SO why do we have to trade like savages when this exist?

"
Reinhart wrote:
Can anyone explain me what is so difficult about trading in Path of Exile?

sometimes when I alt+tab to acces poe.trade I will encounter this

The only thing that sucks about trading is selling, because i need to stop what im doing and endure masses of whisper spam, typically long after the items been sold.

Buyings not so bad. I actually enjoy stopping by others hideouts.

To be frank, having a shop in my hideout would be a best of both worlds.

Have a shop decoration, place in hideout. Allow me to decorate around it ect.

Then i place items into it that get advertised, someone copies the trade code, which isnt a whisper but a code, allowing them to enter my hideout, places currency in and item related to code is displayed, transaction complete, meanwhile im running maps.

Yes i think the failed mmorpg system of open shops would work as POE's final form of trading.

Now i never need to worry about someone being AFK, or offline, and i can sell stuff without it chopping up my limited gametime. It gives motives to decorate since people are going to be visiting, and it retains that folksy barter trade feels that GGG seems to wank off to.
just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Jan 16, 2019, 11:18:26 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"

Yeah, imagine if you could do that in 10 minutes rather than an hour. I guess that would kill the game.

Perhaps for you an hour is meaningless, but *my* time is valuable. Crappy trade means my time is wasted.

Then go play on SSF and stop whinning,

Hmmm... Your definition of whining is seriously lacking (and your spelling of it too). You can take your childish advice elsewhere; it has no effect on me. If I wanted to play SSF, I would.
- here's my sig
Like it or not, sooner or later something has got to change for trading in this game, especially for maps and the small stuff.

It’s so archaic it isn’t funny, and the developers keep parroting that line about gear progression. By the way, PoE trade doesn’t gimp gear progression that much, but simply introduces a fk-ton of obstacles that makes the trading experience unpleasant. It’s like getting from point A to B while being dragged from a rope behind a car; it’s not much slower, but a helluva more painful.

PoE gets away with this because they’re the current king of the hill. Won’t take that much time or effort for another game to come by and eclipse it, especially if it has better trading.
Last edited by Hayrich on Jan 16, 2019, 11:44:41 PM
While I love the idea of a mini AH for low maps and small orbs, it would open GGG to a flood of demands of improvements to said system and eventually they would be forced to crack.

GGG has made concession in the past and given up core fundamentals like open loot allocation for the betterment of the game but I can understand why they fear opening the floodgates with an auction house would eventually be their doom.

Improvements to the indexers can help with a lot of issues, particularly remove items from listing as soon as they are sold or removed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
While I love the idea of a mini AH for low maps and small orbs, it would open GGG to a flood of demands of improvements to said system and eventually they would be forced to crack.

GGG has made concession in the past and given up core fundamentals like open loot allocation for the betterment of the game but I can understand why they fear opening the floodgates with an auction house would eventually be their doom.

Improvements to the indexers can help with a lot of issues, particularly remove items from listing as soon as they are sold or removed.

The loot allocation thing highlights a very important point: Chris can be wrong, and still continue to be wrong in his opinion even as he is forced to renege. People who persist in using that ancient manifesto about not having a trading house ought to know this.
Just watched the video. Wow! I wish we had that.

I guess I now understand why people from East Asia refer to the western world as "suckers" and "barbarians". It's insane we don't have this level of QOL in our PoE and that there are actually people here that are saying not having this is a good thing.
Last edited by coatofarms on Jan 17, 2019, 12:04:28 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
Can anyone explain me what is so difficult about trading in Path of Exile?

Its not. It generally takes as much time to trade someone as it does to walk to a Mailbox, with the added benefit that you dont even have to search for the item yourself, since you can just enter parameters into what is effectively and AH bot(whoops) on PoE.Trade and you are good to go.

This is one of the key arguments that really annoys me when people start parroting how an AH would ruin gear progression. What, PoE.Trade doesn't? You know I acquire stuff even faster simply by the improved search function of 3rd party sites, compared to any sort of in-game AH I have ever used?

The only time trade ever breaks down is if:
The item is not worth enough for the seller to leave what he was doing.
The item was so underpriced its already been sold.
The item has already been sold and its just not updating.

Thats it. All other times if I have the currency, I have the item I want within 1-2 minutes top. You can be fully end-game geared and ready to go in minutes if you can afford it, and hey, you can, since items generally go up in price exponentially instead of linearly. That 1c ring is just 10-15 life/resist/whatever smaller than the 30c one.

I have never had a single issue trading for any big ticket item. Ever. Once I get the required currency to get that Starforge, 6l, Atziri, whatever I'm building at the time, I message the guy, and go buy it. 1 minute. Done.

This notion that its so difficult and it makes it so hard to gear and an AH would ruin progression is just a bullshit excuse. PoE.Trade already ruins progression. Hell, in my opinion it makes it worse. Because you just set the parameters on 10 different items and actually go play. Meaning the 1 hour you may have spent manually searching an AH is instead spent churning more currency and items into the economy, since a bot is doing all the searching for you. Oh, got a whoop? Lets see if I want that. No, ok back to playing!

To me its all or nothing. If you want to make trading difficult then so be it. Make it difficult. Not this sham of a system we have now that is basically a 3rd party AH that has built-in search bots. And then have the audacity to tell me bullshit like an AH would is so much worse and would make it too easy.

Last edited by Destructodave on Jan 17, 2019, 12:28:09 AM
this guy on the video bought a map faster and in more convinient way than i do.
any development manifesto for THIS certain example that explains why this guy must have FAR more convinient process for buying maps than i do?
because the response from chris wilson doesnt explain this certain case.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Jan 17, 2019, 2:00:31 AM
XBox here. Can confirm the ease of transactions while also flagging to only return results for people who are currently online. Very nice and most of the time a transaction is quick and completed in minutes while you continue playing.

However, searching for anything specific is a slog like you wouldn't believe. And the pricing is all over the place. You can normally guage a median value to place an offer by checking comps in the neighborhood.

Some hybrid of the two systems would be nice for everyone, but likely more feasable to apply on PC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info