[3.7] Occultist/Trickster Bane SSF SHC lvl 100 Rank 3 Build guide / All Content / lvl 100 viable

Spiritual aid makes miniondamage apply to any damage. I use it for cheaper jewels and to get some nice damagenodes in the tree also wand gets 90+ which is more than the chaos/spell damage rolls.
Bonuscan: Essence drain is a dot same as bane so you are free to move. The liferegen gives some extra security too. Different playstyle. Blight is good only drawback being standing still in a hostile environment.. Spamming soulrend is also problematic for the same reason.
The guy who wrote this build uses vaal blight for it´s vaal effect and links it with infused channeling to get infusion also. This is a clever move. I dislike the cast time on vaal blight because it has killed me too many times. Being locked in place is especially dangerous in the delve.
thanks Thecure999

Also could we swap our purity of lightning for malevolence? would that not be a better use of an aura>?
Absolutelly, malevolence is awesome
Best auras imo is malevolence discipline and (not an aura but yeah) aspect of the spider.

Purity of elements or another purity is great while getting your shit together/levelling but probably not endgame viable. Reserving one slot for purity of applicable element can be smart but to anal for me :) Cba swapping and clicking too much.
If you have lowlife build you get more auraslots and can thinkabout stuff like zealotry, vitality and/or maybe even vaal grace depending on setup. If running prism guardian shield it swallows up to 3 50% auras.
I started a season character to see how it levels etc by the name of nangijalar and it just started maps. Went through levelling like a freighttrain with highest colors. Does first maps equally well. Great character.
If you experience difficulties take a look at tree/gear choices for inspiration. It´s a totally straightforward shield/wand CI build. Also very cheap, spent about 60 c in total.
Last edited by thecure999 on May 6, 2019, 3:09:35 PM
I made it to level 600 delve using a variant of this build on softcore (used Atziri's Reflection and Coward's Legacy for a bit more curse effectiveness and damage).

After level 500 or so delve became increasingly more difficult mainly due to mods such as "curse immunity" and "cannot be slowed." I was generally able to clear all areas by moving slowly down passages, trailing behind the cart and making very liberal use of flares to clear areas before moving on.

Although I made it to depth 600, I suspect that a cold-based spell capable of freezing and shattering enemies might have been easier - ES leech could have been used in this case and unstable wetas would have been much less of a nuisance.
===
Anyhow, this is a great and very fun build which I highly recommend. Delving to depth 600 is easily doable in softcore using this build - but perhaps an Occultist build using a cold-based spell would have an easier time.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 8, 2019, 5:52:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info