Iron Will

Not sure if this is mentioned previously, but am kinda disappointed this is not available as a Keystone. There is Iron Grip for Projectile Attacks, just sad they dun have a spell version on the Skill Tree. Would really promote STR/INT builds imo.
"
Sephirya wrote:
Not sure if this is mentioned previously, but am kinda disappointed this is not available as a Keystone. There is Iron Grip for Projectile Attacks, just sad they dun have a spell version on the Skill Tree. Would really promote STR/INT builds imo.

There's no good place to put it on the skill tree. If you put it in the middle like Iron Grip, then most Witches and some Shadows just become pointless to play, since a Marauder, Duelist, or Templar could match their DPS with one skill pick (a dedicated single-element build only gets about +150% damage, so a Templar/Marauder/Duelist with 500 Strength after items can be almost a fully functional blasty Witch of whatever element in addition to being a Templar/Marauder/Duelist).

On the other hand, if you put it over on Witch/Shadow side of the tree, then it just about never gets taken, and only does a minimal boost if it is.

This is not the case with Iron Grip. Weapon damage boosters on the skill tree are a lot more common and sometimes even a bit larger than Spell/Elemental damage ones. What's more, Witches start next to a lot of very powerful Wand nodes while Rangers start next to some pretty solid Bow ones. Compared to the roughly +300% damage these classes can get without Iron Grip, the +100% that Templars/Marauders/Duelists can grab from Iron Grip is not that amazing.
When Reduced cast time will be properly renamed as Extended cast time or smth?
"
CepaX wrote:
When Reduced cast time will be properly renamed as Extended cast time or smth?

It doesn't say "reduced Cast time" though. It says "reduced Cast Speed"; a lower speed means a longer cast time.
When combined with Dominating Blow or Summon X, will Iron Will buff Minion Instability damage?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Feb 5, 2013, 10:03:53 AM
minion instability is neither attack nor spell.
Doesn´t matter if MI is itself not a spell or attack. Summon skeleton itself is a spell.

You adding spelldamage to skeletons. Skeletons cast MI.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
You adding spelldamage to skeletons. Skeletons cast MI.

Just because you're casting a Spell, doesn't mean it deals Spell Damage. Minions don't start dealing more damage because you picked up a Spell damage node either. It doesn't work.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 5, 2013, 4:13:11 PM
It´s clear that a passive node wouldn´t work.

When i use your explination anything wouldn´t work on minions.
What am i?
I paired Iron Will and Tempest Shield together and am a little confused about how these interact with each other. The overall DPS indicator says that together, Iron Will is lowering the damage of Tempest Shield to 56.2 from 61. The actual damage dealt when I block however goes up from 32-66 to 35-72.

My question is, does the 19% Reduced Cast Speed have any impact on Tempest Shield at all? The reason I thought to pair these is because Iron Will has no Mana Cost Multiplier, and I didn't think the reduced cast speed would have any impact at all on Tempest Shield. Does the reduced cast speed negatively impact this spell at all, or are the numbers just being funny?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info