[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
adambog wrote:
just dinged 70 and swiched to ES gear, but got problems with mana regen with high lvl winter orb, any tips besiades mods on rings? mana leech on boots enchant should do the trick but maybe im missing something obvious

You are not missing anything those 2 methods are variants to sustain a 5L or even a 6L WO setup.
"
adambog wrote:
just dinged 70 and swiched to ES gear, but got problems with mana regen with high lvl winter orb, any tips besiades mods on rings? mana leech on boots enchant should do the trick but maybe im missing something obvious

Re-link your staff so only Winter Orb is only linked to CWC. If you aren't running a GMP clear setup, it's not worth having anything else linked to WO unless you're running GMP or have mana to spare to spend on <1% more DPS.

Other than that you're not missing anything, the GMP clearspeed setup just needs a bit more mana support somewhere.
Last edited by vector84 on Jan 15, 2019, 7:22:01 PM
In regards to crafting, I've had some luck with looking for good Regalias with an open suffix and crafting % increased attributes.

If you don't already have the 6% craft, you can work your way to it by purchasing items with "of Hillock's veil" as a veiled suffix and just unveiling as many of these as you can. I'm 2/3 of the way to the 6% craft.

cost me 1.5ex to buy the chest that I crafted the 5% on.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jan 15, 2019, 9:30:04 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Since the prices in this league are high, but there are new crafting possibilities, here's how to make your own endgame Regalia for about 3 ex. This is actually what I did in the Betrayal league.

1. Buy an ilvl 83+ SHAPER Vaal Regalia crafting base (5-8c). The %Int mod is only possible on a Shaper one.
2. Scour, Transmute and Alteration/Augmentation spam it until you get the 9-12% Increased Int suffix and a T1-T3 ES (+flat or %increased ES) prefix.
3. Regal it.
4. If you get a junk mod (non-ES or crappy ES prefix, or a suffix other than Int) - scour and Alt spam again. Otherwise proceed to step 5.
5. Craft the multi-mod suffix (2 ex).
6. Craft the rest of the affixes:
- if there is an open suffix, craft 6% Increased Attributes;
- your 3 prefixes should be +flat ES, +%Inc ES, and hybrid %ES + whatever else.
7. Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Hillock in Fortification. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to 28% quality an armor piece.
8 (optional). Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Vorici in Research. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to turn 1-3 sockets white. 6S and color your regalia first. White sockets are just a nice bonus.
9 (optional). Divine it to get 12% Int and good rolls on the other mods.

Thanks Kelvynn, it is so helpful for a new player like me!!

Would you be so kind to post the same style guide for all other gear crafting? I know it takes efforts, but it is crazy helpful, and I believe every new player appreciates it a lot!

I also think that it is very much worth to add to the main build guide page!!

My only comment for improvement of this is to describe in 2-3 words more points 5 and 6 - how exactly to craft this. This info is not easily googled :)
Are there any videos of this build doing normal mapping?
livejamie
Any have recommendations to what order I can upgrade my character next? It's starting to slow down damage-wise around T13ish maps. I have about 5 exalts pure to work with, and a ton of alternate currency.
"
livejamie wrote:

Here you are, a T16 Maze of the Minotaur with Elder Guardian in it!
5L Winter Orb (Wo+CWC+GMP+ContrDestruct+Hypotermia) + Spell Cascade

https://youtu.be/ACdA1yoqm-c

"
Matam wrote:
Any have recommendations to what order I can upgrade my character next? It's starting to slow down damage-wise around T13ish maps. I have about 5 exalts pure to work with, and a ton of alternate currency.

A Might of the Meek jewel will be a good start.
Socket it in the slot in witch area instead of rare jewel there(move that decent rare to another slot with a worse rare jewel), refund Frost Walker (gets disabled by MoTM) and elemental damage node and use them on a +Int node in Might of the Meek coverage (you get 15 int from it) and on the socket jewel near CI (socket a Fertile mind or Brute Force here).

My advice would be also to refund Snowforged cluster, use 1 point for 30 Dex/30 Str together with a Fertile Mind /Brute Force in socket near CI as i said.

The remaining 2 points use them on elemental node and Divine Fervour in Templar area (you get 20 int and 10 elemental damage).

Regarding gear a chest with higher ES (with keeping the int values) and also a corrupted belt with % increased intelligence would be first 2 pieces i would think of change.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 16, 2019, 2:07:42 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Here you are, a T16 Maze of the Minotaur with Elder Guardian in it!
5L Winter Orb (Wo+CWC+GMP+ContrDestruct+Hypotermia) + Spell Cascade

"
Matam wrote:

A Might of the Meek jewel will be a good start.
Socket it in the slot in witch area instead of rare jewel there(move that decent rare to another slot with a worse rare jewel), refund Frost Walker (gets disabled by MoTM) and elemental damage node and use them on a +Int node in Might of the Meek coverage (you get 15 int from it) and on the socket jewel near CI (socket a Fertile mind or Brute Force here).

My advice would be also to refund Snowforged cluster, use 1 point for 30 Dex/30 Str together with a Fertile Mind /Brute Force in socket near CI as i said.

The remaining 2 points use them on elemental node and Divine Fervour in Templar area (you get 20 int and 10 elemental damage).

Regarding gear a chest with higher ES (with keeping the int values) and also a corrupted belt with % increased intelligence would be first 2 pieces i would think of change.

Getting video is not available, can you double check the link?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Getting video is not available, can you double check the link?

Was set to Private (my fault), here is the link again:

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 16, 2019, 4:13:22 PM
Nice armor! It looks like the prices are finally coming down...it is really hard to find 650+ ES armor with a free suffix...most people craft STR/DEX/INT + Quality crafts (1 Ex for the highest I think) and I always want to say NOOOO...please leave it open for a %Inc Attributes!

"
Graiaule wrote:
In regards to crafting, I've had some luck with looking for good Regalias with an open suffix and crafting % increased attributes.

If you don't already have the 6% craft, you can work your way to it by purchasing items with "of Hillock's veil" as a veiled suffix and just unveiling as many of these as you can. I'm 2/3 of the way to the 6% craft.

cost me 1.5ex to buy the chest that I crafted the 5% on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info