[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

With the removal of the crit floor is it still worth it to pick ele overload early? I plan on leveling with storm brand 28, I guess it should be fine as long as I don't use controlled destruction, right?
"
eniiqma wrote:
Thanks to Lyxara for looking into the tree and confirming my thoughts of this build being very good as a league starter again with the new infused channeling gem.

My only question is do we know yet how much the "veiled mod (non-Chaos added as extra Chaos)" changes to the crafting table will hurt us dps wise?

Not yet, but I think it won't affect us that bad, seeing some of the synthesis items to be really strong there will be something that adds up or even pushes our dps higher than before.

"
wallsh1 wrote:

POB's DPS is per projectile, so you have to multiply it by the amount of projectiles you have depending on gmp/lmp/dying sun. Also, winter orb "overlaps" it's projectiles onto it's targets, so it's difficult to truly estimate it' DPS since it's dependent somewhat on that overlapping.
#######
Ah ok I was wondering if it was something like that, thank you! I am currently struggling between BV (my league starter for last 3 leagues) or WO. I know BV works I have done uber every league with it but with that 20% nerf I am wondering if it makes more sense to change. What do you think>?

Tbh, BV will be fine. It's just a taste from there on, being BV you scale off phys dmg + you HAVE to be melee and are not free to run around, Worb scales off spell damage and you can move around freely, avoiding stuff. If you killed Uelder every league with BV I don't think you will have any trouble with either skill.

"
RobJordan wrote:
With the removal of the crit floor is it still worth it to pick ele overload early? I plan on leveling with storm brand 28, I guess it should be fine as long as I don't use controlled destruction, right?
Yes, I feel the same way - the crit will be a bit too low on storm brand for my taste, maybe the brand activation is fast enough tho to keep it up, it's something to try out during our leveling in A2. Be sure to pick up "Infused Channeling Support" in A1 asap to level it in a free gem slot or in your offhand weapons for Word when you hit lvl 28 (it should be available at level 4, because before it was Storm Barrier Support which was available at level 4)
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 7, 2019, 5:59:15 PM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
RobJordan wrote:
Yes, I feel the same way - the crit will be a bit too low on storm brand for my taste, maybe the brand activation is fast enough tho to keep it up, it's something to try out during our leveling in A2. Be sure to pick up "Infused Channeling Support" in A1 asap to level it in a free gem slot or in your offhand weapons for Word when you hit lvl 28 (it should be available at level 4, because before it was Storm Barrier Support which was available at level 4)

For Storm Brand:

Before: min[5.5% (base crit chance) - 5.5%*100% (controlled destruction), 5% (floor crit chance)]=5% crit chance to proc ele overload
Now: 5.5% from base crit chance since we don't use controlled destruction?

Is that how it works or am I missing something? In this case ele overload rush should be slightly better than before, right? Or are you just worried that storm brand won't proc reliably? What were you using to proc before?

On the other hand, Infused Channeling, don't regular vendor gems level up in a pace similar to what they would if picked up? In that case it wouldn't matter picking it early or at level 28, and you won't have to worry about a gem slot for it. Also you save a wisdom scroll for id'ing some juicy level 4 blue item lol
Last edited by RobJordan on Mar 7, 2019, 6:13:48 PM
How important is phase acro?
Since we are on page 81, it will be hard to find for new players or interested people into the 3.6 changes and how the tree changes and stuff.

I made a new write up here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451894

nothing special just a place to gather the questions and give other people a chance to find an updated version ;)

"
RobJordan wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
RobJordan wrote:

For Storm Brand:

Before: min[5.5% (base crit chance) - 5.5%*100% (controlled destruction), 5% (floor crit chance)]=5% crit chance to proc ele overload
Now: 5.5% from base crit chance since we don't use controlled destruction?

Is that how it works or am I missing something? In this case ele overload rush should be slightly better than before, right? Or are you just worried that storm brand won't proc reliably? What were you using to proc before?

On the other hand, Infused Channeling, don't regular vendor gems level up in a pace similar to what they would if picked up? In that case it wouldn't matter picking it early or at level 28, and you won't have to worry about a gem slot for it. Also you save a wisdom scroll for id'ing some juicy level 4 blue item lol

Ele overload is the second big keynote I go for, yes. Yes, my bad it doesn't matter if you pick it up early or not, I just tend to have my gems asap in a slot with me :D

"
DonkeyBoy wrote:
How important is phase acro?

Since we have Incursion as a core mechanic and in general a lot of spell projectiles in the game, it feels a lot better to have it in my opinion. But as said before, my skilltree should be a guideline to your own one. Change as it fits for you and enjoy it :)
We still can use controlled destruction I think
WO
GMP
Hypothermia
CD
Infused Channelling
Cold Pen/Added Cold (may have fallen alot)/ Empower 4

To overcome the crit loss to proc Ele Overload
Path to Trickery (20% crit chance near shadow) and Light of Divinity (20% crit chance near templar) and pair that with Ice Golem which will give your WO around 4.2% crit chance which I think is enough to proc Ele Overload consistently
"
We still can use controlled destruction I think
WO
GMP
Hypothermia
CD
Infused Channelling
Cold Pen/Added Cold (may have fallen alot)/ Empower 4

To overcome the crit loss to proc Ele Overload
Path to Trickery (20% crit chance near shadow) and Light of Divinity (20% crit chance near templar) and pair that with Ice Golem which will give your WO around 4.2% crit chance which I think is enough to proc Ele Overload consistently

Or use Zealoustry for MORE spell damage and crit rate.

As a reminder, please use the new updated thread to this build for 3.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451894
"
Lyxara wrote:
As a reminder, please use the new updated thread to this build for 3.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451894

thanks dude for your work
im going again to play winter orb for clear speed :D (it will be even better)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info