(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

I dont get it what is happening here, like the one who chose just to vent instead of asking for help i seem to have problem with elder guardians, and to be honest, with the gear im wearing i shouldnt have any problem with any boss up to sirus, anything beyond might be a stretch, as im lacking some levels right now.

First things first, the things i know im missing from the "BiS":

quality on a lot of untility and offensive gems, main support gems and TR are fine for the most part, but for example my totems have no quality. (which shouldnt be my main issue)

-9 chaos res helmet

despair on hit ring (currently hard casting it, feels fine for the most part and will be likely my next upgrade)

levels, currently level 87, and using the 2 cluster thread setup, but the only thing im missing really is the elusive notes, some ES and one jewel socket.(the problem is so substantial that i highly doubt that a few levels will give me enough to fix it)

a "clear setup" in my offhand, currently im using TR for clearing and for bossing, i tried anomalous conc gem-swap as is written here and it felt horrible for fast bosses, such as the elder guardians.

onslaught abyss jewel, but as clear speed is not even close to being an issue, i neglected that in favor of getting some strength AS and life for cheap

currently trying out bloodrage as my bow is missing the AS suffix, but then sustain is kind of an issue.

defenses are really good against bosses i can kill realisticly without dying, even if it takes longer, like minotaur, but eradicator (or whatever the fire dude is called) takes so long to phase that im out of flasks every time and just die to an ignite i get (i know i could and should be ailment immune soon, but thats not the point)

i really hope someone can help me.

Last edited by Zambajazz on May 9, 2021, 10:43:34 AM
@VIK

My mana is and was fine at the time. i am using lvl 8 clarity right now and have 88 mana, it restores itself pretty much instantly with lvl 3 enlighten supporting flesh/malev/disc (although i still cannot use all three at the same time and have enough mana to attack with TR.) before that I was using a enduring mana flask. I failed the chimera when i was using the mana flask also without any use of clarity at the time.

the main issue i am having is that with TR I can't seem to damage bosses fast enough when they like to move around. I think you are right about it just not being a great boss killer, but feel like there might be something I am doing wrong still. In my experience it seems that when standing still TR can do good damage, but you're not invincible while standing there even being at ~9k evasion (~24k with flasks) still you take damage from bosses. Maybe Raider/Deadeye is better for TR? Idk.

bosses downed/attempted so far with this setup roughly 10 ex so far:
Chimera 0/1 lv. 82-83
Hydra 1/1 lv. 82-83
constrictor 2/2 lv. 82-83
Purifier 1/1 lv. 82-83
eradicator 1/2 lv. 82-83
elder 1/1 lv. 82-83
AL5 all conquerors done
Sirus al5 0/1 lv 82-83
Vaal delve boss 1/1 lv. 75-77
katarina 2/2
All al5 or below

bosses downed/attempted using ~90 ex cyclone build last league:
AL5 all no problems
AL6 all no problems
AL7 all no problems
AL8 all but Sirus no problems
AL9 all but Sirus no problems

Oh, and I bought the large cluster after the fight against eradicator when I decided to rework my tree to see what the dmg difference would be, I do not have any mediums yet. Now I reset my tree now to what it looked like during the times i failed. Also I took your advice about the 2 dex nodes.
Last edited by barbakle on May 9, 2021, 10:32:20 PM
i fixed my damage, i overhauled the passive tree completly, lost a little bit of ES and did get a damn lot of damage, i cant explain in detail why, but it works. the passive tree of this guide really needs an update imo
"
barbakle wrote:
In my experience it seems that when standing still TR can do good damage, but you're not invincible while standing there even being at ~9k evasion (~24k with flasks) still you take damage from bosses.
Yeah, you can't just facetank and keep shooting. This problem affects a lot of builds both caster and melee where your POB dps is completely different from realistic uptime you have on the boss. There are very few builds that don't have to stop dpsing while dodging boss abilities, and these are probably most forgiving to learn boss abilities and patters (something like minion builds, storm brand, vortex, bane).

"
barbakle wrote:
Maybe Raider/Deadeye is better for TR? Idk.
I think so, mostly because trickster can't get good amount of life and is forced to compensate with energy shield as a buffer, and scaling it requires investment, for example since GGG nerfed flesh&stone to 35% reservation from 25%, getting that, malevolence and discipline requires investment in mana reservation reduction. You also probably want a well crafted rare chest with high evasion / 10% of life as energy shield crafted. Maybe glorious vanity w/ Doryani would also help.

Trickster also gets increased duration to skills, but that won't help your dps if the boss moves out before your TR expires. Deadeye has 3x mirage archers which can keep shooting even as you move. Raider has really high attack speed and free dodge.

Raider atm is very good for defense, you get so much evasion and dodge all you need to do is ensure you don't get 1 shot when you get hit (using things like divine flesh to be more tanky against elemental damage and aspect of the crab against physical damage).

Deadeye is more complex to keep your defenses up, but since rework you have 2 defensives to help: wind ward that stacks with wind dancer and kintsugi, so you shouldn't get insta 1-shot, but you need to attack very fast to keep wind ward up, and focal point which requires you to get +1 curse and use a mark as a defensive.

Personally I only player Pathfinder and Raider, I never played Trickster version or Deadeye so all I can judge is how it looks on paper or from videos. Pathfinder atm I feel is too weak defensively for late game without crazy investment (stuff like phys taken as elemental + transcendence) and the damage gain is not that great since the aoe interaction got changed.

I think Occultist is very good for damage (passive wither, double curse, profane bloom), you can play things like Death's Oath with TR or CA, but defensively again I don't think it provides much, it would be pure glass cannon.

Anyway you can't compare 10ex build to a 90ex build, ofc 90ex should be able to do much more damage esp. on a skill that scales well (crit, impale). Toxic rain is a cheap league starter but not really a build I'd throw endless currency at because it's much harder to scale than crit builds. It's OK for bosses like conquerors where you can pre-place pods while they're doing their speech, and they don't have phases. For bosses that constantly move and / or have phases it's fairly annoying. But these are annoying for a lot of other builds, a friend of mine played archmage arc and it was also 90% dodging 10% dpsing on Sirus.

You can make a facetank build but these are usually very expensive (something like steel skills with high leech / life on hit and high fortify, aura stackers with very high resists and regen, transcendence builds that also cover phys weakness, high regen inquisitors, life on ignite builds with high enough life pool).

"
the passive tree of this guide really needs an update imo
Can't do much about that, I don't think the author plays this league overall.

What did you change btw? Just added clusters?
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
the passive tree of this guide really needs an update imo
Can't do much about that, I don't think the author plays this league overall.

What did you change btw? Just added clusters?

clusters are similar to the setup in the guide, but im using the jewel note near acro for one cluster (also full on acro + phase acro), dropped most of the tree north of the shadow starting point, second cluster is near point blank. went form there up to the scion starting point and im using a very large thread there to grab the 3 skill effect duration notes, Harrier and Profane Chemistry, also grabbed constitution, because why not, im near there already.
Im still using Revenge of the Hunted and Method to the Madness.

ive dropped some not so usefull support gems, dont remember which ones and im using vaal haste and blood rage now.

got a dying sun and want to upgrade to the +1 arrow TR enchant next, im still hardcasting despair, which kinda sucks, but its w/e

im always using anomalous conc effect now and have maloneys mechanism with arow-nova caustic arrow and frenzy slotted into it for clear and frenzy charges (frenzy will be dropped in favour of culling strike while im playing raider)

Ive also decided to drop trickster altogether and go for raider for now, and im thinking on trying Pathfinder for near 100% flask uptime while bossing, but i dont know if the 30% aoe note in pathfinder will reduce my damage.

if i got the levels on my raider ill be dropping Exceptional performance as an annointment in favour of corruption probably

so in essence, a lot more skill effect duration, attack speed, some life and all i lost is ES (i also love maloneys mechanism even though the higher mana cost kinda sucks)

Edit: ive also got the fealing that PoB (even the community fork) doesnt calc skill effect duration properly

Edit 2: also cant decide which ascendancy points to take on raider, all of them seem to be so good. ill also go for divine flesh later on, because im already chaos res capped and want to be stupid tanky

Edit 3: i seem to have done more then i thought initially, im using anomalous withering step now with enhance support on left click just for some "passive" wither stacks while my totems are down
Last edited by Zambajazz on May 10, 2021, 5:22:41 AM
"
got a dying sun and want to upgrade to the +1 arrow TR enchant next,
"
im thinking on trying Pathfinder for near 100% flask uptime while bossing, but i dont know if the 30% aoe note in pathfinder will reduce my damage.

According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtD_bygrZ0 the current state of TR is extra aoe is damage neutral (doesn't increase or lower it) but extra arrows DO lower your damage.

So basically:
extra aoe = helps clear, doesn't lower boss dmg,
extra arrows = helps clear, lowers doss dmg.

In the light of this I would not bother with extra arrow enchant, extra arrow on bow / quiver, alt qual tr for extra arrows, basically all of that is waste of money.

Dying sun is ok because you can just swap it to a different flask for bosses, and keep the +2 arrows for mapping.

"
Edit: ive also got the fealing that PoB (even the community fork) doesnt calc skill effect duration properly
You can check Remi's TR deadeye in the ranger section, he has some TR calculator spreadsheet which I think is fairly up to date.

"
Edit 2: also cant decide which ascendancy points to take on raider, all of them seem to be so good.
Nah, frenzy branch is quite weak. You can generate frenzy charges with blood rage or having a chest or glove mod if I remember correctly, also if you do the "thread of hope at scion" thing you can pick overcharged that gives you charges during mapping just not on bosses. The bonuses this branch provides outside of frenzy generation aren't that great.

Basically, you want to pick onslaught and phasing branches for nearly every raider build.

Onslaught gives a lot of movement speed and attack speed, which is great for TR. I saw someone doing calculations that extra effectiveness of onslaught you gain are making you faster than full tailwind stacked deadeye. You won't have the 3 mirages, but you get 35% evasion for free (and it's 35% MORE not 35% increased which is a big difference). With that and jade flask you get easily 80%+ chance to evade even if you wear a tabula. If you want to have 95% evasion (cap) you need around 7k evasion on gear, which is doable.

Phasing branch is amazing for 3 reasons:
1. Perma phasing, duh - lifesaver in ultimatums, delve, heist.
2. Ailment immunity - great QoL, saves you 3 affixes on gear and anoint / cluster other classes have to use to be ailment immune. You can also completely ignore bullshit like "every enemy hit ignites" map mod or shocking ground. I used to play PF that has ailment immunity "during a flask" and this is 1 step up, it's completely passive no action needed.
3. 15% dodge of both kinds - remember the times when trickster had 20% spell dodge and it was considered OP? it was nerfed to 10% then removed, meanwhile raider got buffed from 10% to 15%, it's great with with no witnesses, withering step or vaal grace you'll be close to dodge cap most of the time, tbh I'm worried this might get nerfed because raider is getting popular for multiple builds (bf/bb, ele hit, flicker)

Unfortunately exposure doesn't do much for TR contrary to let's say ele hit, but the enemy reduced accuracy still helps.

"
ill also go for divine flesh later on, because im already chaos res capped and want to be stupid tanky
I heard divine flesh with maven's chest (doppelganger's guise) is sleeper OP for tankyness, you do lose chest slot though (can't get fancy stuff like frenzy on hit / extra curse rare chest, or even use cherrubim's for 80% inc chaos dmg).
Last edited by Viktranka on May 10, 2021, 5:46:54 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:

So basically:
extra aoe = helps clear, doesn't lower boss dmg,
extra arrows = helps clear, lowers doss dmg.

thats quite interessting, so my boss damage will be even better when i just dont use dying sun, i changed so much and just asumed dying sun and +arrow would be the way to go.

"
Viktranka wrote:

Nah, frenzy branch is quite weak. You can generate frenzy charges with blood rage or having a chest or glove mod if I remember correctly, also if you do the "thread of hope at scion" thing you can pick overcharged that gives you charges during mapping just not on bosses. The bonuses this branch provides outside of frenzy generation aren't that great.

yeah you are right actually, frenzy branch is likely only worth it if raider goes into frenzy stacking, which it cant really effectivly with TR. for now ill just be using Maloneys Mechanism with frenzy, CA arrow nova for frenzy generation. it really seems to be a good alternative quiver to the double dot multi quiver, asuming you cant generate frenzy any other way.

"
Viktranka wrote:

I heard divine flesh with maven's chest (doppelganger's guise) is sleeper OP for tankyness, you do lose chest slot though (can't get fancy stuff like frenzy on hit / extra curse rare chest, or even use cherrubim's for 80% inc chaos dmg).

huh i didnt think about that chest, frenzy isnt an issue and the +1 curse would also be fine, but losing a lot of life is tricky, i might need to switch to Vermillion rings if i really want to try that, but it sounds super op. do you know how the sane/insane mechanic works on that chest?

Edit: do you have any idea how i could offset the degen from blood rage? corruption will help with that but i dont know if its enough
Last edited by Zambajazz on May 10, 2021, 6:17:41 AM
"
do you know how the sane/insane mechanic works on that chest?
It's a toggle between 2 states, you're in sane stance by default and you want to keep at that, the other form only gives benefit of explosions, but it's not worth losing the defensive mechanisms, if you really want explosions you could use unspeakable gifts on a cluster or asenath's gentle touch.

"
do you have any idea how i could offset the degen from blood rage?
Life regen should be enough, just don't run no regen maps because it's annoying. Small cluster with surging vitality is nice to have.

Except that you can get regen on tree: 1.4-2.2% from growth and decay wheel, 0.5% from resourcefulness, 1% from heart of oak, you could also run low level vitality because tbh flesh&stone is not so great anymore to use after nerf, it's hard to fit in, it's better to use dread banner (reduces mob accuracy), aspect - crab or spider, and some source of blind like abyss jewel, silent steps, witchfire brew, etc., if you use maloney's I think it has a chance to blind too. Since TR attacks really fast with a lot of arrows even with 80% accuracy you should still blind fairly often.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
do you know how the sane/insane mechanic works on that chest?
It's a toggle between 2 states, you're in sane stance by default and you want to keep at that, the other form only gives benefit of explosions, but it's not worth losing the defensive mechanisms, if you really want explosions you could use unspeakable gifts on a cluster or asenath's gentle touch.

"
do you have any idea how i could offset the degen from blood rage?
Life regen should be enough, just don't run no regen maps because it's annoying. Small cluster with surging vitality is nice to have.

Except that you can get regen on tree: 1.4-2.2% from growth and decay wheel, 0.5% from resourcefulness, 1% from heart of oak, you could also run low level vitality because tbh flesh&stone is not so great anymore to use after nerf, it's hard to fit in, it's better to use dread banner (reduces mob accuracy), aspect - crab or spider, and some source of blind like abyss jewel, silent steps, witchfire brew, etc., if you use maloney's I think it has a chance to blind too. Since TR attacks really fast with a lot of arrows even with 80% accuracy you should still blind fairly often.

ill probably look at doppelgängers guise a little later into the league, but aspect of the crab sounds amazing ngl, ive always felt that aspect of the spider isnt worth that much without fenemus weave, but i completly forgot, that there are other aspects i could use. especially amazing for what im going for because phys damage reduction is what ill be lacking after switching to divine flesh without any phys do elemental damage taken conversion.

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it. i bought the celestial TR mtx and really got desperate after pumping 20-30 ex into the build and it just didnt function as it should
Why can't I find a single quiver with cdot multiplier with attack skills or damage over time multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info