SO why do we have to trade like savages when this exist?

Increasing the drop rates would ruin the game for me. I like having to play well rather than let my equipment trivialize the game for me.
The real issue is the assumption that trade can only be easy search hard exchange or hard search easy exchange.

The threat to POE from easy search and easy exchange is power inflation leading to easy defeating of content. Over time the quality of available items will increase, driving down item costs, and make awesome items affordable. While truly amazing gear would retain its sky high elite pricing and therefore not be widely available. This pricing would inevitably lead to speculation and the new game would be trading on the market. All these effects were on full display for the first year of Diablo 3.

I think the real fix might run in a totally different direction. I'm not a game designer, but what if item availability were limited some other way. For instance, if after trading, it bound to account or character. This would allow people to trade unneeded quality items without the permanence of the quality gear being constantly available. It would maintain pressure on peoples stash tabs ($$$ for GGG). It would reduce the frustration of running maps endlessly without ever seeing a single upgrade.

I believe an auction house would make this the perfect game for me and I would accept some other limitations on gear availability. Currently, I still spend hours searching on poe.trade for my items instead of actually killing monsters to find the items. This is a larger problem for my retention than the ease i can auction items.
Last edited by gargemell311 on Jan 16, 2019, 9:06:49 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
I heard that trade market is terrible and they would love to have poe.trade like us

But seriously GGG. If you insist on staying with this barbaric last century trade chat method of trading at least give us a modern 21st century PoE smart phone trade selling app so at least my whispers get to the seller via instant messaging. Ignoring use of our smart phones in 2019 to alert sellers to a buyer in real time is totally bad for business. It is like being a company that doesn't answer customer phone calls. Only the no-lifers can sell with this garbage excuse for a trade function (having to be logged into the game). We (most players) are not in-game but for a few hours a day (at most and not every single day) but we go through our real lives every day with our cell phones.

GGG, wake up and get with the 2019 communication times!

Trade alerts on your phone...for a computer game...that's serious no-lifer territory.
This is my question. If ggg will implement like what op is suggesting, will trading using poe.trade or other sites no longer function or possible? If not, then can we just treat this as an additional option for players who want to trade?
"

Yeah, imagine if you could do that in 10 minutes rather than an hour. I guess that would kill the game.

Perhaps for you an hour is meaningless, but *my* time is valuable. Crappy trade means my time is wasted.

Then go play on SSF and stop whinning,
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Imagine buying maps instantly instead of waiting for 10 minutes.

Oh wait, this will make the overpriced map stash tab less appealing and will deny GGG some money, never mind.

Imagine sorting through THOUSANDS of pages of trash items with 5 life to finally find that one rare item that has T1 life but has shitty resists and you need to search again

Oh wait, this would make literally 80% of playerbase ragequit this game after 2 days.

So you wont be able to search for items with 80+ life why? Ever tried using an AH btw?
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Imagine buying maps instantly instead of waiting for 10 minutes.

Oh wait, this will make the overpriced map stash tab less appealing and will deny GGG some money, never mind.

Imagine sorting through THOUSANDS of pages of trash items with 5 life to finally find that one rare item that has T1 life but has shitty resists and you need to search again

Oh wait, this would make literally 80% of playerbase ragequit this game after 2 days.

So you wont be able to search for items with 80+ life why? Ever tried using an AH btw?

You cant. You can only search for items with LIFE, not with 80 LIFE. Thats how "AH" works in PoE.
Never seen that one before. In D3 you could search for specific affixes and number range and sort through things like DPS the same way you can do on poe.trade. Maybe if GGG do make an AH they'll intentionally make it bad to show us how bad the AH is?
I am talking about AH that already exist in PoE - on Xbox.
So you can use the AH to trade for currency and maps while using the poe.trade for item trades. Seems like a huge improvement already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info