Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
TimelordDC wrote:
Maybe I am not getting this but they aren't removing the ability to use stat sticks outright, right? You can still use them if that weapon can be used with your main skill? Like blade flurry can still use a dagger or sword OH as a stat-stick?

Kind of, most of the nerf comes from it being active though. So, for example, if your old build used a dagger in one hand and a sceptre in the other you could, in theory, shift from that to a dagger and get a shaper sword with pretty much the same mods, yes, but now the different attack speed of the sword will impact the overall attack speed of the skill, where before the sceptre would be ignored and only the dagger's aspd would be used.
I don't play meta builds all the time so i'm happy with the nerf to stat sticks however

A stat stick is an off-hand weapon that is not valid to use with a skill you are using when dual wielding

When I read this line its very clear to me that this would imply it was meant for melee based builds. This is a pretty heavy nerf for melee builds who didn't follow the meta where possible to make an interesting build possible.

Wouldn't it just have been easier to reword Physical as extra conversion to not be usable with swords,maces,axes,daggers and sceptres for SPELLS but still allowing them to use a wand instead this leaves them the option to roll it for a wand for physical conversion as wands are usually tied with a caster

What baffles me more than anything is the stat stick change will make more players keen to use two handed weapons. All two handed weapons have a base weapon range of 11 while a one handed foil has a weapon range of 12. It would be nice if two handed weapons got buffed to a weapon range of 15.
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
I don't play meta builds all the time so i'm happy with the nerf to stat sticks however

A stat stick is an off-hand weapon that is not valid to use with a skill you are using when dual wielding

When I read this line its very clear to me that this would imply it was meant for melee based builds. This is a pretty heavy nerf for melee builds who didn't follow the meta where possible to make an interesting build possible.

Wouldn't it just have been easier to reword Physical as extra conversion to not be usable with swords,maces,axes,daggers and sceptres for SPELLS but still allowing them to use a wand instead this leaves them the option to roll it for a wand for physical conversion as wands are usually tied with a caster

What baffles me more than anything is the stat stick change will make more players keen to use two handed weapons. All two handed weapons have a base weapon range of 11 while a one handed foil has a weapon range of 12. It would be nice if two handed weapons got buffed to a weapon range of 15.

But that would be a melee buff and it's very obvious this game and creators don't give a shit about melee players.
Stat Sticks are OP because of Physical SPELLS not melee. I like the change to melee statistics, but GGG please do something about SPELL STATSTICS!
*The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem. *

so.. for those of us who like to use several types of totems to cast different things.. how will this work?.. Let's say I use Essence Drain Totems but also Contagion Totem for support.. how do I control what casts 1 or 2? Or will EVERYTHING just always cast 2 totems? Does that mean the limit on totems is gone? If not this is really gonna fuck any non-supergeneric totem builds..
generally dangerous

either u get the dual wield buff more attack speed and dmg , or defense and stats of shield

and 1 good weapons cost alot more than shields hehe

alot of unique were designed to be stats stick i think like deaths hand , buffs are needed
"
s3t wrote:
Hey, with this Stat Sticks change you have nerfed 90% of most fun melee builds I played.
This is actually hilarious. Keep going with destroying that diversity and complex builds.

The way you said "diversity" and "complex" made me spit my coffee laughing.

DIVERSITY
Just sword/mace combos made up 5% of player base, and poe.ninja can't even account for all possible combinations, and this in a league where new chaos skills tempted 25% of the player base to go bow skills. They were even more spread past leagues. Going for what everybody is going for, now that's the definition of diversity. And making the power of stat sticks so damn accessible, cheap and powerful really was killing that.

COMPLEX
Roll a few dozen alts/alcs and get 60%-110% of your damage converted to elements and/or chaos, add melee stuff and done. You will just have to do without them, which by the way works.
This post will drown in the amount of other posts, so I'll keep it short:

Dear GGG, how about simply tweaking all of the numbers on stat sticks? lower all percentages by 10 to 15 and I'd call that a nice tweak to the stat stick problem.

What is proposed here seems to further gut the capabilities of melee builds and heavily favour phys based spell builds.
IGN: Laubblaeser
"
tyago04 wrote:
"
TimelordDC wrote:
Maybe I am not getting this but they aren't removing the ability to use stat sticks outright, right? You can still use them if that weapon can be used with your main skill? Like blade flurry can still use a dagger or sword OH as a stat-stick?

Kind of, most of the nerf comes from it being active though. So, for example, if your old build used a dagger in one hand and a sceptre in the other you could, in theory, shift from that to a dagger and get a shaper sword with pretty much the same mods, yes, but now the different attack speed of the sword will impact the overall attack speed of the skill, where before the sceptre would be ignored and only the dagger's aspd would be used.

I read it as worse then this.

Kinda sounds like every skill will alternate weapons. One attack main hand next off hand.

But again I am very confused.
With the stat stick nerf, diablo immortal doesn't look that bad...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info