Update about Synthesis League Changes

REMOVE DECAY, no in game mechanic should dictate the pace at which the player chooses to play the game!

The "Speed Meta" is already the worst aspect of this game, and Decay doesn't just encourage it, it forces it!
Last edited by FlayerX on Mar 21, 2019, 11:55:16 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Upon approaching the Reward Chests in a Distant Memory, you will now be informed that you have found the rewards with a pop-up.

WHY? I this really necessary?? Do you think somebody can somehow miss an area full of chests and memory stabilizers that's also marked on the map?

I would rather not have any new pop-ups. You STILL haven't done anything about that huge annoying prophecy completion pop-up (a.k.a the Purple Cancer) in almost 3 years. Please don't add another pop-up for no reason.

This... we have enough screen clutter and we might well be trying to fight things when this comes up on screen, at which point guess we can't see whatever is under that pop up! Please make sure it is not annoying and is out of the way enough to not interrupt actual gameplay.

Or... put a lovely option in that allows us to turn it off in notifications. Allow us to choose.
"
Otorez wrote:
Cool changes.

I know it isn't the best place to ask but : to get a 3 implicit synthetised items, is it totally random or you need special requirements ?

The 3 implicit fractured items come off the boss encounters and rarely at that. I've had 2 drop total in ~30.

Then to guarantee a 3 implicit you need 3 items with 3 fractured mods.
Then if you actually want to craft something good you have to look for, and probably trade for, the items with relevant mods to create the correct implicits. Otherwise its just a kinda fancy vaal orb.
Noice!
not to be that guy but my entire guild quit the league already and i will likely be doing the same... too little too late
HC // BEYOND
IGN: eatgrapes_naima
Thank you GGG, and well done.

Seeing a lot of negativity with nonsense such as "too little, too late"

I am in absolute disagreement. Appreciate the effort and the changes appear to be very interesting!

The main problem I faced for decaying memories is that I often wander into paths that I thought were opened but were actually dead ends or had decayed, only to end up with no place to return because decay had also caught up. This may have been all right if I had explored half the memory in the wrong way and ended up with nothing due to slow, steady decay. Most of the time, it occurred at the initial exploration within less than 10 or 15 seconds and is worse in memories with rooms or features that further restrict movement. In decaying memories (paths), we may know the direction to go but may often get stuck because of this reason, making our planning moot and having to find another fitting piece again. In distant memories, chests positions are usually unknown, at least for me, but as mentioned, I think it is all right if I get to explore most of it before losing as long as it is not as soon as I have started it. Hopefully, the changes such as being able to shift placed memories will help to alleviate this and make memories more enjoyable. For now, it has often been: happily plan a route, run memories, get stuck on the first or second decaying memory, NVM BACK TO MAP :(

Secondly, may we have a keybind or button somewhere to access syndicate investigation board please? It is possible to forget that a safehouse has been unlocked because we might want to clear certain map objectives or spend up sulphite that is filling up first for example. While the same is possible for Temple of Atzoatl, the temple does not reset until you open it but safehouses do. The exclamation alert above Alva and Jun to inform you of completed temple/safehouses will disappear after talking to them once and is not very helpful if you happen to unveil forgotten items in hideout. Thanks!
Agree with all the sensible posts about, its to little to late.

According to steam that makes about 60% that have already left lol, but what do you expect when you keep releasing untested, sub standard alpha modes and need to players to QA to bring it up to beta.

** This 3 month release cycle just isn't working.
** This make achievements harder in a vain attempt to FORCE player retention just isn't working.
** Standard map tab still isn't fixed

I am just glad I held off buying a supporter packs.
I have not done a lot yet but I very much enjoy the Synthesis content. I think it is a sleeper like, the most underrated league ever, Talisman.
Last edited by Dezus on Mar 22, 2019, 12:53:02 AM
Very bad thing is the decay - speed of an placed memory. If there is a "1" its luteraly unplayable and you have to run to your destination or be damned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info