25% player dropoff after 1 week, ooh wee

True about Incursion. Once again the lack of proper map mods ruins an otherwise interesting league. 10% quantity and pack size, good luck getting any drops from that. Simply rush the rooms you want to farm and be done.
lost 3 characters 80+ because of game freeze and crash.. So im also done till next one.
I'm actually having fun when engaging with Incursion, Delve and even Betrayal (fix the friggin freezes pls).

Too bad they are not on every Map. Too bad we don't get one of these on every map but instead have Synthesis crap.
The Nexus is just the mess and the zones are just too small/not dense enough to make them fun. Incursion did the same thing way better allready.

Btw: Incursion was fun, just the Temple got way too stale too quick. With a bit more engaging "endgame-league" content it could have been one of the very best leagues.
Last edited by aDoreMe on Mar 21, 2019, 6:13:42 AM
woo lawd the nexus is so bad I mean:

- try to do a longass memory lane NOPE it's me the modifier node coming straight through!
- hey nice synthesised items mind if I try-NOPE you have to collect ONLY T1 fractured! Well ok but at least NOPE LOOK AT THIS LIST you need to follow to make something not shit.

I fucking loathe to have 10 memories because it means it's build-a-memory time.
Second-class poe gamer
"
shadowthedead wrote:

Players want more league like breach abyss delve
not crapy ones like this and last one)

Well Betrayal had the best player retention of all leagues, so you're wrong how these 2 leagues compare.
Where I was initially wrong earlier is that this league's player dropoff is actually visible. According to Steam charts Betrayal had an average player count of 37.000 after 8 weeks. We're now at 37.000 3 weeks in...
I'm enjoying the new skills, but the bad implementation of Betrayal in the core game and the frustating decaying content and unreachable cool crafted items won't keep me playing for 3 months this time around. Usually I go to Standard to mess around in the highest tier maps (that I never reach in a league itself), but I only got 'legacy maps' now so even that is kind of demotivating.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 29, 2019, 8:01:34 PM
I think the Nexus stuff is OK, not amazing and not terrible.

What makes me wanting to take a break until next league is the Fractured and Synthesized stuff. It's just so time consuming looking through everything.

"Is this worth anything, is that worth anything, can i make anything useful from that, do i need 3 of that, what tiers do i need, what ilvl do i need, what bases are good"

It's not fun at all. And takes soo much time.

"But why dont you just ignore the new items then"?
You could do that, but its part of the game and ignoring makes you play at a disadvantage which is not fun at all either, feeling like you loose out of currency that others are getting from this.

I really really really hope nothing of this stays in the game after this league.
Can't wait for the 1 month (hopefully 2 month flashback).

By now there must be a 90% dropoff right?
I was so excited for this league as the last league was by far my most involved. I learned the most and had a great time. I was so disappointed with the memory Nexus and Syndicate crashing my pc. However, I moved on trying to ignore these league mechanics and just level play without. However, when I got to maps and couldn't sustain at all even to make progress well into yellow maps it was so grindy and soul crushing. Why do next level maps have to be so hard to come by. I know I can buy them in trade league but shouldn't have to. Why shouldn't I just be able to run the next set of maps if my character is able. This was the final straw for me. I would just like to be able to run maps I'm capable of running or think I'm capable running and get crushed if not.

Frustrating......
Week 4, 60% dropoff.

But wait, it gets worse!

Remember when Chris said that 10-15% of players are in Standard? It's reasonable to assume that Standard players aren't following the league spike (I know I'm not), instead they're constantly raising the numbers by a relatively steady amount. Indeed, note that in the last days of 3.5, when Betrayal had ended, the player numbers fell neatly into that 10-15% range: those are all the Standard players.

So if you deduct say 15k from both the launch day and current numbers, you actually get a figure of 70% for people who quit the actual league.

But hey, give it 2 weeks of hype before next league, and everyone will be buying supporter packs left and right again, amirite?
Last edited by suszterpatt on Apr 9, 2019, 3:00:39 PM
This league was so bad its going to do permanent damage to POE numbers over time. There are also a number of things I think that are detracting from the overall game still in a big way. My top 3 being new player experience is abysmal as there is so much complicated information, trading is still a nightmare on pc, and stability which I am going to include everything from lag still for a number of players on betrayal content, disconnecting from portals, and crashing. My number 4 would be lab and number 5 would be balance.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info