Skill Reveals - Soulrend and Bane

Soulrend interests me VERY much.

I might drop Arctic Breath for it, or drop efficacy or bonechill and add it in to the winter orb cwc family. Or drop both and add in GMP like I should be doing anyways.

I never bother with ghost reaver because it gimps my es recovery too much for my liking, and other sources of leech for spells kinda suck anyways.

I have so many things to try now!

I'm glad I finally got DX11 working with launch options added to my client shortcut so I won't hopefully be exiled anymore with DX9 removal.
One other aspect is ED regenerates life, Soulrend leeches it.

so two totally different recovery mechanics, to think about as well.

ED's life regen is based purely on it's raw damage, and then provided to you, with no deductions (really)

While soulrend will be forced to deal with the leech to life / ES ratios.

So without added leeching rate nodes you will be capped at 20% ES pool.

Where ED could hit super high and have a crazy amount of life regen stacked up / uncapped from high hits.

Assuming that soulrend (leech statement is true as actual leech.

"
Fasclaro wrote:
this has probably been stated already but from the video being played it looks like its just an updated ed/contagion thing going on here. You are better than this ggg this is like blizzard style lazy.

Actually they are two completely different setups and ways to play from a core mechanics piece.

If you take them on straight appearance / value yes they look similar, but like most skills they have hidden nuances that come out if you dig much deeper into them.

Both of these are quite different due to what and how they do things.
Does this mean that bane benefits from "+x levels to curse gems"? If so then that'd suddenly make some items a LOT more interesting. Also, curse stacking will probably be crazy good for it, since any curse linked to it will act like an extremely potent support gem. Efficacy on steroids almost.
I'm 100% sure what my league starter will be :)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
If I remember correctly on how Withered works, they actually buffed Spreading Rot. A stack of Withered per jewel applied per pulse, which I believe is every "cast" of the channeled skill means with both jewels you're able to apply 36% increased chaos damage taken debuff applied to enemies within 1 second. That's with no additional cast speed.

Withered can stack up to 15 times, for a total of 90% increased chaos damage taken debuff applied to enemies. IF I'M CORRECT That Withered stacks refresh upon applying additional Withered stacks then with increased duration, some socketed faster casting and maybe Arcane Surge you'll be able to do the same thing you could do before. Maybe a little slower

This is a buff if you think about it, because Blight is now more effective against bosses now. However it's a nerf to the Spell Totem + Wither meta. But that's my opinion. I think it's not that bad... I really dislike the "spell totem + skill" meta just for a few more points in damage.
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Feb 24, 2019, 9:24:56 PM
Bane - Temp Chains - Despair - Enfeeble - Warlord's Mark - Poacher's Mark

Those last two are there purely for the damage boost AND cos they give you their respective charges (no use for power charges here).

The only support gem that could possibly compete with the damage boost another curse gives is Efficacy, simply because it also gives a bit of skill effect duration. Also keep in mind that linking more active curse gems won't raise the mana cost of the skill, while linking more support gems will. That said, using support gems means you don't need to increase your max curse limit as much, which lessens gear pressure.

Edit: Forgot that more linked curses also increase the skill duration. So Efficacy is subpar too, albeit more gearing requirements still counterbalance that.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 24, 2019, 9:52:34 PM
"
Fasclaro wrote:
this has probably been stated already but from the video being played it looks like its just an updated ed/contagion thing going on here. You are better than this ggg this is like blizzard style lazy.

Just cos they showed both together doesn't mean they need to be used together. Soulrend is fine on its own, it doesn't have any direct interaction with Bane. And Bane could possibly be fine on its own as well, if it's damage can get high enough. ED and Contagion directly reference each other, these don't.
Good to get rid of the 2 jewel sockets for Blight(and possibly the skill)...

Good to have mana leech with Soulrend...

Bad to hear skill improvements to render them a Caustic Arrow playing style...

Hope to hear more good news about Dark Pact...

Want to write something about current chaos skills(maybe better for the next patch)...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
To further our effort to improve Chaos Skills, we've also changed the Blight threshold jewel. Previously, the Spreading Rot jewel caused enemies affected by Blight's Hinder to take 50% increased Chaos Damage. This damage bonus was significant enough that we had to balance chaos skills around using Blight and Spreading Rot.

perfect change, awesome
very naisu AYAYA Clap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info