Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
tyago04 wrote:
"
TimelordDC wrote:
Maybe I am not getting this but they aren't removing the ability to use stat sticks outright, right? You can still use them if that weapon can be used with your main skill? Like blade flurry can still use a dagger or sword OH as a stat-stick?

Kind of, most of the nerf comes from it being active though. So, for example, if your old build used a dagger in one hand and a sceptre in the other you could, in theory, shift from that to a dagger and get a shaper sword with pretty much the same mods, yes, but now the different attack speed of the sword will impact the overall attack speed of the skill, where before the sceptre would be ignored and only the dagger's aspd would be used.

Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

The way I understand it, there will no longer be any skills that use main-hand only. You will instead attack with both weapons.
I don't believe I have read everything. :0 lol

Waiting for ps4 release and better console button costumization.
Double strike becomes the new dual strike with extra animation!?

The interaction for the rigwalds unique weapon set will be very limited also.
"
tyago04 wrote:
"
TimelordDC wrote:
Maybe I am not getting this but they aren't removing the ability to use stat sticks outright, right? You can still use them if that weapon can be used with your main skill? Like blade flurry can still use a dagger or sword OH as a stat-stick?

Kind of, most of the nerf comes from it being active though. So, for example, if your old build used a dagger in one hand and a sceptre in the other you could, in theory, shift from that to a dagger and get a shaper sword with pretty much the same mods, yes, but now the different attack speed of the sword will impact the overall attack speed of the skill, where before the sceptre would be ignored and only the dagger's aspd would be used.

The real thing that made statsticks work was the fact that you could ignore their base damage and just use the global bonuses. Now, because you have to attack with both weapons, half of your hits will do the great damage of your main hand, while others will have the garbage base damage of your off hand. This is effectively halving the damage of melee statsticks builds while doing nothing about the fact that physical-based spells also benefit heavily from them.
This is such a bullshit.
So now it's not possible to use Whirling Blades as a caster if your other weapon is not a fucking dagger.
WB is the only non-shitty movement skill for a caster. Scepters are worthless now. Getting two decent wb-daggers is a problem. Fuck this. I ve made dozens feedback reports in pas 4 years about Lightning warp is shit in every way possible, and now you just forbidding easy WB usage. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by g64 on Dec 3, 2018, 8:14:10 PM
Should've just reduced the shaped mod effectiveness and limited it to work only with attacks.

Oh also, you should look into the "multidipping" issues coming from "gain elemental as chaos" or "gain non-chaos as chaos" mods since they provide way more damage than intended.

No clue how you reached the conclusion that killing all melee builds and keeping phys spells with statsticks was the best resolution.
The point of this game is for PLAYERS to make the archetypes. Put out individual skills, supports, and keep ascendancies general. Make sure they aren't OP. Then the PLAYERS have the fun of putting it together.
Stat sticks will keep working in most cases, just they can no longer be called stat sticks. It's not like stat sticks were bad weapons by themselves. Just use a stat stick with a base item that can use the skill.

They haven't changed the interaction between main hand and off-hand weapon mods. They've not changed those mods by adding "with this weapon", either. They've only changed how dual-wielding affects those skills. Half the hits will be exactly the same as before 3.5, and the other half will be quite weaker. I can foresee a 30-35% damage loss for most dw statstick builds. Harmful, really harmful, but still much better than 1h+shield and 2h

No drama.

That being said, I join the popular clamor of "why just melee and not spellcasting?" It really makes no sense.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
"
Xveno wrote:
With the stat stick nerf, diablo immortal doesn't look that bad...

Lol

I will be forced to play immortal since poe wasn't released to ps4 yet.
People crying about a "nerf" to melee because of the stat stick change without having seen any numbers...

This is a very imoportant line:

"
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

We have NO information yet how dual wielding will scale with this change, maybe it will be even stronger with 2 actual good DPS weapons equipped wich would also make much more sense than DPS just scaling based on the mainhand.

I understand it to be a CHANGE to dualwielding rather than a nerf. But lets wait until we see the actual numbers tomorrow, right?
Ingame Name: GadamDesync

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info