[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Kelvynn, I think the first version of this thread used Hypothermia instead of Concentrated effect. Did you drop it due to Conc Effect giving more DPS or was there any other factor?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Kelvynn, I think the first version of this thread used Hypothermia instead of Concentrated effect. Did you drop it due to Conc Effect giving more DPS or was there any other factor?

I think elemental focus is new on the first page instead of hypothermia?

Hos is concentrated effect vs controlled destruction?
"
teknik1200 wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:

I think elemental focus is new on the first page instead of hypothermia?

Hos is concentrated effect vs controlled destruction?

Ele focus is the swap for bosses (in 2nd staff or swap for spell cascade in a single staff) but I am sure Hypothermia was there in December, because I've been leveling 2 spares and using it in my main 6S since then and I started following the build in December.
"You want my sockets?"
Hypothermia was there at the start of the league, I still have it on both my staffs.

Concentrated effect was also there, however. At some point I switched Concentrated effect out for Controlled Destruction.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 17, 2019, 4:51:54 PM
Agreed, but now it seems Kelvynn switched Hypothermia for Cold Pen in his setup, I was wondering why.
"You want my sockets?"
I think cold pen was there also. It had two greens, three blues and a red.

I think hypo was swapped for elemental focus, but I could be wrong. Words and my brain have a strange relationship as I'm dyslexic so grains of salt and all of that.
"
Jadran wrote:
Agreed, but now it seems Kelvynn switched Hypothermia for Cold Pen in his setup, I was wondering why.

To maximize damage output for IceStorm for end game bosses the setup in staff should be in my opinion :

WO-CWC-Conc Effect-Elemental Focus-Life Leech-Cold penetration

For trash setup :

5L : WO-CwC-GMP-Controlled Destruction-Hypotermia (Cold Penetration if map has +elemental resistances)
1L: Spell Cascade
Finally picked up a Watchers Eye...holy crap what a difference! So much tankier...and it makes delving a lot safer too. Also picked up Might of the Meek and am enjoying the nice damage boost. Besides upgrading my helm and armor, there's not much more to do but fill out my map and have fun!

ES is almost 11k...with some armor upgrades could probably hit 12k but I'll get there eventually. Some corrupted items with %Int would be nice but they are way out of my price range, lol.
"
Jadran wrote:

The first version used Hypothermia instead of Controlled Destruction (trash clearing) or EF (single target). But it was less efficient than those gems. They do more damage and don't require the target to be already chilled. With Hypothermia, you do significantly less damage on the first WO hit before Icestorm has landed. Both CD and EF have a stronger MORE damage mod too.

EF is the strongest gem for the slot, but using it for clearing would result in fewer freezes and explosions since WO freezes a lot of trash. So I chose CD for trash clearing. EF is great against single target.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
To maximize damage output for IceStorm for end game bosses the setup in staff should be in my opinion :

WO-CWC-Conc Effect-Elemental Focus-Life Leech-Cold penetration

That's exactly what I use now.

"
lilianmarius wrote:

For trash setup :

5L : WO-CwC-GMP-Controlled Destruction-Hypotermia (Cold Penetration if map has +elemental resistances)
1L: Spell Cascade

I found no need for Hypothermia. Many maps have +resist, many Delve mobs types have extra resists. Against non-resistant enemies CP and Hypothermia do the same damage, Hypo just adds a little more freeze and chill effect, but that's irrelevant against trash.

What does matter though, is that WO hits hard enough against trash to 1-shot or do major damage with 1 salvo. And that 1st salvo often lands before Icestorm, i.e. the target is not chilled yet and Hypothermia does nothing. For that reason alone, CP is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info