[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Best watcher's eye to aim for for this build? Like is there an order of stat priority?
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
PoorLime wrote:
I kinda have mana issues. I'm not using blood rage atm which is probably the reason but, is that the only form of mana leech we get?

Blood rage doesn't have mana leech, and life leech that it give you only works with attacks and not spells.
Blood rage there only to activate arakaali pantheon bonus, and generation of frenzy charges as side benefit, that can be ignored.

If you have mana issues:
- Use "-x to cost os skills" prefix that comes from veiled rings/amulets from elreon.
- Use "stormweaver" node on skilltree, instead of snowforged.
If you don't have means to add elreon's prefix to ring, then:
- Use lvl 1 winter orb, to cut its cost in half
- Link winter orb ONLY to "Cast while channeling" gem. That way cost will be literally nothing without any kind of additional mana regen/leech. But in that case, don't expect winter orb to deal any damage.
But truth be told, unless you go completely into "winter orb path", it will be useless anyway as damage dealer, so might as well cut the mana problem without much of the cost.

P.S. Mana leech we can get from the "warlord's mark" curse or boots enchant from the labyrinth "#% life and mana leeched if you killed recently". But you really don't need it, if you can get elreon's prefix on ring.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 31, 2018, 11:33:51 AM
"
martyl48 wrote:
Note to self: stop face-tanking Abyss packs, you are NOT a jugg ;)

Nah, you are supposed to face-tank those.
Just be sure to use vigilant strike for fortify, have activated arctic armor, and stand still to activate pantheon bonus phys reduction.

That build easily tank shaper's beam, and beefed with currency can even tank every barrage in uber elder fight. I never saw abyss packs that can do more damage than that, even in T16.
Alright so after playing a bit with this build, it's straight unplayable for me because all the particle effects from Ice Storm make my frames drop to like 10. That is unfortunate, really wanted to play this one :/
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
PoorLime wrote:
I kinda have mana issues. I'm not using blood rage atm which is probably the reason but, is that the only form of mana leech we get?

1. Blood rage doesnt give you mana leech

2. Blood rage doesnt even give any form of spell leech

3. If I linked HoI and Discipline to Arcane Surge. You bet I would have a mana nightmare

4. You also linked bonechill and artic armour.
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
By the way, if to talk about min-maxing. We can also craft 6% attributes on chest together with 12% int of shaper chest :)
You need to find good base though, but i guess for min maxing it's not an absurdly high price in comparison.

Its not that easy to roll 5 exact mods AND have a empty suffix :p

Closest I got.

Spoiler

Someone listed 55int, 736es, +18% int for 1 mirror :-)
Last edited by vbvan on Dec 31, 2018, 11:54:11 AM
"
Someone listed 55int, 736es, +18% int for 1 mirror :-)

Yeah, that guy is a known end game gear crafter, and that armor is up for mirror service most likely. Probably cost a couple hundred ex to craft (on the low end)
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Alright so after playing a bit with this build, it's straight unplayable for me because all the particle effects from Ice Storm make my frames drop to like 10. That is unfortunate, really wanted to play this one :/

Do you have dynamic resolution enabled? I do notice that when I super spam icestorm, my resolution drops ALOT.. but my performance is good, and the game remains perfectly playable. If you don't, try turning that on.
"
Breken wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Do you have dynamic resolution enabled? I do notice that when I super spam icestorm, my resolution drops ALOT.. but my performance is good, and the game remains perfectly playable. If you don't, try turning that on.

As poor plebeian without money and with potato-pc i can assure you, that there are people whose "dynamic resolution" activated all the time if screen have anything else except your character in clean hideout. It is still somewhat playable, but icestorm literally make you logout out of server due to insufficient perfomance.

Now i bought new PC, but i still have fresh memory about those nightmare days.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 31, 2018, 12:48:27 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Breken wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

As poor plebeian without money and with potato-pc i can assure you, that there are people whose "dynamic resolution" activated all the time if screen have anything else except your character in clean hideout. It is still somewhat playable, but icestorm literally make you logout out of server due to insufficient perfomance.

Now i bought new PC, but i still have fresh memory about those nightmare days.

So I've been following this thread for a month now and wondered if anyone had this problem too. I play on Xbox (yes laugh it up lol, don't have a working pc to play with) and the xbox crashes when I spam orb ONLY when I have the cascade gem. So for a while now I haven't been using it and no issues. Maybe try that, I know that will cause issues for end game stuff I'm sure but its the only solution I had for myself for now until either xbox/poe fixes their issue with it ha. Love the build btw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info