[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

"
Tanaomit wrote:
I was genuinely curious if this build could do end-game, cause Ziz seemed convinced that it could definitely NOT do Uber Elder, yet you said you did it day 3. Are you going to record any videos so we can see it in action?

As for the guide, beautifully written & very informative, well done man.

I'm actually a BV elementalist right now, but I also did it last league, so I'm kind of bored of it. I'm tempted to switch it to this, since I'm already lvl 91, have all the ascendancy stuff & some of the gear is shared. Hmmm ...

ill have to teach myself how to upload to youtube for videos and such.

Personally i dont think Ziz built winter orb correctly, i feel his setup is more efficent for farming t10-t12 maps and uses Vaal BV as a crutch for single target.
IGN Suck
"
Epsomsalts wrote:
Good build guide, I'm currently running Ziz's kaom's Winter orb with the 6 link gloves, but if I do get a pandemonious I think I'll respec over to be more similar to your build instead of running cold to fire.

My question is does the damage over time on efficacy apply to winter orb at all? Does it apply to ailments or something.

Basically you use efficacy because it provides %more spell damage and increased duration. Theres not alot of other choices as winter orb only receives 60% effect from added damage gems such as added cold, ice bit, added lightning etc.
IGN Suck
Hi,

Nicely done post, I just have a question regarding the skill gems - why shouldn't we take Ice Bite instead of Cold Pen and Increased Duration instead of Efficacy ?

Thanks!
"
dom1nat3 wrote:
Hi,

Nicely done post, I just have a question regarding the skill gems - why shouldn't we take Ice Bite instead of Cold Pen and Increased Duration instead of Efficacy ?

Thanks!

Winter orb has terrible damage effectiveness making ice bite subpar. And efficacy adds 20% more spell damage and duration as increased duration just scales duration which isnt really important outside of trash clear which you can just stack up to full stacks within 2-3 seconds from 0.

if all you are doing is farming low tier stuff, use increase duration gem for QOL.
IGN Suck
Last edited by drasch21 on Dec 24, 2018, 11:48:58 PM
Uploaded some videos!
IGN Suck
It seems shade of solaris the lvl30 unique is 70c+ now instead of 10c lol
added cold damage, even with the 60% flat dmg effectiveness is still 3-4% better than a lv4 empower according to pob.
im runnin mf winter orb no problem up to t 16 map clear speed is amazing but killin boses pain in the ass never though someone do bosskiller winter orb when there is bv arc trapper etcs who one shots bosses lol
Found a carcass jack 6link, is it still worth going for inpulsa ?
"
Ulinka wrote:
Found a carcass jack 6link, is it still worth going for inpulsa ?

its hard to overstate how good inpulsa is for clear. carcass jack doesnt even come close. you can sell that for most of a 6L inpulsa though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info