Why synthesis is so BAD

I had to restrain myself from giving this feedback. Just to see if i experienced more of it maybe my mind will change about this league.
But no. I feel just like the same as i felt 3rd day of league at this moment. I will create sections why synthesis is such a bad league and why majority of the players do agree with me.
- League mechanic: first of all league mechanic feels so clunky.mainly slow due to design of memory nexus.it is making(forcing) players to go another area(memory nexus) just to start doing memory stuff. it feels too much time wasting on just teleporting from your HO to another area just to teleport again to another area.. it feels like we are playing a teleporting game of some sorts. i ve spent more of my time teleporting this league than doing other stuff.
- League rewards: now thats one big issue. there are no rewards compared to time we spent doing memory stuff. there are NONE. there might be some cool fractured recipes but no one gives a sh*t about the items. 99% of the items are useless and players dont care about finding recipes because its not rewarding. even if they did find good recipes its not worth sharing.
- League bosses: they spawn so rarely and so poorly. achieving them is just tedious and boring. i talked about rewards but boss rewards are just another thing that does not exist in this league. we had such epic boss fights or cool monsters in PoE before. Now we are down to boring generic 1 type bosses with no league spesific monsters.. well we have some but they dont even spawn RARE. i feel the need to thank people who have complained about mastermind for this. good job people. you have got what you wanted.
- Challenges: This is one area i feel personally insulted by the choices made by team. We have a cadiro challenge but no perandus mode in zana. There are only 2 possibilities we can find cadiro and those are syndicate + perandus manor. This is just so gated and not well thought.
i ll go on about challenges for a while so bear with me folks.
defeat synthesis monsters; this challenge is not possible to complete because there are NO rares of the kinds included in challenge. Good job on there.
connect memories to rewads: i ve seen only 5 types of these memories.
5 out of 17. this is insane. i could not see any of the memories mentioned in this challenge. maybe its also impossible to spawn them.
complete the cortex: 5 days on /played. no signs of this boss. probably not spawning. just like others.
-nerfs:thanks to no fun police everything fun in this game has been nerfed to death. all the powercreep bullshit just to get new 2-3 chaos spells. nice one.
-decay mechanic: this is just absurd and most annoying mechanic has ever introduced to this game.i usually dont give suggestion about game mechanics but just remove this hideous thing. at least dont let memories with 1 charges left decay.going all the way to the boss just to bridge memory to melt is outrageous.

Last words: I love PoE and i ll keep playing it. But this is the one league i cant wait to finish. Ty for reading.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Mar 22, 2019, 12:32:47 AM
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2019, 11:05:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
100% agreeing in Mrs's thread!

The thing is, I was already kinda worn out of PoE, challenges were the reason I kept going every league.
And now, I feel like "oh lets be over with this already". Maybe they fix some stuff, maybe they even change some challenges (again), we shall see, but I am unsure I can wait much longer to be honest. Cadiro is well played indeed. That 5 essence 80 area is my favorite as well. Memories? I am at 4/17 I believe, it just feels like "Delve Encounters IV" on steroids so far.

Regarding mechanics, decay is just too annoying. When it is possible to enter unstable memory and the decay cuts your way forward immediatelly (kicking you off with no loot and no memory), I know there is a design issue. It is just not fair, it does not reward decision making, it rewards coin flipping (~choose a direction 50/50) and that should infuriate any self-esteemed gamer.
I'd love this league if the memory maps didn't collapse so quickly - even after getting all of the stabilizers...Also if the synthesizer outcomes were more clear.
For now I would like two main things:

- Increase the memory cap to at least 20 so that we don't have to stop mapping every few minutes to go to Nexus and play puzzle game.

- Let the instance of memories last more than 5 minutes. Make it at least 10 minutes so that we can run back and go through another route if we choose to do so instead of having to use up another charge when doing long routes.

eg. I planned to run the entire chain yesterday below in one go but by the time I was done with the paths on on either side, the red nodes had their instance refreshed. So if I ran them they would decay and I'd not be able to progress. Had to go back to Nexus and map again until I found pieces to replace those red nodes before venturing out again.

Also as a final note, some layouts are cancer. Moon Temple for example, most paths get blocked and you can barely clear the whole map. I will pretty much never use another Moon Temple piece in a long chain as it's almost a guaranteed fail when decaying.

Last edited by SaiyanZ on Mar 19, 2019, 5:31:31 AM
All Mrs said true, so true. I know her quite long already, she usually do 40\40 and have a great knowledge hows game works and I cannot say `git good` to this player at all.

Yet. We have now other kind of meta. If you started league with with non promoted skill which gets mtx immediately as league launches - your rng fked up and your map drops are close to unexistant, so you `gently` forced to start new toon with meta skill and likely to buy mtx for it. Then you see exalt, you see divines, you see t4+ maps are being raining and on t4 or so you already see High Templar Venarius and bosses and get Kvas outta sight completely.

Huh.
You have no choice now.
It feels like so.
Glad I'm not missing out on anything, I can't even bring myself to level up to maps this league.

“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Its......horrible. I can still do my maps but the memory nexus is something I wish to forget and fast.
And I kinda wonder, if Fractured items only drop on decaying maps: was it intentional that we either farm fractured items, or run to complete the map? Cos you can't effectively do both.
There is no reason to farm fractured items in the nexus. I've pulled 7 of them from a normal void inside a map before. On top of the usual map rewards. There is no reason to go connect crap, play normally and you'll get them.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
There is no reason to farm fractured items in the nexus. I've pulled 7 of them from a normal void inside a map before. On top of the usual map rewards. There is no reason to go connect crap, play normally and you'll get them.

only important fractured items you can get from nexus are 3 implicit items which drops from bosses.
otherwise its not worth it.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info