Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

I kind of disagree with the Heirophant being the "Brand" caster since it has already been so amped up in regards to totems. Why not improve the Witch Elementalist by giving it affinity with these new brands especially since all 3 are elemental?
I think the dual weild changes will need some more tinkering but atm I don't care because I finally have a reason to use two handers again :D. I also think needing to actually dual weild is more intresting. But since most skills only change weapons and have no interaction using both weapons is a bit boring and needs looking at.
You all wanted this just sayin
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
gadam93 wrote:
People crying about a "nerf" to melee because of the stat stick change without having seen any numbers...

This is a very imoportant line:

"
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

We have NO information yet how dual wielding will scale with this change, maybe it will be even stronger with 2 actual good DPS weapons equipped wich would also make much more sense than DPS just scaling based on the mainhand.

I understand it to be a CHANGE to dualwielding rather than a nerf. But lets wait until we see the actual numbers tomorrow, right?

The issue I have that the stat stick change only really applies to melee builds that had hard enough time hanging with the OP ranged spells/Skills.

It completely gets rid of any real advantage melee builds had.

If you aren't building range you are losing the game and wasting your time.

I like those pretty salty tears... shame they will be gone when patch notes will be posted.
I'm not sure which I find more hilarious... The number of players salty over the "Stat stick" change, or the fact that it's not a nerf to stat sticks, but a removal of fake dual-wield.

Y'all will still be able to use them just fine with Blade Vortex.

This is not how I would've handled the change, as a result. It feels a bit clumsy, ruins a few interesting options, and still leaves glaring openings.

They should've changed the scripting for the stat stick mods (meaning retronerfs!) to, for most, only apply to attacks made with that weapon. However, the "random element" could've been left, similar to allowing an option like an off-hand copy of "The Princess." Sadly, that won't work.

But hey, BV was the #1 skill in Delve, and since this change doesn't affect it (since it's a spell, not an attack) it's sure to be popular in Betrayal!
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Relationship wrote:

If you aren't building range you are losing the game and wasting your time.

Cmon man, "wasting your time" is too much. If this is how you play poe maybe it's time to take a break?
guys..calm your mammaries. Pretty sure patch notes tomorrow will nerf spell too. (and also poet pen and zerphi flask)
"
Self-casting has not been a specific focus of the set of balance changes for 3.5.0, and we don't want to try rush in further big changes without extensive testing.

Betrayal does include some changes for various things associated with self-casting. We have designed the new cold skills to be aimed at self-casters, for example.

A)Guess I'm not self-casting FP this league

B)Cold skills self cast will always suck, even more so that the skills that got reworked still suck because of their mechanic anywho.
"
SouOu wrote:
I kind of disagree with the Heirophant being the "Brand" caster since it has already been so amped up in regards to totems. Why not improve the Witch Elementalist by giving it affinity with these new brands especially since all 3 are elemental?

This is my least liked aspect of this change. I know they did it to nerf totems a bit, but I wish they had either also powered brands on another ascendancy or just picked another one altogether. Why not give this to one of the least used ascendancies like berserker or inquisitor? This way it'd draw attention to those ascendancies and maybe lead to people finding new builds with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info