25% player dropoff after 1 week, ooh wee

Synthesis is dead. No point in playing it anymore.
Most players dont play through steam
"
Waycoolozs wrote:

this is wrong and was pointed out several times.

i don't get why ggg is so obsessed not making those numbers public (in a transparent way).
"
Waycoolozs wrote:

It's not about number of players, it about the % that falls off. Very similar % fall off will be in non steam player pool.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
This league was so bad its going to do permanent damage to POE numbers over time.

This is unfortunately true. The league was so bad I am not excited about the next one at all. Like I have 0 motivation to learn anything about it.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
This league was so bad its going to do permanent damage to POE numbers over time.

This is unfortunately true. The league was so bad I am not excited about the next one at all. Like I have 0 motivation to learn anything about it.

This league is that bad, that it has created fastest ever lose of players in the entire PoE history! Delve was great success in my opinion - it had 75k players when was started... and 75k of players after one month, and 27k on the end. Synthesis had 111k when started and month later (Friday to Friday) it had 28k. 75% of players have left this game. The shape of the player count curve is also very unusual - typically it is reversed parabola function (more or less extended in time), something similar in shape to f(x)=-x^2. This time we can see hyperbola function, something similar to f(x)=1/x.
Last edited by Mark___75 on Apr 10, 2019, 11:01:41 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"

Next league will be refurbished "lagacy" with some new "leagstones" and probably some things to "bribe" infuriated playerbase. Like access to "legacy Kaom armour" and other goodies like that. As they promised "melee buff", there will be some new, shiny "melee" skills too, able to ofscreen everything and/or some instant leech ability.

This way they will be able to pass some problems on players. Like "betrayal freeze" bug. Probably all map modes will be available through "leaguestones" or Zana mod only, so nobody will be able to complain he was slain by Syndicate squad, because it was chosen willingly. There will be some Zerker buff too and spells and/or ES nerf, to “encourage” players to play melee. Probably bow nerf too. Maybe some “scabbard”, as a quiver equivalent for two-handed weapons.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

But hey, give it 2 weeks of hype before next league, and everyone will be buying supporter packs left and right again, amirite?

They will, the idea that one bad league has ruined the game is idiotic, we all survived beastiary and if you go far enough back the few of us there even survived tempest and talisman ^^

If they keep fucking up its gonna cost them but its not the end of the world that they get one wrong, i'm not even sure this league is "wrong" just delayed to a point that we all quit by the time it was passable.
been playing SSF standard and i know a few people who have moved to standard. I still love the game and faith they will get there act together.
Delve was a huge step forward, sadly its been nerfed to the ground and taken away, its not even the best place to get fossils anymore. The last 2 leagues and been a jump back.

#StandardLivesMatter
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:

But hey, give it 2 weeks of hype before next league, and everyone will be buying supporter packs left and right again, amirite?

They will, the idea that one bad league has ruined the game is idiotic, we all survived beastiary and if you go far enough back the few of us there even survived tempest and talisman ^^

If they keep fucking up its gonna cost them but its not the end of the world that they get one wrong, i'm not even sure this league is "wrong" just delayed to a point that we all quit by the time it was passable.

By your own admission though, they didn't just get one wrong. They keep getting them wrong, and what incentive do they have to start getting them right if you give them your money anyway?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info