[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

Where did u hide bandits?
Great Guide!
This is my first real league (played the last 2 weeks of delve but only got to t10-13 maps); so basically my first time playing POE.
I've done both Shaper (@ lvl 84 ~5.4k EHP) and Uber Elder (@lvl 92 ~6k EHP) with this set-up (not quite sure how to link my gear so you can look at it) but I've probably invested around 20ex into the build.
My starter was Demi's Slayer Lacerate guide but I wasn't able to do get past Shaper because I'm bad at the game; tried Shaper like 4-5 times, used all 6 portals and still couldn't get him to 20% cull range hp LOL. But I did learn the mechanics of Shaper from those failures which helped on the fight with my WO character. Uber Elder was still a sh** show though (literally first time fighting him). FYI I killed him on the last portal and then I died because I didn't know he explodes when he dies so no loot. GG I suck.

Ranged characters = OP.
Single Target damage is fine.

My gear for Uber Elder:

FYI: I corrupted my empower myself, the first good corruption in 20+ vaals and 2-3 gem altars. RNGesus take the wheel. Also 90% of my gems are 0% quality.

@Shaper kill: Didn't have Pandemonius and didn't have Green Nightmare.
(1)had a regular rare amulet with literally only + all attributes, +life and +res and (2) didn't have the Green Nightmare jewel area allocated.

feels good man
"
PHOENNlX wrote:
code blue

The shield "The Unshattered Will"

T1 Budget option

2nd this. Damage is great. Good Life and resistances.

Been buying and corrupting a few...so far I have this:

Still trying to find the right mix. I've killed Uber Elder, but looking for more (as always).

Great Build! So far I am running this:

I switch to Kaom's for the boots. Still working on the gloves, boots and belt for the optimal build (elemental attack does nothing).

This is a great guide, and can't wait to max it out.

Too bad this didn't work on the elemental side...

Gotta love Standerd...
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Last edited by MourningBlade on Feb 11, 2019, 7:37:30 PM
maybe this has been covered, but i can't read 66 pages to find out - OP has 4L set-up with CWDT/IC/IncDur/VaalRF - why Vaal RF ?? - vaal skills cannot be cast with CWDT - it would cast the reg version of RF - NO?
would appreciate a comment from ANYONE WHO KNOWS 4 SURE - mucho thx !
"
Badfox14 wrote:
maybe this has been covered, but i can't read 66 pages to find out - OP has 4L set-up with CWDT/IC/IncDur/VaalRF - why Vaal RF ?? - vaal skills cannot be cast with CWDT - it would cast the reg version of RF - NO?

u can cast vaal rf
since rf level is higher than CWDT's trigger, it wont trigger normal RF
Nearly finished my character. Still looking for boots with higher MS and the "60% Damage during Soul-gain preventation"-veiled mod for gloves to finalise them. Used a cheaper weapon version as I dind't want to pay 10ex just for the base and some more ele penetration...

Overall I invested around 40ex but managed to earn 30ex during the gearing process (Wrath Aul's Uprising, Watcher's Eye, Abysal Jewels). Most expansive was obviously the helmet (10ex base + entchant) but crafting went good.

Killed Uber Elder multiple times but up to now never deathless. I'm currently trying to include Kaom's root to see if this can improve my results.

Two questions:
1) Thinking about my elder ring: Is 'added damage against ignited enemies' working as an Elementalist? We are able to ignite, aren't we? If it is the case I assume it is better to keep the prefixes than multimodding, isn't it? I only paid 1.5ex for it and crafted aspect myself.
2) Will Kaom's root make the elder fight more easy? Up to now I mostly die due to the elder slow in the last phases.
3) Still not sure what are the best links for Winter orb. PoB says that 'Slower Projectiles' and 'Concentrated effect' will increase the dps significantly but also slow down the frequency. What are others using for bossing?
4) Does anyone see any obvious upgrades I don't see yet?

"
Gnomiro wrote:
Nearly finished my character. Still looking for boots with higher MS and the "60% Damage during Soul-gain preventation"-veiled mod for gloves to finalise them. Used a cheaper weapon version as I dind't want to pay 10ex just for the base and some more ele penetration...

Overall I invested around 40ex but managed to earn 30ex during the gearing process (Wrath Aul's Uprising, Watcher's Eye, Abysal Jewels). Most expansive was obviously the helmet (10ex base + entchant) but crafting went good.

Killed Uber Elder multiple times but up to now never deathless. I'm currently trying to include Kaom's root to see if this can improve my results.

Two questions:
1) Thinking about my elder ring: Is 'added damage against ignited enemies' working as an Elementalist? We are able to ignite, aren't we? If it is the case I assume it is better to keep the prefixes than multimodding, isn't it? I only paid 1.5ex for it and crafted aspect myself.
2) Will Kaom's root make the elder fight more easy? Up to now I mostly die due to the elder slow in the last phases.
3) Still not sure what are the best links for Winter orb. PoB says that 'Slower Projectiles' and 'Concentrated effect' will increase the dps significantly but also slow down the frequency. What are others using for bossing?
4) Does anyone see any obvious upgrades I don't see yet?

1. yes you can ignite, with chance to ignite on ring and on tree, and with confluxes, if you have any source if flat fire damage to spells, igniting is easy even outside of conflux

3. prefer slower proj over conc effect, slower projectile speed is not even noticeable lol
4. if you have open suffix on boots, you can craft 20-30% effect of nondamaging ailments so thats like 30% shock effectiveness, bringing shock multiplier from 20*1.3 (inpulsa) to 20*1.6
other upgrades are jewels with added damage to spells/ increased effect of shock
dying sun is also good, prefer it over wise oak

Reworked a lot on my build. Looking for a decently priced gloves and self farming my own winter-orb enchant..
Last edited by Plaux on Feb 12, 2019, 7:36:30 PM
"
"
Badfox14 wrote:

u can cast vaal rf
since rf level is higher than CWDT's trigger, it wont trigger normal RF

duh....of course.....you're right ! thanks for responding - much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info