Synthesis Gem Information

So from the looks of it Unleash is...meh?
From what I can gather you have to stop casting in order to get the 3 seals (or you lose them on cast), unless I'm reading it incorrectly. May as well just increase cast speed and damage elsewhere if that's the case.
Can someon Clarify something for me.

Soulrend leeches only from the initial hit, do i understand that correct?
Leech needs to hit in this game and the wording seems a bit wonky to clarify it to 100%.
Many of these gems are overtuned, making everything else in the game useless. I really wish they tried to balance new skills instead of overbuffing the numbers so people only play the new skills.
"
Many of these gems are overtuned, making everything else in the game useless. I really wish they tried to balance new skills instead of overbuffing the numbers so people only play the new skills.

Agreed.
IGN gubert
"
Gubert wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
50% mana reserved for only 20% damage over time?

thats like 1 single node in the passive tree... O.O

I was expecting this aura to be a lot better. meh =/

rip malevolence

MORE damage over time. And Skill duration.

You should google that up.

Increased skill duration combined with DoT damage in this case is a bad combination. Why would I want my DoTs to last longer? I want them to last as short as possible since this effectively increases my damage per second. So its a 20% more multiplier while also increasing the time the damage ticks.
for soulrend its sort of neglectible since its base duration is 0.4s which does not matter too much when I think about casting it once, repositioning, casting it again - by that time the DoT will be over and I can maximize my damage.

So in my eyes that aura is very bad but maybe I am completely wrong on this, idk.
"

Yes, I'd imagine if your only goal is to max out DPS and knowing someone, somewhere has a stronger skill than you just destroys your enjoyment of the game, it could be tough.

For those of us who set goals for ourselves and don't care what other people are doing, it's fine.
"
Dontfear wrote:
"
Gubert wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
50% mana reserved for only 20% damage over time?

thats like 1 single node in the passive tree... O.O

I was expecting this aura to be a lot better. meh =/

rip malevolence

MORE damage over time. And Skill duration.

You should google that up.

Increased skill duration combined with DoT damage in this case is a bad combination. Why would I want my DoTs to last longer? I want them to last as short as possible since this effectively increases my damage per second. So its a 20% more multiplier while also increasing the time the damage ticks.
for soulrend its sort of neglectible since its base duration is 0.4s which does not matter too much when I think about casting it once, repositioning, casting it again - by that time the DoT will be over and I can maximize my damage.

So in my eyes that aura is very bad but maybe I am completely wrong on this, idk.

It stacks. If the duration is 10s and you cast once per second, you will have 10 stacks of the same damage in your last cast.

Like.. if the DOT is 10k, when you're casting your 10th soulrend the mob will be taking 100k DOT.

It looks better than any other dmg auras, compare it with Wrath, Anger or Hatred. Math will come later, but i'm pretty sure it's better than those.
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on Mar 6, 2019, 6:27:14 PM
RIP Unleash. We hardly knew you.
"
Dontfear wrote:
Idk if its a typo but malevolence seems suuuuuuuuuuper bad. like, super bad. 50% mana reserved for 20% more DoT? thats ridiculously underpowered.

any thought on that? am i missing something?

It's almost exactly the same as Wrath, plus it has skill effect duration.
need level 1 gems to figure out the scaling too... to prepare our leveling!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info