Why synthesis is so BAD

"
robmafia wrote:
tencent's been hemorrhaging money recently, so things will likely get worse (as if ggg hasn't been trending worse for a good while now, anyway)

I rather doubt it has anything to do with Tencent and a lot with too aggressive development schedule GGG imposed on themselves probably driven by business model they adopted.

Their development planning process is completely screwed up. I wonder if studio crunches and how hard.

Most of league mechanics sound sweet when initially described but implementation is horrible, both in design and functionality. This is all so rushed and unfinished.

Synthesis plays like Alpha rather than product ready to release.

Give it another 2-3 months of development and it might even deliver on its promise.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

if i did not get thiss boss in 5 days of playtime im sorry to tell you this but majority of the playerbase wont even be able see it at the end of this league.its not just me. i did not see even 1 information or video about this boss. so yeah there you go..

i have done hundreds if not thousands of memory encounters on maps and once, when we went in, there was a synthesis boss.

we all died....

what level of memory fragments you have used ?

I am running an aurabot now so it wasn't my map. So I don't know unfortunately.

Out of curiosity - how does one know what level a fragment is? I've seen in my nexus reference to level but I can't work out what the level is.
I decided to add my voice of dissapointment here rather than opening new rant thread, especially since I agree with most OP's items.
1. some tilesets fragments very likely to block you from actual exploration beginning - annoying
2. low number of stored fragments together with inability to rotate forces you to select wither to throw nicely modded frag (but geometrically not befitting at the given time) or run path that does lead to few bonus locations and has little extra modifiers
3. low number of frags on board and number of uses of each combined with above often makes you delete nicely modded piece that is in your way (but cannot connect) or is disconnected anyway so would block way for modding frags
4. alltogether you spend long time dissatisfied with your options - throwing away frags, deleting partially used ones, building suboptimal paths,
5. last run for frag - annoying annoying annoying... the only one you get any league drops and you often waste some loot chances just to make sure you end up on the right side of bridge when memory collapses,
6. drops that are not worth the effort; especially if you average out for fully developed frags and thos you freshly added
7. items... below dismal. most fractured items pure trash. Those that are not pure trash cannot be fossil crafted, limiting their usefullness to easier access to solid non-delve non-shaper non-elder items. Decent synthetized are virtually impossible to get
To summarize - subprime rewards for subprime fun content. I sugegst GGG:
1. allows frags rotation and/ or significantly increases number of frags stored and on board,
2. increase drops for memories (not only last run) and higher probability for good rolls and at leasy 2-modded fractures items
3. start decaying after at least 5s or review those telesets that do not allow to start memory run
Some of those may destroy the concept... but I think it's so bad currently that it is beyond saving by fine tuning
"
Verminaardth wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
tencent's been hemorrhaging money recently, so things will likely get worse (as if ggg hasn't been trending worse for a good while now, anyway)

I rather doubt it has anything to do with Tencent and a lot with too aggressive development schedule GGG imposed on themselves probably driven by business model they adopted.

Their development planning process is completely screwed up. I wonder if studio crunches and how hard.

Most of league mechanics sound sweet when initially described but implementation is horrible, both in design and functionality. This is all so rushed and unfinished.

Synthesis plays like Alpha rather than product ready to release.

Give it another 2-3 months of development and it might even deliver on its promise.

...did you even read what i said?

imo, their best days were long before they sold out. but with tencent's current problems, i sure wouldn't be surprised if ggg gets squeezed to boost revenue.

which should be easy, since everyone needs 84956783454 stash tabs to keep up with fossils/resonators and all the synthesis bases.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Mar 21, 2019, 7:02:11 PM
"
xriegg wrote:
I decided to add my voice of dissapointment here rather than opening new rant thread, especially since I agree with most OP's items.

6. drops that are not worth the effort; especially if you average out for fully developed frags and thos you freshly added

Some of those may destroy the concept... but I think it's so bad currently that it is beyond saving by fine tuning

"not worth the effort"...it really does feel like "effort" to play synthesis. setting aside the "rewards", it seems to be totally missing the "fun" element.

yaayy we did it ^^
ggg is making big changes to leauge and i feel like its gonna be great :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469496
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
It's like their either not even trying anymore or their just running out of ideas or both
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
yaayy we did it ^^
ggg is making big changes to leauge and i feel like its gonna be great :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469496

I don't lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Moving Memories
Players can now move Memories. At any point where you can place a Memory, you can now select another placed memory and move it and its global mods to this new location. This makes it easier to travel to various locations and means that players will run their memories until their final decay more frequently.

I find this to be a terrible solution then, very very bad.
It shows that they ust gave up on designing an interesting system because they could not find a better solution with the Nexus ....

If anything, it could be just tedious to moove existing memory fragments around memory modifiers to get the bonuses, and then move them back to somewhere else to use them ...
Just ... no ... don't do that ><

Nothing being done about "crafting" in Synthesis either.

Yeah .. I don't know, they just "massively" buffed the rewards and dumbed down part of the system it seems ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 22, 2019, 1:31:42 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Moving Memories
Players can now move Memories. At any point where you can place a Memory, you can now select another placed memory and move it and its global mods to this new location. This makes it easier to travel to various locations and means that players will run their memories until their final decay more frequently.

I find this to be a terrible solution then, very very bad.
It shows that they ust gave up on designing an interesting system because they could not find a better solution with the Nexus ....

If anything, it could be just tedious to moove existing memory fragments around memory modifiers to get the bonuses, and then move them back to somewhere else to use them ...
Just ... no ... don't do that ><

Nothing being done about "crafting" in Synthesis either.

Yeah .. I don't know, they just "massively" buffed the rewards and dumbed down part of the system it seems ...

Actually it solves a big issue with the synthesis crafting as well. Since fractured items now drop in non-decaying areas as well the amount of bases increases. This allows for more tries to actually get something decent, or get mods you're looking out for.

Switching the place of set fragments also is a good idea in conjunction with the new reward mechanic added, since you 'only' can have 5 mods on a tile, you now can dedicate tiles for upgrading, tiles for running and tiles to simply connect paths. It eases the system a lot and takes care of most described problems and frustrations about the system.

Also with the spawn-mechanic of reward nodes being changed the frustration of getting blocked mid-way is gone. All in all it sounds like those will be good changes, it all depends on the rework of the mods though, so we'll see. 4 connection pieces got a lot more important this way, allowing you to buff 5 tiles at once. Actually the mechanic got less tedious to work with but rewarding for people who think how to set it up, just as it should be.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info