(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Kojack37 wrote:
Started the league a few weeks late and decided to try toxic rain as I've read so much about it being a great league starter and people are correct.

However, I'm reaching the highest tiers of map and beginning to fight end game bosses, but I feel my damage isn't high enough. Don't have a lot of currency right now but trying to figure out what I can upgrade to get more damage. Wondering if people here can help. I've invested about 3 ex so far in the build. So I'm wondering what I can do to boost my damage even higher.

Now I know that my cluster jewel isn't great but 3 prop large clusters are just too rich for my blood. Also realize bow can be better, but I don't have much currency.

Hey, I am also rocking this build and my damage is insane. After looking at your gear it appears that your 6 link toxic rain setup contains "Vile toxins". This build does not poison thus it has no value if I am correct. Check the PoB's gem setup.

Another thing is that you are missing "curse enemies with despair on hit" for one of your rings. This will provide a lot of damage. The rest of your gear looks fine with regards to damage. Also check out the "Replica conqueror's efficiency" jewel which will allow your to replace a ring's mana mod for a cheap despair curse ring or you can keep both if you want.
(Witchfire curse is only cast as an aura so you need to be close)

Gem level 21 for toxic rain would also provide more damage.

Your body armour should rather have high es/eva which will scale with your ascendancy tree node "Escape artist". This will give you a lot more energy shield for defence.

(I can also craft all of the syndicate mods for you if you want, just message me ingame @Darkstar_PoisonX)

I might have missed some stuff, but hopefully those changes will help :)
@Darkstar_PoisonX,

You the man! Would not have caught the vile toxins mistake! Oh my I feel so stupid.

I will also hit you up for some crafting. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Just took out vile toxins for viscious proj and got a despiar on hit ring and dying sun.

The difference is immense!
Last edited by Kojack37 on May 7, 2021, 10:35:36 PM
"
Kojack37 wrote:
@Darkstar_PoisonX,

You the man! Would not have caught the vile toxins mistake! Oh my I feel so stupid.

Edit: Just took out vile toxins for viscious proj and got a despiar on hit ring and dying sun.

So now i have a enlighten lvl 4(5) and i got Sovereignty on my amulet but with all the auras and clarity lvl 1 i have 14 mana left :S thats not enough. What am i doing wrong?

edit: I bought a -discipline helmet and now it works.

I almost have my empower to lvl 3. Would that be an improivement to my current gem setup?

I did quality on my totems.

What else to do?

I still die super fast sometimes (ultimatum mostly) and i feel like i struggle a lot when i need AoE. Like in Blight for example. I build towers but still they just overwhelm me because i cant kill them fast enough
Last edited by zooky on May 8, 2021, 4:34:57 AM
"
zooky wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:
@Darkstar_PoisonX,

So now i have a enlighten lvl 4(5) and i got Sovereignty on my amulet but with all the auras and clarity lvl 1 i have 14 mana left :S thats not enough. What am i doing wrong?

edit: I bought a -discipline helmet and now it works.

I almost have my empower to lvl 3. Would that be an improivement to my current gem setup?

I did quality on my totems.

What else to do?

I still die super fast sometimes (ultimatum mostly) and i feel like i struggle a lot when i need AoE. Like in Blight for example. I build towers but still they just overwhelm me because i cant kill them fast enough

Hey, after looking at your character it is clear that you are focussing too much on getting mana reservation for flesh and stone. In my opinion just sell all those expensive items such as lvl 4 enlighten and the helmet with enchant to upgrade the rest of your gear. You can swap that helmet for a toxic rain damage enchant if you want.

Atm I am dominating juiced t16 content + awakener without flesh and stone :)
(I only die when I am not looking or by being afk in map)

After getting more currency upgrade your amulet for + dex/chaos gems, get a lvl 21 toxic rain (no need for quality), drop the witchfire flask to get despair curse on ring. This will open up another defense flask slot. Drop the basalt flask and select the ones mentioned in the POB link.

Maybe get another cluster jewel setup afterwards ! These are a MASSIVE damage boost. You can also get the "replica conquerors efficiency jewel in order to get a better ring or amulet.

Focus on a better es/eva chest, you do not need life here since we can craft "% life as extra ES"
(You can buy gravicious veiled items on PoE trade then unveil to get the craft yourself, this also applies to the Elreon veiled rings. I can craft it as well if I am online :) )

Having better damage will improve survivability which is why I mention ways to increase it.

-- I only use a single toxic rain setup so I can not comment on caustic arrow
Hey, guys! Can someone help me to upgrade my build? I linked all my items. I feel not enough damage to carry endgame bosses. I feel free at t14 maps, maybe even t16, but I can't kill shaper and sirus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. And I can't link my cluster jewels, cuz I dunno how to do this. Pls check it from my character profile. I want to apologize because of my English level. English is not even my second language. I will make mistakes. Thanks for help, exiles.

"
staaankey wrote:
Pls check it from my character profile.
Can't cuz characters are private, you need to unlock this.

Anyway your bow is a really bad base, you need a fast attack speed one like a thicket bow (1.5 speed).

You should also get a +3 bow asap, easiest way is fossil craft with jagged + corroded + metallic, bow needs to be lvl 64+

Your cwdt gem is really high but your immortal call is really low, why?

I don't think you need a witchfire brew since you have a despair on hit ring. Just use a jade flask or something. I would not have warding on life flask though, most curses keep being reapplied like map mods so you want it on a duration flask not instant one.

Anyway your gear doesn't look bad, I can't check stuff like life pool or clusters or jewels or resists since characters are blocked.

But tbh you should be able to kill bosses like shaper with this gear, so maybe it's a case of not knowing the fight / boss abilities? What's killing you? Are you doing shaper with maven enabled or without?
I failed chimera. i never died to shaper guardians before this sucks. this build sucks on bosses that move around a lot so if you plan on playing this prepare to die to guardians/any boss that moves around. here is my gear. would not recommend.

edit: omfg i hate this build. I spent 5 fucking days of game time on it and i just failed eradicator. i HAVE ALSO FAILED EVERY SINGLE BLIGHTED MAP SO FAR WITH THE "BEST IN SLOT BOW" EQUIPPED. it's a terrible boss killer. it is also not durable at all, you die all the time because you have no regen of any kind and you are definitely not "invincible" at any point whatsoever. My pathfinder who used scourge arrow/toxic rain last league was better than this and it was built around lacking damage and being more tanky unlike this build.

Last edited by barbakle on May 10, 2021, 1:25:24 AM
Thanks for your help. You're amazing.
"
Can't cuz characters are private, you need to unlock this.
Probably, I fixed it. Can you recheck it?
"
I don't think you need a witchfire brew since you have a despair on hit ring. Just use a jade flask or something. I would not have warding on life flask though, most curses keep being reapplied like map mods so you want it on a duration flask not instant one.
I took a jade flask instead of witchfire.
"
But tbh you should be able to kill bosses like shaper with this gear, so maybe it's a case of not knowing the fight / boss abilities? What's killing you? Are you doing shaper with maven enabled or without?
This is my 2nd league, i know main laser attack of shaper and can easily dodge it, but sometimes i can be one-shotted from balls that he throwing. Sometimes i got 30% of my life. Sometimes I got one-shotted.

"
Are you doing shaper with maven enabled or without?

Always without.

I think my main problem, that I don't have enough regen life and mana in fight and sometimes I got one-shotted from something. Even from Minotaur. Maybe all players can be one-shotted from Minotaur's attacks and i need to learn this attack and try dodge it?
@staaankey

Clusters should be smallest possible not biggest.

You just wasted 6 passive points for having that big clusters, 4 points on the large and 1 for each medium.

Your life is really low, and you didn't spec wind dancer (you should, and path through herbalism for more life). Pathing through reflexes to scion area is wasteful imo.

With more life and wind dancer you ability to not get 1-shot should improve, you need enough so if you take a tick of shaper's beam or balls and dodge after you still survive.

Your resists are in a really bad state. You need 75 of each and you have 39/64/47. No wonder you die a lot.

Your helmet should be energy shield base to buff escape artist. You don't need the enchant, if you want something more expensive -9 chaos res aura from hunter influence will give you more than the enchant. It requires a lvl 85+ helmet though. The range of it is quite big, so it usually will affect bosses.

Quality your totem gems too.

@barbakle
Did you actually go for Eradicator with 59 lightning res?

There's a chance you're getting mana throttled since GGG nerfed Elreon's mods and you don't use mana flask / replica conqueror jewel / clarity watcher's eye. So I don't know whether you can pre-place pods on bosses like Eradicator or are you getting oom.

You wasted a passive, you could pick the str point next to method to the madness and unspec 2 dex points below fangs of the viper.

You should get ES from popping ghost shrouds and if you still lack regen you can get some life on hit for example on small cluster jewel with feast of flesh, on rare jewels or on elder ring.

I wouldn't go for cluster setup unless you have at least mediums (1 large + 2 medium), on the other hand I don't know if you share gear between this char and the death's aura occultist so maybe that's why some stuff is empty.

Not sure if you came for advice, or just to vent, I wouldn't say toxic rain is an amazing boss killer but it's not the worst, it's probably middle of the pack. It's definitely not "stand in everything and outleech / outregen the damage" type of build, there are better candidates for that.
I feel like it's just a lot easier to give up a little bit of damage and use lifetap and then you will have no mana worries at all plus freeing up three slots on rings and ammy.

Also using Kintsugi is a pretty good alternative if you want to be a lot more tanky against one shots.

Check out my profile if you want to see a more HC viable version of the build (although it's still way better suited as a mapper/ulti farmer than against end game bosses).
Last edited by Thominater on May 9, 2021, 7:37:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info