Skill Reveals - Soulrend and Bane

"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Are existing jewels being changed or will they go legacy? I have two in one of my builds currently.
i would welcome legacy because i really don't like change to them. So hoping for legacy.
I like it.
"
When enemies are hit by the projectile they'll take a small amount of chaos damage and grant a large amount of Energy Shield Leech (4% at all gem levels). Although Soulrend is designed to work on its own for most encounters, it also works well alongside Essence Drain to combine their significant damage over time effects while restoring both Energy Shield and Life.

Why does this get 4% ES leech, while poor Essence Drain has to make do with just 0.5% life leech?
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 24, 2019, 8:23:27 PM
Im keen for some form of Bane + Soulrend Occultist :)

What I want to know is, can the Essence drain regen and the soul rend leech stack if you have ZO? If so, bane to dot + apply 2-3 curses, then wither cwc ED+soul rend for single target :)

Sounds wonky enough to work!
Is Bane meant to be competitive as a main skill? Or is it's damage going to be too low, like with Contagion/Desecrate?
[Void Added Chaos Barrage] (as the trigger attack) Poet's Pen Banerend

Good Idea?
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Feb 24, 2019, 8:27:35 PM
"
cownotme wrote:
GGG is just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. We already have enough skill gems in the game. It's all bloatware at this point. What this game is polish, but nope they're choosing quantity over quality...

How are you negative about this change? Anyone that has played chaos dot builds before have been waiting for them to make blight non-mandatory. This change is nothing but amazing.
"
cownotme wrote:
GGG is just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. We already have enough skill gems in the game. It's all bloatware at this point. What this game is polish, but nope they're choosing quantity over quality...

Because, as shocking as it may be to believe, there's other people like this (found just a bit below your own comment) -

"
Looks promising! New skills are what I look most forward to in every expansion. Everything else gets boring quickly, but new skills add so much replayability.
Looks cool!

but, can we have acess to the gem itsemf?

At level 1 or level 20 or whatever. status, etc.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
is Soulrend based on Spell Damage to increase its damage over time effect like ED or based on Chaos Damage like CA? Hmm ...

"
Hey GGG those are some good looking changes. Could you tell us if curses from on hit effects like the shaper or elder mods on rings that are applied on a Bane hit too count towards Banes bonus for additional damage per curse applied?

"
How will Bane work when socketed in an item that grants a curse? Will it get the bonus?

Also, how will Bane work in Doedre's Skin? Will it be cast by the effigy and will it still ignore the curse limit?

All great questions. We need answers, GGG! :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 24, 2019, 8:36:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info