Skill Reveals - Soulrend and Bane

Whats with all the tears ? Go play blizzard games if you hate new toys.
@Mod: Before removing this post, please make sure you can actually cite the rule I broke. Thank you.
interesting
Soulrend looks good. Not sure about Bane, need in-game testing how it would feels to apply curses manually.

"
On that note, Essence Drain now applies its damage over time effect in a small area on impact. This should make it easier to apply the damage over time effect to a specific target if there are other enemies clustered around it.

It wasn't the only issue of ED. The other is very slow movement speed of projectile - you can only hit someone who is standing still. Try to compare it to the Arc for example.
Support SGT leagues:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093652
Last edited by DivineChampion on Feb 28, 2019, 1:42:45 AM
I see no info whether bane is a support skill or not. It was used along with soulrend in video so i guess it is?
Does bane "hit" ?
"
lewkaj wrote:
I see no info whether bane is a support skill or not. It was used along with soulrend in video so i guess it is?
Most likely, yes. It might have clearing potential on its own with Profane Bloom if it can at least kill most normal and some magic mobs at a decent pace.

"
charmolipi wrote:
Does bane "hit" ?
No, it just applies a damage over time debuff in the area, like Contagion.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Feredhel wrote:
welcome to path of recyle theres never anything new here
this time we got a better version of contagion called bane
and a better version of essence drain called soulrend!
come closer and take a look


Do you people just jump straight to the video without bothering to read? Or do you just not understand what's written?


ok then tell me thats NOT the case somehow in your language

we get an essence drain like skill with higher leech (4%), exclusive leech for es to be exactly but es can become more powerful just saying and INNATE PIERCE
essence drain got how much leech? exactly. 0.5% for life which can be transformed to es leech as well. not stronger in ANY WAY RIGHT

bane i got confused with wither twice, ok
EDIT just noticed i was actually right it is like contagian but it doesnt spread with multi curse auto cast

but you can apply ALL supported curses...with one casting...at that aoe...
there are items to apply more than one curse but doing so without downside on bane is devaluing those uniques now that i think about that

i just read what they say since theres nothing more. and i dont see anything new in those skills (psssst that was my actual point) its recycling from older skills and uniques
downgrading usefulnes of others bcs you got a nice package that does it all



but if you care why dont tell me what i dont understand/didnt read?
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
Posted by Bex_GGG on Dec 5, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
we know where the priorities are...and we know what you mean by "effects"
Last edited by Feredhel on Feb 28, 2019, 1:56:45 PM
"
Feredhel wrote:
ok then tell me thats NOT the case somehow in your language

we get an essence drain like skill with higher leech (4%), exclusive leech for es to be exactly but es can become more powerful just saying and INNATE PIERCE
essence drain got how much leech? exactly. 0.5% for life which can be transformed to es leech as well. not stronger in ANY WAY RIGHT

bane i got confused with wither twice, ok
EDIT just noticed i was actually right it is like contagian but it doesnt spread with multi curse auto cast

but you can apply ALL supported curses...with one casting...at that aoe...
there are items to apply more than one curse but doing so without downside on bane is devaluing those uniques now that i think about that

i just read what they say since theres nothing more. and i dont see anything new in those skills (psssst that was my actual point) its recycling from older skills and uniques
downgrading usefulnes of others bcs you got a nice package that does it all



but if you care why dont tell me what i dont understand/didnt read?


Leech to ES is a difference, but also Soulrend is meant to be played on its own with multi-projectiles (hence the innate pierce and homing abilities). Unlike ED, which is designed to work with Contagion.

But really, what I was especially miffed by was your comparison of the other skill. Bane is nothing like either Wither or Contagion. Contagion is meant as a vector for Essence Drain, Bane has no relation whatsoever to either Essence Drain or Soulrend. Wither is just a stacking debuff increasing chaos damage taken, Bane does it's own damage (supportable by Wither). Neither Contagion nor Wither have anything whatsoever to do with curses, Bane is all about curses. Etc.

I'm not interested in arguing over which builds, skills or playstyles you think are better, nor do I need to. My only point is that they're different skills, which they are. They don't make the same builds.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies.

Path of Exile Version 0.7.0: Completely rebalanced everything[/quote] BEST PATCHNOTES EVER!! :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 28, 2019, 3:21:44 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:


I'm not interested in arguing over which builds, skills or playstyles you think are better, nor do I need to. My only point is that they're different skills, which they are. They don't make the same builds.


my point was they are just remake of already existing skills we dont need
and yes theres a relation between contagion and bane and i actually wrote it out
bane has no spreading but multicurse-autocast and yes that would make up for a wither debuff as well...
but if you dont care as you say you didnt think that far clearly
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
Posted by Bex_GGG on Dec 5, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
we know where the priorities are...and we know what you mean by "effects"
Last edited by Feredhel on Feb 28, 2019, 3:38:06 PM
"
Feredhel wrote:
we get an essence drain like skill with higher leech (4%), exclusive leech for es to be exactly but es can become more powerful just saying and INNATE PIERCE
essence drain got how much leech? exactly. 0.5% for life which can be transformed to es leech as well.
I'll say it again since many people seem to be confused about this:

Essence Drain does not leech
You gain life regeneration based on 0.5% of your tooltip debuff DPS per target affected. It has nothing to do with leech mechanics and you need Zealot's Oath to convert it to ES regeneration, not Ghost Reaver.

Leech is canceled at full health and you need to ramp up 10 hits while not being at full health to hit the 20% leech cap, regardless of how much leech you have, because one instance of leech only recovers at a rate of 2% of your health pool per second without increases to leech per second.

Leech without the (Ascendant) Slayer passive that makes leech stay on at Full Life (not ES) is mechanically a lot worse than regeneration, especially if you don't hit very fast against a single target, which is certainly the case with Soulrend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info