[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

Is it still safe to build this build lol the same way it’s written by you sir? Reading that the WO is not gonna be affected by a huge nerf, is it still recommendable to build on 3.6? I play standard due the lack of time to keep up with the league so let me know if still good for all content!
Thank you!
Last edited by s4muraiii on Mar 7, 2019, 3:41:02 PM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
Vadriel_73 wrote:
Hi all,i have a question as a newbie.

Would it make sense to use "CWC" and "Ice Spear" for more single target damage?

Maybe...

Winter Orb - Cast While Channeling - Ice Spear - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Hypothermia or Cold Penetration - Infused Channeling Support

and

Why do you invest so many points in the skill tree to pick up "Divine Judgement" and not try to reach DMG notes on the way to "Heart of Ice"?

Worb + Ice Spear is possible, yes - EE has a guide on that on an inquisitor, which can be done on elementalist as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_YrtKRi3c

on the way to divine judgement there is a bunch of life + a 2-point jewel node is also right there, which is a huge point in terms of damage.

You can switch up the skilltree as you see it fit, if you wanna go Heart of Ice why not. It's more dps output with less point investment, but you miss out a jewel slot ;)

Thank you! It's been a while since I played PoE, i don't know the power of Jewel Sockets. :)

Maybe i try to pick up "Heart of Ice" instead of "Divine Judgement" but still pick the life notes around "Devotion".
And in north of "Sentinel" is a easy to get jewel slot too...
"
s4muraiii wrote:
Is it still safe to build this build lol the same way it’s wrtitten by you sir? Reading that the WO is not gonna be affected by a huge nerf, is it still recommendable to build on 3.6? I play standard due the lack of time to keep up with the league so let me know if still good for all content!
Thank you!

That's my take on the build, but there's plenty of other choices to go with the tree. OP doesn't update as it seems
"
Lyxara wrote:

https://pastebin.com/NmZADXCB
keep in mind Controlled Destruction is swapped out for Infused Channeling Support

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
I think I will build this build the same way, its an awesome build. I will check back to see if things are a bit different as far as the tree goes.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Thank you, Lyxara! I think I might try this as a league starter now. :D
None of the other builds I've been interested in have updated for 3.6 either so I was kind of getting desperate.
Last edited by Momopooka on Mar 7, 2019, 4:44:59 PM
"
Momopooka wrote:
None of the other builds I've been interested in have updated for 3.6 either so I was kind of getting desperate.

Glad I could help, I'll give some updates as the league is a few days in & I hope other people do aswell :D
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
Momopooka wrote:

Glad I could help, I'll give some updates as the league is a few days in & I hope other people do aswell :D

is it normal for the DPS to look so low? 50k dps sounds REALLY bad but I know some skills display DPS in a very different way.
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Thanks to Lyxara for looking into the tree and confirming my thoughts of this build being very good as a league starter again with the new infused channeling gem.

My only question is do we know yet how much the "veiled mod (non-Chaos added as extra Chaos)" changes to the crafting table will hurt us dps wise?
"
wallsh1 wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
Momopooka wrote:

is it normal for the DPS to look so low? 50k dps sounds REALLY bad but I know some skills display DPS in a very different way.

POB's DPS is per projectile, so you have to multiply it by the amount of projectiles you have depending on gmp/lmp/dying sun. Also, winter orb "overlaps" it's projectiles onto it's targets, so it's difficult to truly estimate it' DPS since it's dependent somewhat on that overlapping.

[/quote] POB's DPS is per projectile, so you have to multiply it by the amount of projectiles you have depending on gmp/lmp/dying sun. Also, winter orb "overlaps" it's projectiles onto it's targets, so it's difficult to truly estimate it' DPS since it's dependent somewhat on that overlapping. [/quote]

Ah ok I was wondering if it was something like that, thank you! I am currently struggling between BV (my league starter for last 3 leagues) or WO. I know BV works I have done uber every league with it but with that 20% nerf I am wondering if it makes more sense to change. What do you think>?
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Last edited by wallsh1 on Mar 7, 2019, 5:42:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info