[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Just downed Uber Elder (my first time this league/build, but I've done it a few times before)... difficult, but doable.

Fun story, by the end of the fight I'd crapified the arena quite nicely, and while I was using my Life Leech staff for most of the fight (I suck at dodging too much to use just Warlord's Mark and a DPS staff), I kept my clear staff out after the final portal phase and used it to end the fight... My GMP WO wasn't doing a ton of damage, but it sure was a nice safety margin with the constant stream of ESoH.

PS: I did it in my regular (clear speed focused) gear with about 9k ES... probably would've been easier if I put together a proper bossing setup with a more reasonable amount of ES.
Last edited by vector84 on Dec 30, 2018, 8:51:43 PM
So I was just going through my card collection and noticed that I have all 4 cards for Whiespering Ice, so I opened it and then 6 socketed it and 5 linked with like 20 jewellers and 20 fuse total, and I wanted to try this build anyway, so I guess, destiny? :d + max int % roll as well, what is nice.

My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
vector84 wrote:
Just downed Uber Elder (my first time this league/build, but I've done it a few times before)... difficult, but doable.

Fun story, by the end of the fight I'd crapified the arena quite nicely, and while I was using my Life Leech staff for most of the fight (I suck at dodging too much to use just Warlord's Mark and a DPS staff), I kept my clear staff out after the final portal phase and used it to end the fight... My GMP WO wasn't doing a ton of damage, but it sure was a nice safety margin with the constant stream of ESoH.

PS: I did it in my regular (clear speed focused) gear with about 9k ES... probably would've been easier if I put together a proper bossing setup with a more reasonable amount of ES.

This just proves to me I need to invest in the sets to learn this fight. I tried it for the first time, and only got them down to around 50%... I was a bit of a spaz in the fight though. I'm going to go ahead and use this chance to learn the fight well, and take him down. Build is great.. My skills are a bit lacking...

Doesn't help that this build makes me lazy since everything else just melts quickly without much effort.
Last edited by Breken on Dec 30, 2018, 9:58:44 PM
I have a little trouble finding stuff in a 60 post thread searching is kind of hard for me i have some reading problems because i'm dyslexic so things take some extra work :)

is this how you're gemming the two different staffs?

"
Breken wrote:
This just proves to me I need to invest in the sets to learn this fight. I tried it for the first time, and only got them down to around 50%... I was a bit of a spaz in the fight though. I'm going to go ahead and use this chance to learn the fight well, and take him down. Build is great.. My skills are a bit lacking...

Doesn't help that this build makes me lazy since everything else just melts quickly without much effort.

I burned through a few sets trying to play more defensively, but I had far better success focusing on just dodging the balls and staying on target to leech through the rest... though at only 9k ES tanking the slams wasn't very comfortable, so I tended to avoid them too (but they weren't one-shots and I did tank a few here and there with a basalt flask).

Also Kaom's Roots aren't necessary for this build, since channeling is by nature resistant to the effects of action slowing (no action lock), but they can still be pretty helpful since casting anything else while slowed by Elder's dive attack is a good way to get yourself killed.
"
teknik1200 wrote:
I have a little trouble finding stuff in a 60 post thread searching is kind of hard for me i have some reading problems because i'm dyslexic so things take some extra work :)

is this how you're gemming the two different staffs?

I think a lot of people are running Controlled Destruction rather than Hypothermia in their clear staves, but Hypothermia is slightly better imo (safer, more Herald procs, maybe a tiny bit less damage sometimes). It's just much harder to get 3G3B vs 2G4B (though using Vorici helps a lot).
Uber Elder down on my second attempt ever. Build was totally able to tank through nearly everything. Playing aggressively, I only really had issues when I wasn't aware of who I should be targeting due to my own inexperience with the fight. A few more times doing that fight and it should be pretty easy with this build. I doubt it will ever be an "Elder delete" build no matter how much is invested, but with a bit of practice Uber should be easily farm-able with it.
I kinda have mana issues. I'm not using blood rage atm which is probably the reason but, is that the only form of mana leech we get?
I laugh at pooping dogs, just to see them get confused.
Note to self: stop face-tanking Abyss packs, you are NOT a jugg ;)
"
PoorLime wrote:
I kinda have mana issues. I'm not using blood rage atm which is probably the reason but, is that the only form of mana leech we get?

-x to skill cost ring is our "mana leech".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info