SO why do we have to trade like savages when this exist?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I don't disagree either. Chris does.

Guess who decides?

Although I don't disagree, I think it's a much bigger decision with greater repercussions for the game than mere players can see. Were it a clear win-win for all, TencentGGG would have done it. So once players stop thinking only about themselves, maybe they can wonder what it is about the current trade system over the 'trade market' that the devs find preferable in their version of the game. But probably not. 'I want, I want, I want' is pretty much as far as discussions on here get.

The worst thing about this issue is that the existing trade system was meant to be a placeholder until GGG could figure out how to do the forum-based asynchronous escrow-style trading they'd planned to put in from 2012 onward. I get the feeling even if TencentGGG were to whip that system out tomorrow, it'd be too late. Players are used to something far more instantaneous and convenient. Players rejected the placeholder and created their own trade system. It was so good GGG had to just copy it, and even then only as a backup in case poe.trade ever went down or was compromised.

I think the Trade Market is inevitable even for the international PC version of PoE, unless the devs have something really amazing up their sleeves for 2019 regarding trade.

This is one hell of a corner they've painted themselves into.

Ask our Chinese fellows, how do they feel about their trading system... And then show them, how you trade maps and the like in rest of the world. Sure, they'll laugh it off for very, VERY long...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
We have to do it because GGG think we're not worth it.
One of the main reasons why i quitted PoE.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 16, 2019, 3:39:24 AM
A trade system like the Chinese one works fine for items without stats like currency or white maps but it's complete dogshit for gear since you can't search for specific stats or stat values. I'd rather keep what we have now than that.
Imagine buying maps instantly instead of waiting for 10 minutes.

Oh wait, this will make the overpriced map stash tab less appealing and will deny GGG some money, never mind.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
A trade system like the Chinese one works fine for items without stats like currency or white maps but it's complete dogshit for gear since you can't search for specific stats or stat values. I'd rather keep what we have now than that.

And current system is dogshit for consumables and currency.

So why cant we have an AH for currency/consumables, AT LEAST???
It would be a fine compromise, no?

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Oh wait, this will make the overpriced map stash tab less appealing and will deny GGG some money, never mind.

They can sell AH access for $$$ to compensate, you know.
Not an issue.
I bet, everyone and his grandma would pay for that access, if price isnt far too high.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 16, 2019, 5:49:39 AM
The problem:

You're all too prone to "hype" and have been giving too much money "for free" in exchange of often meaningless so-called improvements.

More on that:

The game is following a F2P design with all the issues that encompasses, yet it is not a "really" F2P (except for masochists or really super poor people).

Instead of getting hyped like crack-addicts and paying upfront as I see so many do, perhaps go experience truly what they offer then decide what it's worth.

Each time there are threads like that (which I agree with wholeheartedly), I remember 4 facts:

1. POE initially needed funding for development. This time is long gone and buying packs upfront is like giving money to EA for pre-release sales nowadays.
2. POE started as a very innovative game. The potion system is a good example of that. Then it went F2P design nuts. Drop rates, the fact that we had things like 2342423 different "nets" (bestiary), or that zero true improvement about trading features are perfect examples of that. All those tie to the drastic way we're artificially hindered in progressing characters.
3. There's either no testing being done (any self-respecting testers / QA department would not see those bugs and issues out), or... As I suspect they're abusing management research which say "customers are happier when you solve a problem than if you give them a problem free product in the first place". There's been way too many little things "fixed" really quickly and so on. Also this indirectly ties with the "hype" philosophy a.k.a "appearances are everything".
4. (Recent thought) You're probably getting too much money, too easily, if you: A. Sell your company so easily, and B. Send most of the staff in holiday during a busy Christmas period.

Also about streamers if anyone's interested:

Why do they focus on them so much regarding balance and all other things?

A. Well, they're basically a massive marketing department that is (mostly)free for you and actually partly paid for by the gamer's themselves.
B. They provide huge visibility, but also if they drop out of the game because content is lacking (from their 8+h / day perspective) they will "no matter what" both give a negative view of the game and take a good chunk of their audience with them which is detrimental to Tencent's earnings. That's one of the reason why casuals are so... in trouble trying to achieve anything. (note: a casu is 2-3h a week at best. Which delve depth do you think you're gonna reach like that in 1 league?)

Don't mistake those words above, I really like the game. It's just a pity that early support system translated over time in some kind of upfront blind hype payment system which is unlikely to see real problems addressed. Future 4.0 may prove me wrong. (At least they took heed off a few past messages such as the fact that relying 100% on poe.trade was strategically not sound since people would drop in droves without at least a trading websites)

Message to GGG: I'll 100% make a good value "support payment" the day you release good trade functionalities. (no AH, just some of those 3rd parties apps built in the game will do)
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Imagine sorting through THOUSANDS of pages of trash items with 5 life to finally find that one rare item that has T1 life but has shitty resists and you need to search again

Oh wait, this would make literally 80% of playerbase ragequit this game after 2 days.
Thats funny.

I can completely respec my lvl 100 on BSC right now.

And fully equip him with a complete gear set including gems in under an hour.

Yet somehow, all these whiners and QQ about having to do some copying and pasting to trade.

All people ever do is beat the dead horse around here, I wish GGG would just implement an action house and kill trading all together so I dont have to read anymore shit posts tbh.
"
Thats funny.

I can completely respec my lvl 100 on BSC right now.

And fully equip him with a complete gear set including gems in under an hour.

Yet somehow, all these whiners and QQ about having to do some copying and pasting to trade.

Yeah, imagine if you could do that in 10 minutes rather than an hour. I guess that would kill the game.

Perhaps for you an hour is meaningless, but *my* time is valuable. Crappy trade means my time is wasted.

"
I wish GGG would just implement an action house and kill trading all together so I dont have to read anymore shit posts tbh.

Honestly, I think this game would be a much, much better experience if trade were simply removed from the game and drop rates drastically increased so the average player can expect to find most desirable items by simply playing.

I realize that many players love playing the economy, and that wouldn't work for them. But I'm betting that for every one economy player, there are 10 or more players who just want to kill mobs and drop shiny items.
- here's my sig
"
Aynix wrote:
I heard that trade market is terrible and they would love to have poe.trade like us

* Fake News *
Or at least Chinese censored info.

But seriously GGG. If you insist on staying with this barbaric last century trade chat method of trading at least give us a modern 21st century PoE smart phone trade selling app so at least my whispers get to the seller via instant messaging. Ignoring use of our smart phones in 2019 to alert sellers to a buyer in real time is totally bad for business. It is like being a company that doesn't answer customer phone calls. Only the no-lifers can sell with this garbage excuse for a trade function (having to be logged into the game). We (most players) are not in-game but for a few hours a day (at most and not every single day) but we go through our real lives every day with our cell phones.

GGG, wake up and get with the 2019 communication times!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info