[Leveling Guide] Speaker for the Dead | 74-minion Mass Summoner 💀

Love the artworks in the main guide and the way you express yourself, made me think you might be a writer.
I love minions - and your guide is very detailed, everything sounds reasonable and working and funny.

SO:
It will be my leaguestarter for this evening.

Thanks for your work.
Looks really amazing!

Could you please get a full skill tree up as soon as possible since I don't quite have the knowledge to make my own path from lvl69.

Also how viable is this for SSF?
The best guide ever!!!
Thank you very much for all details and hard work.
I love minions. Will be my league starter on Synthesis!
This is the most complete guide I think I've ever read. Thanks for all your work!
"
sseebbe wrote:
Looks really amazing!

Could you please get a full skill tree up as soon as possible since I don't quite have the knowledge to make my own path from lvl69.

Also how viable is this for SSF?

Belated, but yes, this is SSF viable; you'll want to check the relevant FAQ entry in the main guide for some SSF tips, though. Mostly info on how to adjust for not being able to buy perfect Elder/Shaper mods.
Hey, thanks for the masterwork of a guide.

I'm assuming they changed which gems were available from vendors in 3.6, since there are a few that are missing (e.g. Herald of Agony from Yeena after Intruders in Black), but waiting for A3/A6 isn't a huge deal.

For spectres, I used Alpine Shaman (ice spear goatmen from Ascent in Act 4, after killing Malachai) until A8. Slower cast speed than the Flame Sentinels, but better synergy with Wrath's new blanket cold damage buff, and the same extra engage distance as the Frost Sentinels.
Hi I new to this build i a bit confused about what gems get linked into what Gear i would be very great full for any help thanks
This was a phenomenal guide which I used as my league starter and I’m still enjoying it. This is the very first character I’ve played through to the Epilogue and started delving and mapping. These guides are very complete and after playing all the way through, I’ve got some feedback.

Here’s some things I wish I knew earlier.

If you cast a spell then remove it from your skill bar, the effect persists. In this case, summons with no timer and auras will stay active as long as the gem is slotted in your gear, whether it’s on your skill bar or not. Took me a while to figure out how to manage all the spells/summons.

The ones worth keeping on the skill bar are Summon Skeletons, Vaal Summon Skeletons, Shield Charge, and Charged Dash. I’d also recommend Summon Zombie because they do die (rarely) and will need resummoning

The rest of the skills on your bar are up to you.

You effectively have 2 skill bar setups, one for each weapon set. Spell effects will end if their gems are in your weapons and you swap (hotkey X). That means any summons or auras in your weapons will need to be recast once you swap back. I keep Desecrate in my alternate set so I can always spawn in Spectre corpses when needed.

That said, if you don’t want to micro-manage the slot for the Raise Spectre Gem, I’ve so far found it works just to spawn corpses in my Hideout with Desecrate, do what needs doing, then rez the corpses. Only caveat is to make sure you don’t accidentally unslot Desecrate or swap weapons (if it’s in your alternate) because the corpses will immediately despawn.

Ctrl+Left Click moves items from one window to another. I was dragging and dropping everything before a friend told me about this one...

I love this build and it lets me keep up with my higher level, more experienced friends. Thanks so much for sharing!
Last edited by TheDonPerignon on Mar 17, 2019, 7:10:02 PM
This is my first playthrough and first character and I'm loving this build so far but have resisted dropping the skill point into Elemental Equilibrium. I'm not "seeing" the reason for getting it (I'm just seeing the negative of the +25 resist enemies get!). I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here though!

Also, I managed to grab some +1 spectre items from friends (Queens Decree and Bones of Ullr) for a total of 4 Spectres. I'm loving it but it looks like in the build your not using those at all. Should I be looking for the specific ones mentioned in the build? It seems like, at least for now, that my Spectres and other minions are surviving ok but I suspect that will change at some point, I might as well be ready (though I'm going to cry losing my +2 extra spectres!)

Thanks again for such a great guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info