SO why do we have to trade like savages when this exist?

GGG is obsessed with player retention and they are basing their game design on ideology "preventing players from having what they want will increase player retention".

"
On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for.

While for any person on opposite ends of spectrum are "easy search easy trade" and "difficult search difficult trade", for GGG on opposite sides are "easy search difficult trade" and "difficult search easy trade". The reason why is the ideology "preventing players from having what they want" - in any case trade have to be difficult. Taking into account goods we are trading already aren't came from nowhere and are result of many hours of grind, GGG is adding artificial difficulties on top of this process believing this will improve their game.

In scenario where player is trying to buy regular map for 5 minutes without result, for GGG imagine reaction of player, i guess, is "oh yes, i need to spend more time on this game", while in reality reaction of player often is "i'm tired of this shit, better i spend my time on something else instead of this game". This is depressing how blind people in GGG have to be to not understand this.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Jan 15, 2019, 9:30:08 AM
I wish that people like the OP and the like would learn the difference between asking for new features to be implemented... and whining and demanding GGG change the game to fit their playstyle.

This is the real world OP. At some point you need to learn that; whining doesnt always get your way and that you are going to hear "no" a lot outside of your echo chamber.

Besides when facing adversity WINNERS find a way to step up and overcome. On the other hand LOSERS whine about having the rules changed to make things easier for them.

Which are you going to be?
"
vempire_ghost wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
I heard that trade market is terrible and they would love to have poe.trade like us

If we can have both and choose what we want to use?

Horrible idea. Almost everybody will hop on the easier trading system and it'll only show how bad the current one is.
"
GGG is obsessed with player retention and they are basing their game design on ideology "preventing players from having what they want will increase player retention".

"
On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for.

While for any person on opposite ends of spectrum are "easy search easy trade" and "difficult search difficult trade", for GGG on opposite sides are "easy search difficult trade" and "difficult search easy trade". The reason why is the ideology "preventing players from having what they want" - in any case trade have to be difficult. Taking into account goods we are trading already aren't came from nowhere and are result of many hours of grind, GGG is adding artificial difficulties on top of this process believing this will improve their game.

In scenario where player is trying to buy regular map for 5 minutes without result, for GGG imagine reaction of player, i guess, is "oh yes, i need to spend more time on this game", while in reality reaction of player often is "i'm tired of this shit, better i spend my time on something else instead of this game". This is depressing hope blind people in GGG have to be to not understand this.

So you think GGG wants to cater to the lowest common denominator? If they did that people would also leave in droves, the ones that have stuck with the game over years.

If you try to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one. People quitting is OK... Why is it so hard to understand that. Some games are not meant for some people. Too bad we have the "entitled generation" that thinks everything should be changed to cater their whims. Well, reality check bucko... play PoE as is, or leave. If enough people with your opinion quit then they will change the game... BYE!
"
fomori2 wrote:
So you think GGG wants to cater to the lowest common denominator? If they did that people would also leave in droves, the ones that have stuck with the game over years.

If you try to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one. People quitting is OK... Why is it so hard to understand that. Some games are not meant for some people. Too bad we have the "entitled generation" that thinks everything should be changed to cater their whims. Well, reality check bucko... play PoE as is, or leave. If enough people with your opinion quit then they will change the game... BYE!

Mindlessly whiteknighting GGG and attacking other players for having different opinion just to feel satisfaction from self-entitlement... "entitled generation" huh? Thankfully script for enhancing forum experience can handle this. Bye!
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Seriously just make this type of trading another in store purchase. I'd gift it to a couple people on the forum so I could stop seeing X SCAMMED ME posts when I wake up trying to enjoy my coffee. LMFAO!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Seriously just make this type of trading another in store purchase. I'd gift it to a couple people on the forum so I could stop seeing X SCAMMED ME posts when I wake up trying to enjoy my coffee. LMFAO!

Yeah, because that totally wouldn't be ten huge steps beyond TencentGGG's admittedly unique and quite austere threshold for 'pay to win' and cause a small fucking apocalype in the playerbase.

Prior to tencent GGG made it PTW with premium stash tabs being able to list I don't see the difference here \ O _ 0 /
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"

Yeah, because that totally wouldn't be ten huge steps beyond TencentGGG's admittedly unique and quite austere threshold for 'pay to win' and cause a small fucking apocalype in the playerbase.

Prior to tencent GGG made it PTW with premium stash tabs being able to list I don't see the difference here \ O _ 0 /

You dont need premium stash tabs to list items. Its just QoL.
The system is ok.

I play on xbox. The system is not perfect and could use a few tweaks to make it better.

If you want to sell your items you need the premium stash tabs. (Pay to Win)

You have to set a price for it each item. Or just put the item in there and hope for a reasonable offer to come in for it.

Some problems are that folks do not respond right away, or if they do not put a price in and you offer something it can be declined, but they won't come back with a counteroffer.

There is no Buy Out option wish there was.

Looking for a specific stat is hard to find in there, have to use < > in your searches to make it a bit easier (if you just search life you get all the items that have life anywhere in the description, if your search life % you get all the items that have Life and % anywhere in the description. so you have to use <life %> or something like that, I forget as I do not use it often)
"
xPeleusx wrote:

If you want to sell your items you need the premium stash tabs. (Pay to Win)

Only on console.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info