[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Powerlenny wrote:
If I put my current tree with completed but realistic gear into PoB and change it to reach Vaal Pact (with fertile minds and the 30 int node), the character has a little bit less ES and almost 15% less Damage.

In the end it comes down to personal preference it seems. In neither version the build is lacking damage/survivability. I might try a version with VP but without BR/Arakaali, could be a better decision than BR/arakaali without VP for the sake of QoL

Fair enough - I feel like I've come across rather negatively, and that's not my intention.

Rather I too tried to work out something similar to what you're working on, and I just couldn't come up with anything I liked (at least not better than just dropping Arakaali) - there always seemed to be too many losses versus too few gains, but I was always trying to path to Zealot's Oath, so your solution intrigues me and I need to take a good long look at your build in PoB, but I feel like Blood Rage would be driving me crazy in your setup, which is why I focused on the Arakaali interaction so much. ;)
What's your opinion on Watcher's Eyes?

It is useful for the Ascendant version, and is mainly QoL for the following scenarios to me:

1. No leech
It compensates for the missing leech.
But I recently did a t16 with no leech, 2 extra damage, extra cri, ele weakness, hexproof and with red beast and breach. It is fine without Watcher's Eyes. The regen on kill feels enough.

2. Jump into a pack carelessly
The ball lightning will trigger ES gain on hit and can sometimes save you.
This doesn't happen very often (and only matters when the pack has high crit and attack at the same time)

3. Delve in the dark
You can delve in the dark without flare. But flare is very cheap anyway.

So it seems to me we can save several exalts and uses a jewel with int instead.
Watcher's Eye is also pretty needed to run Ele Reflect reasonably safely, if you feel so inclined (I tend to just reroll them anyway... too slow).
"
vector84 wrote:
Watcher's Eye is also pretty needed to run Ele Reflect reasonably safely, if you feel so inclined (I tend to just reroll them anyway... too slow).

I don't roll map myself, just buy cheap 8-mod ones.
I exclude ele reflect and there are still enough maps to buy, so it doesn't seem to be a big deal.
"
Powerlenny wrote:
Shaper beam only does 4k DPS only counting in 75% resistances.

Also a quick FYI on this bit - I don't think Shaper beam hits? Isn't it a pure DoT? Which would mean it wouldn't trigger Arakaali on its own, so relying on Arakaali to tank Shaper beam... might not work so great sometimes?
What is the best way to deal with incursions? Is it still about a "5L winter orb - CwC - GMP" damage setup?
For Astramentis,should I get 14% all elements resistance or 0.5% cold damage lifesteal?
"
innova3 wrote:
For Astramentis,should I get 14% all elements resistance or 0.5% cold damage lifesteal?

Get 6% intelligence or +1 curses
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
innova3 wrote:

Get 6% intelligence or +1 curses

Why not the 0.5% lifesteal? Looks better, no?

#edit
it is such a better option compared to the 5% intelligence that some1 bought already.
Last edited by innova3 on Dec 29, 2018, 8:42:37 PM

Trying to upgrade these rares, anything I find is very expensive though.

Im currently stuck on my incandescent heart only thing imo worth replacing it is a very nicely rolled shaped vaal regalia which I have never seen for sale before, Im trying out some essence of spite to make my own hopefully if i get lucky ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info