworks. It is actually the worst possible leagues content for selfcasting from basically all that you created. I will probably be able to do Uber Elder at some point i hope but i think i might not be able to do memories in t15+ maps.

My experience with this leagues content can be summarized with one sentence "Running 100000 Cells maps on a timer". Which is kinda something that could be a sentence for a really nasty crime. The rewards are great but the basic lopp of the game feels bad, too much to do, too much brainwork compared to killing work. The direction is not working great.

On the funny side note, i have a small favour for you @Bex ;P. Could you send the below message to the right GGG employee:
"Dear Soulmate,
after this league i am now sure i found the perfect half of the orange in this world for me. You. I don't care how you look, or if you are a man or a women i love the most important thing about You, your pure black heart just like mine. A little about me so you know i am the right person for You. I am the man that when he sees a man driving a car with his wife in labour, he chooses the right moment to cross the street so the lights turn red for them. I am the man that makes that little arm poke to that kid that almost recovered its falling icecream, that is now on the ground. I am all of this and more, but i am still nothing compared to You.
You are the One, the Only, the Best of Us. You created the Cells maps, i am sure of it, from that point i am closely watching your little creations. You made its every door there that is a bit not in the right place, you are the one responsible for all those little hops and debris that you can't jump through, those little wonderful columns that your character is always stuck on and doesn't know if to go left or right. I see your work and i am in love.
I understand that they gave you this leagues content to do. You did marvelous. I love those triple trees with mobs inside that are on so many layouts. The mobs stuck in there so wonderfully and it is so glorifying hard to kill them there, it just tickles the right feeling. And the dread thicket tileset on reward nodes. I could go on for hours, but i want to share it with you directly. I can't say how much i appreciate everything about your work. It gives me the same feeling like when i switched of the prompt to "save on exit" and put the mouse on the close application X marker so when my coworker came back and moved&clicked on the screensaver (lost only 3 hours of his work :/, they sometimes know how to defend themsleves).. That feeling right there.. i know that you know and feel the same.
I know you must be now already a head of some division in GGG team, at least you are everywhere now in the game. It feels so good to find your work all over the place.
Be sure to message me on one of my emails letthewolrdburn@hotmail.com, howtomakepeoplecommitsuicide@yourfriendlypsychiatrist.ru.

I am awaiting your reply
Fellow Pure Evil"
Last edited by Anduvriel on Apr 5, 2019, 11:07:50 AM
Nice that collecting items when getting close to exits in decaying memories got fixed, lost some items there. It would be even better if you fixed that massive FPS drops when betrayal arrives, 1 betrayal intervention = 1 death more. I don't have the best PC but last league I didn't have that issue. Also decay mechanic needs improvements. It should not be able to spawn directly under player and shouldn't swallow exits in 5 seconds after starting decaying.
i just hope synthesis never gets added to the core game its a very bad experience for me overall
"
Anduvriel wrote:

You have branded synthesis as the self casting league. You have buffed a lot of spells so i kinda fell for it.. I did a self casting freezing pulse scion this league. Its solely my build i tweaked a lot of it, having a lot of fun while doing so and it feels wonderful in maps as of now (around t7-9 maps), but it has a lot of problems with this leagues content (only this, betrayal, delve, temple, breach, beasts all go smoothly - just synthesis feels bad).

As a friendly reminder:
- self casters are ranged characters that usually sacrifice some of their toughness to deal more damage in large areas. They fair well in controlled environments and they do really shytty when there is a lot of cluster shytstorm offscreen damage and super fast high damage-ing and stunning mobs.
- Their main defense is positioning and being outside of harms way, they rely mostly on dodge, evade, they have usually not much "hp" recovery. They do really good in open areas and they do terrible in really small ones.
- Self casting as opposed to totems, traps, RF-type/WinterOrb builds have to stop and position to deal damage. They do not have autoaim ability. Timed events are usually their weakness.

Now lets put this "archtype" in this league. Main thing about it is decay, which is pure time gating (and its done in a bad way imo - why when i click a stabliser i destabilise the whole map?, its counter intuitive and feels like losing). Second thing is an incredible amount of really narrow, full of small rooms tilesets with extreme amounts of small debris, columns, trees, doors that hinders movement and bugs spells like .. freezing pulse.. because the projectiles can't go over them or near them (that's doors) and the mobs are either super fast (those "wheels" are probably fastest of them all in game) or shooting at you from offscreen (that mob that looks similar to the 24 challenges reward pet) with a lot of fireworks you can't really tell what is really the threat and what is just benign fireworks. It is actually the worst possible leagues content for selfcasting from basically all that you created. I will probably be able to do Uber Elder at some point i hope but i think i might not be able to do memories in t15+ maps.

I am glad to see I am not the only one to be puzzled by the choice of league mechanics that completely go against self casting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info