[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Started very late this league. Wondering what to upgrade next? I am thinking a Watcher's Eye with just the +ES on hit mod, as I am still squishy and die more than I'd like.

Fun build and does bring back some D2 memories. Now if we can just get a patch that lets us play a nova sorc :D

Corrupted Jewelery for % int really helps. It can be a little spendy though. More ES on the chest boots and gloves would probably help. The boots don't have any int either.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 18, 2019, 3:22:35 PM
Update:

I've spent a few days playing without Blood Rage. It's fine. Solaris is a great defensive power, especially against things that can crit for a lot. And since Blood Rage is not a good idea for some places (such as Lab or Uber Atziri), Solaris is nice to have anyway. Fully upgrade it and use instead of Arakaali when not using Blood Rage. Those not comfortable with Blood Rage can just use Solaris all the time and save a gem socket.

The difference in leech ability starts to feel only in the top endgame encounters and deep in the Delves. I still love Blood Rage though: 3 frenzy charges = 12% MORE damage, very nice for bosses with adds, deep Delves, high tier Incursions, etc.

New video: Dancing through T16

There was a lot of requests for a gameplay video. Here we go.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 19, 2019, 4:02:14 AM
We should try Herald of Agony with WI, What do you say Kel?

edit: tried with lesser poison linked to winter orb, instant 40 stacks!
Last edited by cihatb on Jan 19, 2019, 6:29:29 AM
What would be the best gem setup for trash/boss in the following conditions:

1. I don't use Winter orb for dmg (it is only linked with CwC)
2. I have only 1 staff where I switch spell cascade for Conc
3. I use vitality Wathcer's Eye so i have no need for life leech

Socket colours are 4B +2G and my current setup is CD, Hypo, Wo, CwC, SC/Conc, ColdPen.

Last edited by Nerthazul on Jan 19, 2019, 6:44:15 AM
When Delve Priemval Chamber transforms into Burial Chambers:

Found another Aul, this time at 407 depth with easy mods (only frenzy charge on hit which matters).

Aul The Crystal King (Depth 407)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jan 19, 2019, 3:52:31 PM
My build is pretty much finished at this point.
Elder was down, I ran shaper maps in just under 8 mins, Delve can still rip me though (around 250 depth none the less if the mods are too much damage+crit and no freeze mod).

But this build allows me to run whatever I want, and that is something I have never had before in this game.

Also: I had a 5ex div card lost in a vaal temple, that sucked. Then I realized that I can just farm shaper and make that luck by Dying Sun farming. F** the random, just give me predictability.

My endgame goals are:
1) Get a better chest than my current one (just 730 es, no +int% yet)
2) Get a corrupted Cyclopean coil (ALTHOUGH the current +15% skill duration corruption is a heavy buff for this build)
3) Maybe get one more corrupted ring, I used two before with +int% mods, but it is not worth it, the stats were not adequate so I was screwed for resistances.
4) Get a helmet with -cold res. That is about it.

Oh, I never used Blood Rage, I would not. I love 5l vortex, it oneshots normals usually.

Last edited by Oldern365 on Jan 19, 2019, 5:16:22 PM
I finally got boots with movement speed, wow what a difference. Can't believe it took me so long to do so but everything was a little spendy. I hadn't played this game enough to realize how important it was.
"
teknik1200 wrote:
I finally got boots with movement speed, wow what a difference. Can't believe it took me so long to do so but everything was a little spendy. I hadn't played this game enough to realize how important it was.

Yeah, it's important enough to look for it right from the 1 lvl, when you arrive at first town.
Pretty much the only thing that have max priority on identification are boots, and not only rare, but magic version as well.
And in the late game it become even more major point, so...
"
cihatb wrote:
We should try Herald of Agony with WI, What do you say Kel?

edit: tried with lesser poison linked to winter orb, instant 40 stacks!

This build doesn't have any support for physical or poison damage. You can easily have Herald of Agony at 40 stacks all the time, but will the agony crawler do enough damage to justify it? I highly doubt it. Swapping 1 support gem for Lesser Poison will lower WO damage by at least 40%. Swapping HoI for Agony will lose the shatter explosions and even more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info