Why synthesis is so BAD

Allowing to move tiles pretty much takes the most interesting part of the whole league, and dumb it down.

No, it's not a good thing, it's just ... sad.

About the rest, sure, one of the biggest improvement is to not need to be ver careful not to click on the sabilizer next to reward chests / memory modifiers.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
yaayy we did it ^^
ggg is making big changes to leauge and i feel like its gonna be great :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469496

Most of the changes seem fine. A few things aren't good though.

- The moving memories part is a big dumbing down of the nexus. Too simple = less rewards.

- The 5 mod max cap as well as the modifier only applying to adjacent nodes seems like a big nerf as the only good thing about the Nexus, for those using the mechanic was stacking modifiers on long chains.

With this change, each memory modifier will only apply max to 5 tiles and you can only get 5 modifiers on those tiles. Pretty bad when we currently can get the modifier to proliferate on 20+ tiles. With the changes, travelling out to get a modifier will be pretty bad time investment, worth 1/4 the effort if you had just 20 tiles linked and you can have a lot more. I doubt that the global mods are going to be over 4x better than now. Putting more effort in currently rewards you more. With the addition of more caps it will not.

The other changes seem fine but to those who are playing with the Nexus, the 5 modifier cap, and only affecting 5 tiles max, is a big nerf.
Normally challenges should get me hooked.
But sadly they just don't do this at all any more.
I am just looking at them like... fuck it, I have a real life as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love POE, I really want for GGG and POE to do well.
But I am not planning on playing, if I am not enjoying it.
anyone figured out how to do the Cadiro challenge? is it really only possible if you constantly run Perandus Manor or Janus research??? i don't know how to get this ...
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
I had to restrain myself from giving this feedback. Just to see if i experienced more of it maybe my mind will change about this league.
But no. I feel just like the same as i felt 3rd day of league at this moment. I will create sections why synthesis is such a bad league and why majority of the players do agree with me.
- League mechanic: first of all league mechanic feels so clunky.mainly slow due to design of memory nexus.it is making(forcing) players to go another area(memory nexus) just to start doing memory stuff. it feels too much time wasting on just teleporting from your HO to another area just to teleport again to another area.. it feels like we are playing a teleporting game of some sorts. i ve spent more of my time teleporting this league than doing other stuff.
- League rewards: now thats one big issue. there are no rewards compared to time we spent doing memory stuff. there are NONE. there might be some cool fractured recipes but no one gives a sh*t about the items. 99% of the items are useless and players dont care about finding recipes because its not rewarding. even if they did find good recipes its not worth sharing.
- League bosses: they spawn so rarely and so poorly. achieving them is just tedious and boring. i talked about rewards but boss rewards are just another thing that does not exist in this league. we had such epic boss fights or cool monsters in PoE before. Now we are down to boring generic 1 type bosses with no league spesific monsters.. well we have some but they dont even spawn RARE. i feel the need to thank people who have complained about mastermind for this. good job people. you have got what you wanted.
- Challenges: This is one area i feel personally insulted by the choices made by team. We have a cadiro challenge but no perandus mode in zana. There are only 2 possibilities we can find cadiro and those are syndicate + perandus manor. This is just so gated and not well thought.
i ll go on about challenges for a while so bear with me folks.
defeat synthesis monsters; this challenge is not possible to complete because there are NO rares of the kinds included in challenge. Good job on there.
connect memories to rewads: i ve seen only 5 types of these memories.
5 out of 17. this is insane. i could not see any of the memories mentioned in this challenge. maybe its also impossible to spawn them.
complete the cortex: 5 days on /played. no signs of this boss. probably not spawning. just like others.
-nerfs:thanks to no fun police everything fun in this game has been nerfed to death. all the powercreep bullshit just to get new 2-3 chaos spells. nice one.
-decay mechanic: this is just absurd and most annoying mechanic has ever introduced to this game.i usually dont give suggestion about game mechanics but just remove this hideous thing. at least dont let memories with 1 charges left decay.going all the way to the boss just to bridge memory to melt is outrageous.

Last words: I love PoE and i ll keep playing it. But this is the one league i cant wait to finish. Ty for reading.

This kind of player the devs need to listen.
Respect your 35 achievements in this bull... league, bro.
I love the game too, but the synthesis content just wasn't appealing to me.
Last edited by morigol on Mar 22, 2019, 8:17:55 PM
Yea I don't know all the synthesis content just kinda seems meh. Getting memories sucks since it feels like you mostly have to get lucky and have it not decay poorly while guessing which way is the right way. Messing around in the nexus feels unrewarding and the small memory inventory and random shapes makes it feel fairly random what you can and can't do. All in all it feels like delve with more awkward mechanics and worse rewards.

I've mostly decided to just not play the content.
Last edited by j33bus on Mar 25, 2019, 12:39:09 PM
I think the improvements will make the league easier to play, if nothing else. Less frustrating. And, let's face it, some of them are really necessary at this point.
Censored.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

if i did not get thiss boss in 5 days of playtime im sorry to tell you this but majority of the playerbase wont even be able see it at the end of this league.its not just me. i did not see even 1 information or video about this boss. so yeah there you go.....

My bad, i now understand that this wasn't a boss, but a "synthese", whatever that is. so, i still haven't figured it out, but you're up to 39 challenges, so I guess you have.

I can't even access Nexus anymore after the last patch, nor Alva. So a dumb bad league has become a dumb bad broken league for me :-/
Last edited by InsiderTradingX on Mar 26, 2019, 11:14:52 AM
"
Raigirin wrote:
Normally challenges should get me hooked.
But sadly they just don't do this at all any more.
I am just looking at them like... fuck it, I have a real life as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love POE, I really want for GGG and POE to do well.
But I am not planning on playing, if I am not enjoying it.

Pretty much this.
I was very disappointed with the Betrayal league and felt that GGG had just crammed in content to be able to say the game had content. Quantity over quality.
When the Synth leagues was announced and Betrayal became core, I just shrugged shoulders and thought, 'Best wait for next one then!'
Seems my concerns were well founded.

I really want to enjoy POE, but at the moment, I just can't.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2474047
"
You can now return Placed Memories to your queue. Doing so removes any Memory Modifiers applied to it and destroys the underlying Memory Amplifier if it is placed on one.

this sounds like kind of a solution to some of our concerns about moving memories.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info