Map: Drop Rate

"
colossalaiur wrote:
I work as a quant is a major financial institution and I studied statistics seriously, probably better than 99.9% of people on this forum. I can assure you if you see more than 5 people just jump out on the forum saying they get no maps, it’s not bad luck. Yes there is no map drop.

redditors bitch and moan about "no map drop" at every single league release, and they're wrong every single time.
forum statistics professors claim that map drop nerfs are why they can't get past white maps, but at the same time good players are able to sustain their shaped T11+ even in SSF league.
"
"
colossalaiur wrote:
I work as a quant is a major financial institution and I studied statistics seriously, probably better than 99.9% of people on this forum. I can assure you if you see more than 5 people just jump out on the forum saying they get no maps, it’s not bad luck. Yes there is no map drop.

redditors bitch and moan about "no map drop" at every single league release, and they're wrong every single time.
forum statistics professors claim that map drop nerfs are why they can't get past white maps, but at the same time good players are able to sustain their shaped T11+ even in SSF league.

Who was able to sustain in SSF? Did you see baeclast 38 on RaizQT? Post the exact quote here or I report you.

I’m talking about basic statistics here. I dont give a fuck about what reddit says. I see several people here experiencing similar things as I do and the drop rates are absurdingly low. That’s all i need to justify it.

What convinces me even more is that the maps that actually drop are consistently 4-5 tiers lower, which clearly means they fucked up the code. If you are still saying I’m wrong then I would legit stop talking to you because you probably dont have any working experience in programming or statistics.

Seriously, if you dont know about those things, just shut up.
"
Who was able to sustain in SSF? Did you see baeclast 38 on RaizQT? Post the exact quote here or I report you.

I’m talking about basic statistics here. I dont give a fuck about what reddit says. I see several people here experiencing similar things as I do and the drop rates are absurdingly low. That’s all i need to justify it.

What convinces me even more is that the maps that actually drop are consistently 4-5 tiers lower, which clearly means they fucked up the code. If you are still saying I’m wrong then I would legit stop talking to you because you probably dont have any working experience in programming or statistics.

100% i agree
Map drop rate is still EXTREMELY low and stupid.

AFTER so called "fix" did T13 map - highest I has. Got only 2 maps dropped: T7 and T8.

W
T
F
?

Every map must at least has herself in the drop (100%) and additional 2-3 maps from already done (+/- 2 tiers) or connected to her.
That's would be fine drop rate.

But now it complete mess and garbage. Lowlvl maps drops lowlvl maps. Highlvl maps drops lowlvl too.

In the devs mind, how I am supposed to progress on the Atlas if I'm not nolifer?
Oh wait, they made Nexus, why I even asking?..
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 18, 2019, 6:20:30 PM
"
colossalaiur wrote:

But the problem here is, that people who drop enough maps since the new patch will not come to the forums and complain. Only the unfortunate part will do that and this will distort the perception. So of course in this filter bubble (nothing else are these complaint threads) everybody who has this experience will be confirmed he is right.
So in the end you have one ore two hands full of people out of ... dunno ... 100k Players who still have bad luck with map drops.

e.g. When i logged in to the game this afternoon after the patch there were 2 persons who asked if map drops have been buffed because the got 8 maps out of their last 4 runs. And around 5 or 6 persons immediately answered YES.
Last edited by MasterMok on Mar 18, 2019, 6:22:07 PM
"
MasterMok wrote:
"
colossalaiur wrote:

But the problem here is, that people who drop enough maps since the new patch will not come to the forums and complain. Only the unfortunate part will do that and this will distort the perception. So of course in this filter bubble (nothing else are these complaint threads) everybody who has this experience will be confirmed he is right.
So in the end you have one ore two hands full of people out of ... dunno ... 100k Players who still have bad luck with map drops.

e.g. When i logged in to the game this afternoon after the patch there were 2 persons who asked if map drops have been buffed because the got 8 maps out of their last 4 runs. And around 5 or 6 persons immediately answered YES.

Two things here.

First, i was not the kind of person with bad luck. I literally unlocked 2 tier 16 just by myself and i did not even get any yellow map from delve. I only start observing no map drop since saturday or so, therefore im not in the group you referred to.

Also at this point I dont know if i can trust anyone. Think of what GGG did. They first ninja nerfed drop rates, then “fix” it but i tested after that and drops are still bad. Now people say it works so i guess they ninja fixed it again. This is just too much tweak on GGG’s side i cant even trust any sampling theory becaue the real “population” is not constant. I can only test if the parameters have changed, but i dont have the resource, aka red maps to test anymore.

Anyways, i farm quarry today until things get confirmed or i get rich.
Map drop rates were considerably reduced after harbinger league, its nothing new actually. People started to shit on GGG because the league is trash and they have nothing to do but mapping
I'm 87 with one chara, got a few other 60, and i'm still running mostly T4 because i got around 10 T5-8 so far.

And every time i have the luck to drop 3map in a T6+, its usually some T2-3maps, i do as much as Incursion Maps rooms, same, it looks like indeed we drop enough maps, just, 3-4 tiers lower than the one we are running every time :S

(I alch every T5+, and chisel the T7-8 but...)

Even Zana is selling me only T2-3 maps in her shop, its just not normal...

https://imgur.com/a/7zVOF71

I didn't play much last league but before Zana was selling maps to equivalent tier to help us, not T1-2-3 and nothing else..

And i'm still only on Shaper part1 because i'm missing a lot of T3-4-5, only dropping the one i got, i'm used to ssf but it still feels uncoherent.
Last edited by Bakudan on Mar 18, 2019, 8:05:28 PM
Hydra, T16, rare, corrupted, 3 sacrifice fragments added.
Got 2 maps: T4 and T9.

Defiled Cathedral, T15, rare, corrupted, 3 sacrifice fragments added.
Got 1 map: T8 (shaped)

And I have 129 bonus objectives completed on the Atlas.

Applause.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 18, 2019, 9:00:21 PM
I'm almost level 80, stuck at T3 maps.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info