Iron Will

How exactly does this work? I tried testing with spark and cold snap but neither of them seemed to show a dps increase, however the link symbol did appear.
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
1% spell damage for every 5 points of strength you have. If you couldn't see in the increase it's likely that your strength was low enough, or the base damage low enough, that it didn't make a difference to the spell.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
1% spell damage for every 5 points of strength you have. If you couldn't see in the increase it's likely that your strength was low enough, or the base damage low enough, that it didn't make a difference to the spell.

The cast speed penalty helps negate any gains if you have low Strength. ;)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 21, 2012, 10:18:36 PM
Oh, yes, that too.
It's really mostly viable on higher levels and/or qualities.
I still think it's somewhat annoying that having a bunch of bonuses that affect the same thing, but individually are too small for an actual effect, don't stack to form one that would.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
It's really mostly viable on higher levels and/or qualities.
I still think it's somewhat annoying that having a bunch of bonuses that affect the same thing, but individually are too small for an actual effect, don't stack to form one that would.
They do. All increases to a stat add together and area applied as one.
Does Righteous Fire gain aura damage from Iron Will? Or is Righteous Fire's aura damage always set to 50% of your maximum life per second as a rule?
RF does not benefit from Spell damage bonuses. It does benefit from Burning damage passives; they make you die faster, meaning the monsters take the same amount of damage over a slightly shorter period (not worth it; makes it too hard to heal up).
Can some1 tell if my thinking is correct - Ethereal knives being a spell that deals physical dmg benefits from iron will like any other spell right ? and when i wear Deshret's Vise
(gloves with +10% physical dmg +100 str and - attack speed) i guess i get +10% physical dmg from item +20% spell dmg from 100 str via Iron Will and i don't really care about attack speed reduction cause Ethereal Knives is affected by Casting Speed not Attack Speed right ?
You are correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info