Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

That's what happens when you ask the players on the reddit (you know who I'm talking about) :) I'm sure this thread will be the most discussed only because of one "reddit" nerf :)
Assuming for a moment that dual wield, 1h+s and two-hand aren't being buffed, this is an incredibly silly change. Stat sticks are OP, sure. But they're the only thing keeping melee afloat.
Well yeah
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
Mostly looks good, but the whole Archetypes bit kind of goes against the whole philosophy of Path of Exile's game design, I feel. Adding skill-specific modifiers, especially to Ascendancies, feels much more limiting than it does expanding with new options. I want to make a spellzerker. I want to go chaos, poison DoT inquisitor, and make it work. That does not seem like the road being gone down any more.

As has been the case since ascendancy.

Its just not really the case.

Ascendancies have made hipster builds much more interesting, they add an extra layer of coolness to builds - and while i personally dont agree with extremely specific things like adding cold damage to occultist, its far more interesting to build around different ascendancies than just having a unique starting location.

I really cant think of another way than how it is implemented now. More general ascendancies crystalise "the best speed, the best damage" type of game.

While you cant go Poison / cold / fire - everything - ascendancies open up possibilities for skills.

You want to do scourge arrow with - trickster? poison or Ignite, scourge arrow inquisitor? - scale flat or phys conversion, you can play it as champion, elementalist, scion, raider - practically anything.
Layered on top of that are hundreds of unique choices of how to scale that damage.
Please dont kill movement skills when dual wielding
If anything, this way of nerfing statsticks is completly oposite of what needs to be done, phys based spells were the biggest offenders, you already killed Blade Flurry with the aoe nerfs, to even get it remotely playable you need to invest into 3 might of the meeks to scale the scion aoe nodes insanely, ontop of using pure talent jewel and connect to maurader area to get that 15% increased area, thats the only way to scale blade flurry area effectively while still keeping its damage relevant to any other build at this point.

Now you're literally putting the nail in the coffin by removing any chance of duel wielding with blade flurry, ontop of that you just killed off vaal double strike and many other skills that had to be scaled properly with statsticks.

You single handedly just made bv the king of all skills in the game as it still benefits from dual statstick and phys as extra dmg mods on amulets.

not even gonna give you a 1/10 for this balance manifesto, completly out of touch with the game.
Maybe I am not getting this but they aren't removing the ability to use stat sticks outright, right? You can still use them if that weapon can be used with your main skill? Like blade flurry can still use a dagger or sword OH as a stat-stick?
"
BIIue wrote:
My wife left me

lucky you, now u have more time for this EPIC GAME
It is Very Disappointing to see stat sticks just killed rather than tweaked.

People are playing in standard for a reason, I dont want to reroll with each league release. I could play my build another 2 months before getting bored and rerolling. Now I will most likely have to.

Can you just Make items legacy rather than change the rules all the freakn time?

The cycle of nerfs and build breaking changes every 3 months annoys thhe living shit out of me!
Let's make sure we Nerf melee because it's so overused and overpowered but let's make it so stat sticks are still really good for spells.....

What the hell.

Literally losing at the game if you make melee anymore.

Tectonic slam was buffed.....but we made it so you can't really compete.

Have fun....wasting your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info