[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
innova3 wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
innova3 wrote:
For Astramentis,should I get 14% all elements resistance or 0.5% cold damage lifesteal?

Get 6% intelligence or +1 curses

Why not the 0.5% lifesteal? Looks better, no?

#edit
it is such a better option compared to the 5% intelligence that some1 bought already.

That is a good corruption also but in my opinion 6% intelligence ~ 80 intelligence is way better. We already have % life leech in boots enchant used to clear trashes. And for end game bosses that 0.5 % wont help alone you will still need to use Life Leech gem in staff.

This build is pure Int based at the end we need as much Int as possible to perform against all content.
Build is still blowing away everything I toss at it. Just facetanked Kurgal.. IE, I never even had to move. Tanked his darkness phase, tanked his chest beam, tanked his projectiles, etc. I even used my clearstaff setup.. no issues at all.

Tomorrow I'm going to take on Uber Elder for my first time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Last edited by Breken on Dec 30, 2018, 1:25:38 AM
So after switching to CI it looks like we don't need Life Leech support anymore. I see you added Greater Multiple Projectiles instead.

My question is, how to get BBBGGG on staff? I blew through a ton of chromes before getting back to BBBGGR ... which I'm keeping for now!

Really enjoying the build, thanks for any replies in advance!
"
martyl48 wrote:
So after switching to CI it looks like we don't need Life Leech support anymore. I see you added Greater Multiple Projectiles instead.

My question is, how to get BBBGGG on staff? I blew through a ton of chromes before getting back to BBBGGR ... which I'm keeping for now!

Really enjoying the build, thanks for any replies in advance!

It's probably easier to just get vorici in research and do safe house for the white sockets instead of spamming chromes.
Yay, I hit level 91 last night. Sitting at 1594 int so I need to work on upgrading that. My chest only has 11 and my boots 19 so I suppose I can start there and start corrupting charms and hope I luck out.

By the way, if to talk about min-maxing. We can also craft 6% attributes on chest together with 12% int of shaper chest :)
You need to find good base though, but i guess for min maxing it's not an absurdly high price in comparison.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
By the way, if to talk about min-maxing. We can also craft 6% attributes on chest together with 12% int of shaper chest :)
You need to find good base though, but i guess for min maxing it's not an absurdly high price in comparison.

Its not that easy to roll 5 exact mods AND have a empty suffix :p

Closest I got.

Spoiler
"
vbvan wrote:
What's your opinion on Watcher's Eyes?

It is useful for the Ascendant version, and is mainly QoL for the following scenarios to me:

Its a lot more than that. But we will get to it.

"
vbvan wrote:

1. No leech
It compensates for the missing leech.
But I recently did a t16 with no leech, 2 extra damage, extra cri, ele weakness, hexproof and with red beast and breach. It is fine without Watcher's Eyes. The regen on kill feels enough.

Tell me how that no leech feels vs end game bosses that move. You have no monsters to kill for regen. This is the only real reason to go leech. Energy on hit END when no hit and is instant. Leech can keep going even if boss moved away.

"
vbvan wrote:
2. Jump into a pack carelessly
The ball lightning will trigger ES gain on hit and can sometimes save you.
This doesn't happen very often (and only matters when the pack has high crit and attack at the same time)

So it does work wonder when needed most. I think thats a good thing. I can stand still in most map and that level 4 ball of lightning will keep me alive almost forever.

"
vbvan wrote:
3. Delve in the dark
You can delve in the dark without flare. But flare is very cheap anyway.

So it seems to me we can save several exalts and uses a jewel with int instead.

Or lose several exalts the way I see it. You are locking all the good bossing content.

In the end it's a matter of choice. Do you want to do less content, make less exalt value items or you want to spend it and be able to get more currency and do everything. No one like the same stuff.
Just swapped over to this build last night. Feels good so far, my investment into gear has been minimal to get me started. Now that I have a baseline I'm going to start investing the rest of my currency (10-20ex). A few questions, some may seem obvious but I don't fully understand ice storm and want to make sure it doesn't have quirky mechanics.

- Elemental damage is beneficial correct? I'm looking at rings, seeing if I can find a nice combo of int/es/res + ele damage (or cold damage)

- How important is movement speed? I see a lot of you using 2 quicksilver flasks. So far in the 10ish maps I've done I seem to be using flame dash mostly. Maybe I'm just slow (I have bad internet so I can't fly around very well with packet loss)

- Can phase run be used? I'm unsure if there is something else flame dash energizes with

- Does increased damage vs chilled enemies stat from gloves add dps with icestorm? I saw someone from here have it on there and seemed like a no brainer to snag a pair for some extra dps.

- Is there a clear cut winner for the bossing staff? I see a lot of different setups people are using with different gems. I read through a lot of the thread but want to make sure I'm not missing something

Been trying to craft a helm with dense/frigid fossils. It's a nightmare to buy fossils this league so far. Trade API has been lagged so no one responds.

thanks
"
NSUCK wrote:

- Elemental damage is beneficial correct? I'm looking at rings, seeing if I can find a nice combo of int/es/res + ele damage (or cold damage)

Yes, it's helpful, it's just not as important as Int... For this build, int is more important than anything. If you can find a ring with Flat Int, ES, Res, Ele damage, and a 6% increased intelligence corruption... that's the holy grail. Because the damage effectiveness of Ice Storm is only 30% flat damage isn't as helpful for this build as you might think.

Another thing that can be helpful on rings depending on your setup, is a free prefix for crafting -x mana to skills.

"

- How important is movement speed? I see a lot of you using 2 quicksilver flasks. So far in the 10ish maps I've done I seem to be using flame dash mostly. Maybe I'm just slow (I have bad internet so I can't fly around very well with packet loss)

If you are happy with Flame Dash movement, that's great. Movement speed is just one of those quality of life things really. The build is designed to facetank most anything, so movement speed isn't that important. Just super nice to have.

"

- Can phase run be used? I'm unsure if there is something else flame dash energizes with

Phase Run is totally useful... we're just a bit slot starved. If you use the 5L Winter Orb clearing setup, you can charge your WO, then Phase Run to the next pack. We also often have frenzy charges that will extend the duration.

"

- Does increased damage vs chilled enemies stat from gloves add dps with icestorm? I saw someone from here have it on there and seemed like a no brainer to snag a pair for some extra dps.

Yup, that's mod totally adds DPS, and it's super worth getting it. Just becomes hard to find gloves with Int, good ES, resistances, and the Chilled damage mod. But again, that would be the dream.

"

- Is there a clear cut winner for the bossing staff? I see a lot of different setups people are using with different gems. I read through a lot of the thread but want to make sure I'm not missing something

Lots of options floating around. The biggest contention I'm seeing is if you want to use Controlled Destruction over Hypothermia. it's really splitting hairs. Life leech is super useful (and nearly required on many bosses) unless you have another source of Life leech... (I use a vitality aura watcher's eye)

"
Been trying to craft a helm with dense/frigid fossils. It's a nightmare to buy fossils this league so far. Trade API has been lagged so no one responds.

God.. I hear you. I've been meaning to upgrade my helm, and possibility my boots for awhile, but buying enough fossils to get a decent fossil craft going is making me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Last edited by Breken on Dec 30, 2018, 5:59:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info