[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
RandallPOE wrote:
Hope people don't mind me posting this here

I am on 113 dex so 1 dex away from being able to use lvl 21 green gems, all the dex stats on my gear are maxed so can't divine or reroll crafted mods and don't want to use a point to get some on the tree.

I have a corrupted str/int Cyclopean Coil, wondering if anyone has a dex/int one they would be happy to swap for this one?

Obviously I don't want to lose any int so it would need to have 6% int/14% all attributes or 5% int/15% all attributes. I don't care about the dex roll since 4% will be enough.

I'd trade for that
First thing I ever dropped a vaal orb on in poe:

It's probably too low for you.

I took shaper out today on my first attempt. I did take three deaths, one during each phase (first was was instant when the fight started :p). It was the smaller balls that would get me unexpected, I could take the beam in the face.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 13, 2019, 5:58:05 PM
Why i love so much the mines from Dvelve?

4 city biomes with 22 nodes (1 Aul with no mods included) just spawned one next to other around 380-385 depth :)

Got about 35x T14-T16 maps from those nodes and from Aul got a nice amulet with "Discipline reserve no mana" mod; and i was talking about being broke :)

Video of Aul The Crystal King fight at 381 depth with no mods:

https://youtu.be/odYM-2HmP_Y
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 13, 2019, 6:27:58 PM
Hi,

Following this build since the beginning of the league.

First, thank you for the build and all the contributions by other people : I am having a lot of fun with it. I can't play much, so I am only lvl93 and in maps tier 14 at the moment, but until now I can facetank almost anything the game throws at me, even with punishing mods (-x elemental res, vulnerability, elemental reflect...). My last death was a couple level ago against syndicate encounter, I feel they can be a real threat if the get the jump before being able to leech. Incursion is hard to get boss + stone too in high tier maps. But overall one of the build I had the most fun.

Second, I have a question after looking at the passive tree of
Kelvynn and lilianmarius, is there a reason to keep Breath of Rime with Might of the Meek ? I thought it wasn't giving anything because of the jewel effect (and it looked like that when I put the jewel in my own tree).

Third, is there a reason we are not going to grab the "Thief's Craft" +30 int node ? It's not far (4 pts) and most the points on the way are +int thanks to the Fertile Mind Jewel nearby. It seems more interesting than the jewel slot near avatar of fire.

I removed the blood rage for now as I feel it is too clunky while mapping, and not necessary at all for the moment. I replaced it with a vaal molten shell. I don't know if it does much, but at least it isn't doing harm. Feel free to get a look at my items, I'm sure I may have missed something. I can't seem to be able to get +%int rings, even after corrupting rings after rings. I also have to get a corrupted belt at some point, but the correct implicit also eludes me. I still have to craft a better helmet and chest, to get to 1800 int, but I don't think I will ever be able to get much beyond.
"
Abrusio wrote:
Second, I have a question after looking at the passive tree of
Kelvynn and lilianmarius, is there a reason to keep Breath of Rime with Might of the Meek ? I thought it wasn't giving anything because of the jewel effect (and it looked like that when I put the jewel in my own tree).

Breath of Rime isn't at the range of Might of the Meek. If you hover over the jewel, it makes every node it converts to be highlighted and keeps blinking.

"
Abrusio wrote:
Third, is there a reason we are not going to grab the "Thief's Craft" +30 int node ? It's not far (4 pts) and most the points on the way are +int thanks to the Fertile Mind Jewel nearby. It seems more interesting than the jewel slot near avatar of fire.

Spending 4 skillpoints to get 50 int and 10 Dex versus 5 skillpoints to get 64 int, 12% elemental damage and maybe some corrupted implicit mod. Thief's Craft would give 12,5 int per skillpoint used when the jewel slot could give you 12,8 Int per skillpoint used. To me, that jewel socket sounds better, but that Thief's Craft doesn't sound too bad either. Another alternative thing is to get Art of the Gladiator close to the Vaal Pact. It would give 40 int and removes movement penalty from your armor for 3 skillpoints (which is 13,33 int per skillpoint used).

Edit: Also, remember to pick up for every Int node in the range of Might of the Meek. They giving a nice 15 Int each. And if you don't need those Str and Dex nodes close to Witch starting location, consider respeccing them off and take those 10 Int nodes instead?
Last edited by Tonu on Jan 14, 2019, 5:21:26 AM
"
Tonu wrote:
Breath of Rime isn't at the range of Might of the Meek. If you hover over the jewel, it makes every node it converts to be highlighted and keeps blinking.

Oh right ! I don't know why I thought it was in range, I guess I have to retake that one now, that's what my regret orbs are for :)

"
Tonu wrote:
Spending 4 skillpoints to get 50 int and 10 Dex versus 5 skillpoints to get 64 int, 12% elemental damage and maybe some corrupted implicit mod. Thief's Craft would give 12,5 int per skillpoint used when the jewel slot could give you 12,8 Int per skillpoint used. To me, that jewel socket sounds better, but that Thief's Craft doesn't sound too bad either. Another alternative thing is to get Art of the Gladiator close to the Vaal Pact. It would give 40 int and removes movement penalty from your armor for 3 skillpoints (which is 13,33 int per skillpoint used).

Indeed that's two better way to spend points. Thank you !

"
Tonu wrote:
Edit: Also, remember to pick up for every Int node in the range of Might of the Meek. They giving a nice 15 Int each. And if you don't need those Str and Dex nodes close to Witch starting location, consider respeccing them off and take those 10 Int nodes instead?

I really need those points at the moment as I ditched my astramentis for a really nice shaped amulet, but I'm really short on dex/str. But you are right, I'll have to get rid of those sooner or later for better nodes.

Thanks for all the advices !
"
teknik1200 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Hope people don't mind me posting this here

I am on 113 dex so 1 dex away from being able to use lvl 21 green gems, all the dex stats on my gear are maxed so can't divine or reroll crafted mods and don't want to use a point to get some on the tree.

I have a corrupted str/int Cyclopean Coil, wondering if anyone has a dex/int one they would be happy to swap for this one?

Obviously I don't want to lose any int so it would need to have 6% int/14% all attributes or 5% int/15% all attributes. I don't care about the dex roll since 4% will be enough.

I'd trade for that
First thing I ever dropped a vaal orb on in poe:

It's probably too low for you.

I took shaper out today on my first attempt. I did take three deaths, one during each phase (first was was instant when the fight started :p). It was the smaller balls that would get me unexpected, I could take the beam in the face.

Yeah thanks for the offer but i'd lose 3% increased int with your belt which i'd rather not do.
well... buy for 4ex(have bad suffix) + use annulment
"
nulleg wrote:
well... buy for 4ex(have bad suffix) + use annulment

That's awesome!
Since the prices in this league are high, but there are new crafting possibilities, here's how to make your own endgame Regalia for about 3 ex. This is actually what I did in the Betrayal league.

1. Buy an ilvl 83+ SHAPER Vaal Regalia crafting base (5-8c). The %Int mod is only possible on a Shaper one.
2. Scour, Transmute and Alteration/Augmentation spam it until you get the 9-12% Increased Int suffix and a T1-T3 ES (+flat or %increased ES) prefix.
3. Regal it.
4. If you get a junk mod (non-ES or crappy ES prefix, or a suffix other than Int) - scour and Alt spam again. Otherwise proceed to step 5.
5. Craft the multi-mod suffix (2 ex).
6. Craft the rest of the affixes:
- if there is an open suffix, craft 6% Increased Attributes;
- your 3 prefixes should be +flat ES, +%Inc ES, and hybrid %ES + whatever else.
7. Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Hillock in Fortification. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to 28% quality an armor piece.
8 (optional). Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Vorici in Research. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to turn 1-3 sockets white. 6S and color your regalia first. White sockets are just a nice bonus.
9 (optional). Divine it to get 12% Int and good rolls on the other mods.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 14, 2019, 6:32:02 PM
Hey guys,
I've been following this build and enjoying it very much. I identified this amulet :

It has the desired % attributes and % dmg per intelligence, but I'm not sure if it's good for us, right now if I unequip my astramentis my non-intelligence stats are basically zero, which is a problem for gems and stuff.

Should I recalibrate my tree and/or my gear to use it ? Or just sell it (not sure at what price...) ? My profile is public if you could take a look !

Thanks for the tips !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info