Map: Drop Rate

I have been keeping track of content run and map returns for a few days now and wanted to share the info.
I am currently level 92 and cleared my atlas full up to T10.

Currently totals:
71 Normal Maps
6 Unique Maps
5 Safehouses
4 Sessions of Delve (with varying sulphite, depth around ~140-190)
2 Temple of Atzoatl (most areas open, around T10 each)
2 Vaal Side Areas
1 Uber Lab (Full clear)

The results are:
169 Total Maps Dropped
81 Maps Dropped of same or higher level than the content being done

Thats a net return of 92 maps or 4 if you only consider same or higher return.

T1 - 1
T2 - 6
T3 - 10
T4 - 9
T5 - 16
T6 - 21
T7 - 33
T8 - 17
T9 - 8
T10 - 16
T11 - 12
T12 - 5
T13 - 7
T14 - 3
T15 - 0
T16 - 1
UNIQ - 4

Full data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS37njkhEzbpS9mGdujpJNPCKx5DzrpaOjVFTnAvnYJ-IJ3AWIcBYwXkoAnXyDXRvF21JbPRwy2txKv/pubhtml?gid=579322870&single=true
Last edited by SerenadeRaika on Mar 25, 2019, 2:33:43 PM
"
pphnx wrote:
The problem is:

Syntesis encounters on the maps are like extension of the map. In this league every map is ~%30 bigger than it was thanks to the synth encounters. Bcs map mods remain same in that encounters.

To balance this GGG lowers map drop rate but this couldnt solve the problem. Because synth encounters loot table is completely different from maps.

This is a good point.

If I make a bad turn and run into the blue especially at the beginning of the encounter I miss a lot of monsters, XP and drops.

And full clear is not always possible.
Last edited by Snake_Plissk3n on Mar 25, 2019, 4:16:44 PM
Its not just map drops that are low this league. Its currency also.

So the question that comes to my mind is why would you choke down maps and currency in a league thats not doing well. Who benefits?

Third party vendors end up befitting. Alot of folks are not going to grind and do item/loot conversion. This opens the door to alot of folks buying what they need from other venues.

The harder they make it the more folks cave into "pay to win".

so someone is benefiting and making out on this. The question is whether or not ggg/tencent have their hands into those third party venues. I personally believe they would have to be involved. Why else choke things down.

Poe trade is another indicator of how things are being manipulated. Tons and tons of fake map for sale listings. The harder they make it for you to get a map there the more apt you are to buy it at a different source.

Poe is very corrupt these days...

Disclaimer - No mention of real currency was used in this post as that is clearly against forum rules.

NS
Never post but this caught my eye and have to say drops have for me at least been horrid. Haven't purchased supporter for the league and probably won't.

Get having to grind but grinding without reward (again for me) just is getting a bit boring. No leaving game but not playing at all like last league that's for sure.
Here is an interesting (well, to me) anecdote for y'all.

I currently have one T10 map unlocked, Chateau. I had three in my tab, so I thought I would run them because my exp per hour was atrocious and I want to hit level 90 before 2020.

And since I was eager to get drops and perhaps even lucky enough to get some maps, I chiseled, alched and even Vaaled them.

I ended up running 5 - so no sample size at all - but did not see a single new map drop. I got a Chateau map drop EVERY map, which was interesting, and had one Shore map drop, and that was it. I ran every memory as well to no avail. No T11, not even a couple of T9s.

So I was "sustaining", but I had basically shaped my Atlas for Chateau because of terrible map drops to level 89.8.

I know, no sample size, and anecdotal, I already said that. But it was demoralizing on top of everything else leading up to it.

I still retain, perhaps futilely, the fact that at some point the dam will break and I will return to ALL my previous rate of Atlas unlock and progression. But it is fading.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Mar 26, 2019, 10:43:29 AM
Map drops are beyond a joke..

I got 127% on my atlas, did 5 red maps, didnt get a single map in return..

When does this game become boring and fustrating? When you hit red maps..

Fix this shit design please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info