[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Kereon wrote:
Hey guys,
I've been following this build and enjoying it very much. I identified this amulet :

It has the desired % attributes and % dmg per intelligence, but I'm not sure if it's good for us, right now if I unequip my astramentis my non-intelligence stats are basically zero, which is a problem for gems and stuff.

Should I recalibrate my tree and/or my gear to use it ? Or just sell it (not sure at what price...) ? My profile is public if you could take a look !

Thanks for the tips !

That's a really tough call... that amulet is beautiful, but also probably worth quite a bit more than the rest of your gear combined.

So I suppose it depends how motivated you are to take that amulet all the way to end-game gearing? From an immediate standpoint you could likely buy better upgrades by selling that amulet, but if you do decide to look for something like that again later after gearing up further, you might be looking at spending even more to replace it down the line than you manage to sell it for.
"
Kereon wrote:
Hey guys,
I've been following this build and enjoying it very much. I identified this amulet :

It has the desired % attributes and % dmg per intelligence, but I'm not sure if it's good for us, right now if I unequip my astramentis my non-intelligence stats are basically zero, which is a problem for gems and stuff.

Should I recalibrate my tree and/or my gear to use it ? Or just sell it (not sure at what price...) ? My profile is public if you could take a look !

Thanks for the tips !

Astramentis makes life easy. Those stats are hard to get otherwise. It will take a LOT of planning and effort to get the desired amount of Str and Dex without Astramentis, if you don't want to use crappy items or get extra levels just to cover the stat needs. If you would rather not deal with that, sell this amulet (it should be worth a lot) and buy yourself some other nice upgrades.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 14, 2019, 5:12:28 PM
Just wanted to say again how much I'm enjoying this build. Not even using all the gems yet, and my 2 staffs/gear are not perfect, but I'm already lvl 92, which is the highest lvl I've reached so far with exiles in PoE!

I started with an Arc Witch this league and switched to this build when that character was lvl 89, and I realized I would NEVER be able to afford all the "required" gear to maximize that character.

Thanks again to all of you higher-level players for being so helpful to the rest of us, and of course, the original author of the build!
Just killed an Uber Elder with the recently purchased Watcher's Eye jewel with % increased ES recovery rate / Gain % of maximum mana as extra maximum energy shield - dropped a kinda bad jewel after a long period of no jewel drop kills

For this particular fight and when reaching a certain maximum ES number i can say that this combo of mods are better than the +ES gained on hit / % increased ES recovery rate on my previous Watcher's Eye.

With over 16.5k ES and 77% increased ES recovery rate (from jewel and Arakaali) Shaper cant hurt anymore with his barrage balls, as long as i leech and have Fortify up my ES is replenishing at a faster rate than the balls damage.

Everything i have to pay attention is not to stand in degeneration vortexes (Arakaali cant trigger while i stay in them) and target as fast as possible the vulnerable target when Elder does the Siphon slowing skill that is somewhat dangerous.

All the others skills (Elder's projectiles, Shaper's beam, both Elder's and Shaper's slams, tentacles) do very little harm at this point - over 16.5k ES and not even have to worry about them.

Getting to tank this fight with this build make me so happy knowing that there are quite few builds that can tank this entire fight. Kelvynn managed to get the best of his Whispering Ice build when chose this cold Occultist version it seems and we can only thanks him for this.

If i will still play the build next league will definitely go again for Occultist cold version since the benefits of it are higher compared to Scion fire one.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 14, 2019, 6:38:43 PM
Thank you for this Kelyvnn, I will put it to good use! I've been frustrated by the ES gear prices this league but the good part is that all my Dense Fossil farming is earning me a lot of money. For step 7, you could also use Perfect Fossils to try for 28%, although that could get a little expensive. On that note I wish Fossils could bring out the %Int mod. :(

One question for everyone if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your Watcher's Eye jewels with ES gain on hit? The price seems to be around 5 EX but I keep seeing some pop up for 3.5 EX and the sellers do not answer purchase requests. Looks like something nefarious, but I could be wrong. I was saving up for end game armor but I'm going to go for a WE instead and use the above crafting guide because the armor I'm seeing for sale seems way too expensive for just a little more ES (plus 12% increased INT sounds awesome!).

Here's my gear at Lv 90:

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Since the prices in this league are high, but there are new crafting possibilities, here's how to make your own endgame Regalia for about 3 ex. This is actually what I did in the Betrayal league.

1. Buy an ilvl 83+ SHAPER Vaal Regalia crafting base (5-8c). The %Int mod is only possible on a Shaper one.
2. Scour, Transmute and Alteration/Augmentation spam it until you get the 9-12% Increased Int suffix and a T1-T3 ES (+flat or %increased ES) prefix.
3. Regal it.
4. If you get a junk mod (non-ES or crappy ES prefix, or a suffix other than Int) - scour and Alt spam again. Otherwise proceed to step 5.
5. Craft the multi-mod suffix (2 ex).
6. Craft the rest of the affixes:
- if there is an open suffix, craft 6% Increased Attributes;
- your 3 prefixes should be +flat ES, +%Inc ES, and hybrid %ES + whatever else.
7. Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Hillock in Fortification. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to 28% quality an armor piece.
8 (optional). Farm the Syndicate to get a 3-star (Captain) Vorici in Research. When you then raid his hideout, there will be a crafting bench to turn 1-3 sockets white. 6S and color your regalia first. White sockets are just a nice bonus.
9 (optional). Divine it to get 12% Int and good rolls on the other mods.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
The price seems to be around 5 EX but I keep seeing some pop up for 3.5 EX and the sellers do not answer purchase requests. Looks like something nefarious, but I could be wrong.

Apparently some realms have been having problems delivering whispers recently - I thought something nefarious was going on in a few markets too, but I'm not so sure since I found out about that.

Those prices are pretty average and I've bought and sold a number in that range myself.

Also courtesy of @lilianmarius - ES Recovery Rate Watcher's Eyes are very effective for most content (besides darkness diving in Delve where ES on hit is pure win) and can be had for less than an ex.
That sounds plausible and good to know that's the normal price range. I make all my currency through delving and I figured one of those jewels would help out in the darkness so I'm definitely going to pick one up.

Regarding the 12% INT on armor, stupid me didn't realize I don't have the multimod recipe unlocked but lots of people are selling 500+ ES armor with the 9-12% roll and they aren't too expensive.

I did some comparisons to my current armour with 48 INT and 5% inc attr - it gives me around 120 INT. By further calculations armour with 12% intelligence would only give me another 30 INT or so...not worth paying a few exalts for a new set or using that much to alt spam. Having a high INT roll and the increased% INT would be amazing but the ones for sale are really expensive.

I went through around 500 alts this morning to try on my own and only saw the %INT a few times...it seems Rngesus doesn't love me that much and without the multimod it's not too productive for me. Maybe down the road when I've unlocked more recipes and have more currency to burn. I did create my helm on my own and if I stock up a lot of fossils maybe I could get lucky (but more fun to sell them, lol). :)
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
it seems Rngesus doesn't love me that much and without the multimod it's not too productive for me.

FYI, multimod (and most meta crafting mods) are from prophecy lines and can be unlocked for a small pile of chaos.
I think i am done gearing this char. Changed my already decent Shaper amulet for even a better one (15 exalts price):

Was poor rolled for %attributes, after 12 divines got max roll on + attributes and %attributes and this way managed to break the 2500 Int barrier - exactly 2510 Int - highest ever i reached on a Whispering Ice char.

ES value with this huge Intelligence stat : 17.645, the numbers this Occultist version can pull up are just insane, never thought of reaching so high values for Int and ES at the beginning of the league.

My previous decent Shaper amulet is for sale for 8 exalts (amulet is better than a 6% intelligence corrupted Astramentis), if anyone from this thread wants it i'll make a discount of 2 exalts.

Until the end of the league will try to reach 40/40 challenges (only play in the evening since during daytime i am at work), still at 277/400 for the Atlas objectives one and probably will farm the hell out of Uber Elder hoping to drop a godly jewel :)

Thanks Kelvynn for creating and sustaining this build over leagues and giving us the opportunity to enjoy every piece of content this game has to offer due to extreme capabilities of this build!

P.S. The only regret is that it seems wont get a better chest (last league i had a Shaper Vaal Regalia with 795 ES 12% increased intelligence and +30 Intelligence. With a chest like that would have probably reached more than 18.500 ES but this league prices for chests like that one are just insane or simply does not exist.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 15, 2019, 6:57:17 PM
just dinged 70 and swiched to ES gear, but got problems with mana regen with high lvl winter orb, any tips besiades mods on rings? mana leech on boots enchant should do the trick but maybe im missing something obvious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info