Map: Drop Rate

The drop rate was terrible, then they did a fix and and I started getting returns somewhat. But, after that most current hotfix the drop rate is terrible again. I know 17 red maps is not a great sample pool but I ran a total of 17 alch'd and corrupted T12-T14 maps and received 1 T11 and 1 T13 in return (a couple yellow and white maps as well but only 6 total).

I do not think anyone expects to run a map and always get several in return but this is a bit rough
Last edited by bagman2488 on Mar 24, 2019, 7:13:10 AM
"
bagman2488 wrote:
The drop rate was terrible, then they did a fix and and I started getting returns somewhat. But, after that most current hotfix the drop rate is terrible again. I know 17 red maps is not a great sample pool but I ran a total of 17 alch'd and corrupted T12-T14 maps and received 1 T11 and 1 T13 in return (a couple yellow and white maps as well but only 6 total).

I do not think anyone expects to run a map and always get several in return but this is a bit rough

I am really on the same boat as have been buying maps since the league start with all the currency I have accumulated through the playing and now my alchemy and chao are slowly depleted to single digit, and my maps between T6-T10 is slowly running dry as well.

I do think this is suicide move to force casual player to MTX in order to go to end game. Maps supposed to be a Gear testing tool, if our gear is good enough we shouldn't need go back to low Tier maps as there is no chance the playing would benefit or improve the game progression due to low item level and exp penalty.

GGG please reconsider the philosophy behind this, dont make more people quit. You can have all those glory streamers on Twitch who can invest tonnes of time and resource to the game but you would still need lots more casual players base to keep those broadcast alive.
Stuck at T5s... Not fun at all... Try buying T5s GGG., I dare ya. See how much fun that shit is :/
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
I currently have 125/159 map completed. Did around 50 red maps and I don't have any left.So most of it was T11 and T12, chiseled ALL + Vaal Orb anything below 80iiq. The few T13 and T14 I got (8-10) I run adding 3x Sac Fragments. Also got 4-5 extra runs from Zana quest (including one rare T15).

This is my 3rd league and I know RNG can be brutal. But come on... I'm not even close to end game tiers and I can't progress even while burning currency like stupid.

I'm getting rly despaired here (opened every chest in my few last red maps). My last "crazy" idea is to kill red elder that somehow stays forever in the atlas (seems like 1st red one doesn't despaws ?). All guardians are there, have to buy does maps.

Lvl 92 and cant do any endgame content... this is far from fun.
Last edited by Moonshine_Wizard on Mar 24, 2019, 11:31:36 AM
I'm running transmute whites and alch yellows and I have easily 1/3 of the previous map drop rate from other leagues. Usually by the time I'm running t10 maps I have almost all white maps completed and have been using extra white maps for chisel recipe 30+ times. Now, I have about 40% of white maps completed and only 7 yellow maps. I am averaging 1 map drop per 1 map run. I don't even have enough white maps for the map upgrade recipe. 80% of my yellow maps have been bought from Zana as well when previously I would buy maybe 2 maps from her all league long. This is so far from normal that there is no way it's just bad luck.
Last edited by DemigodParadox on Mar 24, 2019, 11:56:18 AM
It's well established that the rates have been lowered. Come to terms with that. They want them to be lower. That they raised them a bit doesn't indicate that they raised them to their previous levels.

You have to Delve. You have to run the Temple. You have to do what ever you can do in Synthesis. They want the game to play that way. They want the league content to feel "rewarding". I feel it to be a chore that has to be done now, but I'm willing to change.
Guys for the red map need Chisel, corrupt (if IIQ and the monster pack are bad) 3 fragment of vaal and sextant, bloodlines zana mod.
it's forced, otherwise you will not be able to sustain your map pool or drop map.
For yellow map just alch.
I know GGG thinks that it is necessary to limit the drop to have a better retention, I think he is mistaken after that is my personal opinion.
Especially to have a correct progression in the atlas, we must now put a lot, a lot of currency ...
Good luck and "Have Fun".
Last edited by NeoG on Mar 24, 2019, 12:06:55 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's well established that the rates have been lowered. Come to terms with that. They want them to be lower. That they raised them a bit doesn't indicate that they raised them to their previous levels.

You have to Delve. You have to run the Temple. You have to do what ever you can do in Synthesis. They want the game to play that way. They want the league content to feel "rewarding". I feel it to be a chore that has to be done now, but I'm willing to change.

And im willing to uninstal, money well spent elsewhere
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
KopaKabana wrote:

I spent my money on Grim Dawn instead, plus new expansion coming out in a few days! I might try Sekiro soon also. Partly marking time until Cyperpunk 2077 comes out...
"
Barazon wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:

I spent my money on Grim Dawn instead, plus new expansion coming out in a few days! I might try Sekiro soon also. Partly marking time until Cyperpunk 2077 comes out...

Yeah, friends already gone to Sekiro, and I`m starting to look that way too. PoE feels so much broken now and dissapointing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info